Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's play a game together!  (Read 2877 times)

Description:

Offline runequesterTopic starter

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
Re: Let's play a game together!
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 05:46:21 AM »
a'ight, got Speris Legacy installed and ready to go, if thats what we settle on :)

I figure we'll leave the thread until thursday to see if theres other votes, or non AGA users who want in, and otherwise we'll kick it off over the weekend

Offline midway

• Show only replies by midway
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »
I have an AGA one too, will check it out !

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 04:17:15 PM »
okay, do you guys want to just get started, and people can drop in along the way, or do youwant to wait until the weekend and give it a bit more for people to join?

I don't want to have a whole ton of rules and nonsense, but it might be helpfull if we each post the basic system we're running the game on (1200, 4000, UAE, WHDload or floppy?) and since this one has multiple control methods (1 and 2 button joystick, keyboard) how you are playing it.

Offline lassie

• Show only replies by lassie
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 04:24:36 PM »
Quote from: som99;705566
Im up for either a RPG, or Breathless, Alien Breed 3D, I could play any of the Point and click adventures on Amiga besides the games that use SCUMM engine since ive played nearly all of em. Im up for Speris Legacy also, have not even tried it and it looks like an RPG I would like :)

Whatever game we pick I will play on a real Amiga :)

Hi have you tried Hook on the Amiga? i think it is an okay Adventure game :-)
Amiga 4000 030 18 MB ram. 16 Gb HD.
Amiga 1200 030 34 MB ram. 8 Gb HD.
Amiga 1200 Tower Apollo 1240
Amiga 2000 030. 9 MB ram. 1 Gb HD.
Amiga 2000 68000 5 MB ram. 500 MB HD.
Amiga 2000 68000 9 MB ram. 1 Gb HD.
Amiga 600 4 MB ram. 4 GB HD.
Amiga 600 1 MB ram. 60 MB HD.
Amiga 500 1 MB ram.
Amiga 500 Plus
Amiga CD32
Amiga CD32
Commodore 64
Commodore 64C
Commodore 128
Commodore 128D

Offline lassie

• Show only replies by lassie
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »
There is Cruise for a corpse and Flight of the amazon queen, quite good adventure games i think :-)
Amiga 4000 030 18 MB ram. 16 Gb HD.
Amiga 1200 030 34 MB ram. 8 Gb HD.
Amiga 1200 Tower Apollo 1240
Amiga 2000 030. 9 MB ram. 1 Gb HD.
Amiga 2000 68000 5 MB ram. 500 MB HD.
Amiga 2000 68000 9 MB ram. 1 Gb HD.
Amiga 600 4 MB ram. 4 GB HD.
Amiga 600 1 MB ram. 60 MB HD.
Amiga 500 1 MB ram.
Amiga 500 Plus
Amiga CD32
Amiga CD32
Commodore 64
Commodore 64C
Commodore 128
Commodore 128D

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 03:51:38 PM »
Okay, so I cheated a bit and started on Speris Legacy last night. I can tell this is both going to be a really fun game, and a really frustrating one :)

I'll hold off talking about any details until saturday (Got a wedding to go to friday. I'll probably get to do some amiga gaming today with a buddy of mine, but it's likely to be Balance of Power in multiplayer)

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 05:56:51 PM »
Okay, so I got started a bit, and made it out of the starting town.

A few comments so far:

The music is quite excellent. I love the tune in the first town.

I found a shield, but aren't sure how to use it.

Autofire button makes sword fighting easy :)

Things respawn.. so hacking up baddies for extra XP is pretty easy. Seems the experience mainly gives you more hit points.

Some things are "hidden in plain sight". It took me a while of poking around, before I found the sword, and finding the maze where you get the shield wasn't very obvious either. This is definately a game where I'll end up getting stuck a lot :)

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 10:19:22 PM »
I have had some work needed to my 1200 before I could start, but now ive started, just got the sword and I am now leaving town, I like the music, the story is quite simple so far, alas I love the graphics, im happy this game is not turn based :D

So far so good :) Wish me luck in my journeys :D

Edit: also a tip, at the south part of town, near your house a sign tells you the royal maze is to the south, just discovered to enter you just hack away on the wall with your sword :)

Edit: also I find that this game would play better with a joypad instead of joystick, so putting down an order for one tonight :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:25:05 PM by som99 »

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 10:44:32 PM »
Quote from: som99;706314
I have had some work needed to my 1200 before I could start, but now ive started, just got the sword and I am now leaving town, I like the music, the story is quite simple so far, alas I love the graphics, im happy this game is not turn based :D

So far so good :) Wish me luck in my journeys :D

Edit: also a tip, at the south part of town, near your house a sign tells you the royal maze is to the south, just discovered to enter you just hack away on the wall with your sword :)

Edit: also I find that this game would play better with a joypad instead of joystick, so putting down an order for one tonight :)

Yeah, I found the shield in the southern maze, but I couldn't figure out what to do with it.
My son was playing SWIV today, so once he has  a nap, I will get back to it. I saved the game having reached a second town, by following the road outside.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 11:58:44 PM »
Quote from: runequester;706316
Yeah, I found the shield in the southern maze, but I couldn't figure out what to do with it.
My son was playing SWIV today, so once he has  a nap, I will get back to it. I saved the game having reached a second town, by following the road outside.

Great, nice to know im on the right track :D You just have to put the shield in your sword slot, you still use your sword with the attack button but your shield is active and make you loose less vitality when hit :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 12:29:29 AM by som99 »

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 12:34:23 PM »
I am running around in the Huge second city, I traded 10 gems for a new dagger I can throw by holding the button and could kill the green troll to enter the main area of town, ive solved a puzzle to get a jackhammer or if it's an drill in the mysterious house and right now I do not know what to do, im looking for a pipe for a NPC :P
Also found the huge ferocious looking plant in the end of the maze and my avatar tells me he wants to take an sample of it, but I do not yet know how :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:37:54 PM by som99 »

Offline foleyjo

• Show only replies by foleyjo
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 08:15:54 PM »
Hey I haven't been playing recently coz I recently moved and havent got my A1200 set up properly yet.
I have completed it previously. It's a great game. Though it does have some faults.
If your Amiga isn't upgraded then save often because it can suddenly freeze.

In the underground area there is a cracked wall this if you hit with a hammer reveals part of a pipe. You can then walk on this pipe and go into the lava area. Problem is theres nothing to do in this area. I spent ages thinking I was supposed to do something there.

I'm sure the shield you just assign as an item you are holding.

Som99 have you got the gloves?
Also try talking to people again as they can sometimes have different things to say. I seem to remember the pipe being in the shop in the top right area of the map.
I could be wrong though. I just remember the woman being reluctant to part with it unless you give her something.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 09:21:00 PM »
Quote from: foleyjo;706847
Hey I haven't been playing recently coz I recently moved and havent got my A1200 set up properly yet.
I have completed it previously. It's a great game. Though it does have some faults.
If your Amiga isn't upgraded then save often because it can suddenly freeze.

In the underground area there is a cracked wall this if you hit with a hammer reveals part of a pipe. You can then walk on this pipe and go into the lava area. Problem is theres nothing to do in this area. I spent ages thinking I was supposed to do something there.

I'm sure the shield you just assign as an item you are holding.

Som99 have you got the gloves?
Also try talking to people again as they can sometimes have different things to say. I seem to remember the pipe being in the shop in the top right area of the map.
I could be wrong though. I just remember the woman being reluctant to part with it unless you give her something.

Hey thanks, I got no gloves yet, also the shop at the top says it's open certain times but I do not know how to check the time since when I tried to enter it nothing happened (I guess it was closed), any tip on that?

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »
Since m yson is unexpectedly at daycare today, I should be able to get to explore that damn second city today :)

More to follow!

Offline foleyjo

• Show only replies by foleyjo
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 10:25:45 PM »
Time isn't important it wil open after you do something else. I'm trying not to say too much coz I don't want to spoil it. Do talk to eveyone again.

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #29 from previous page: September 06, 2012, 10:27:51 PM »
Quote from: runequester;705525
Exactly!

an RPG might work too. Always wanted to give bards tale or ishar a decent shot.

I'm down if you play BT, but I have that game memorized, practically, so I already know where everything is. ;P
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf