Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Effective 12:00 AM CST I'm retiring from Amiga.org  (Read 8954 times)

Description:

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
Effective 12:00 AM CST I'm retiring from Amiga.org
« on: August 04, 2012, 04:11:57 AM »
Effective 12:00 CST time I'm retiring my post from Amiga.org. My tired old bones just can't keep up with this anymore. I'm not closing the site down but instead giving the site to Bill Panagouleas (Pyromania) as a gift. I hope this in some way makes up for his sadness and hurt over the Aladdin 4D deal. It was not my place to speak out in public about a matter that was discussed with me in private. I hope Deron can find it in his heart to work things out with Bill but if not it's my last wish that my gift of Amiga.org to Bill will restore his joy, enthusiasm and hope for a brighter future for Amiga, MorphOS & AROS. It was his idea to save Amiga.org in the first place, I was but a wallet that allowed it to happen. I hate long goodbyes so will keep this short.

Good luck Bill and enjoy my gift to you, please always keep your members happy. I have learned from my experience here and wish all members, mods and anyone I have missed the best. I have asked that this account be renamed to something else and will no longer post from it. Anyone needing to contact me for some reason can do so via e-mail.

Best wishes

- Tedd
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
Re: Effective 12:00 AM CST I'm retiring from Amiga.org
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 04:53:23 AM »
I know things have not been easy for you the past few months with trying to keep everyone and their pet happy. I do think your over reacting but if thats what you feel the so be it. Maybe in a few months you will return and feel that you have had enough of a break from this place to start posting again.

Offline Krischan76

• Show only replies by Krischan76
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 05:30:05 AM »
And on goes this comedy theatre. It's a utter disgrace what you have made of A.org - a laughing stock.

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 05:52:11 AM »
I won't question your motives or decisions.

Best of luck in the future, Transition - sincerely.  I get a lot of enjoyment out of A.org, and you've kept the ball rolling for quite some time now, so cheers for that.

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 09:33:01 AM »
Good luck!
Beating the dead horse since 2002.

Offline ptek

• Show only replies by ptek
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 11:20:03 AM »
Good luck Tedd and welcome Bill!
Onions have layers ...

Offline VingtTrois

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by VingtTrois
    • http://www.amiga.org/gallery/images/6006/1_2316_My_AMIGA_Collection_Sept2010.jpg
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 09:16:26 PM »
It's always a sad news to lose an AMIGA fan!!! Good luck man! It's a sad day for the community.
-A3K(T)040@35MHz/78MB/KS3.1/OS3.9/Buster11/PICASSO II/GVP IO/A2088XT/DENEB/HDD18GB
-A3K(D)030@25MHz/134MB RAM/KS3.1/OS3.9/Buster11/RETINA Z2/OKTAGON 2008/VLAB YC/MIDI/DKB3128/HDD18GB
-A2K/ROM 1.3-3.1/2MBCHIP/8MB/A2091/OKTAGON 2008/A2058/TANDEM IDE/FlickerFixer-Scandoubler/Genlock
-A1200/KS3.1/2MB+9MB/CF2GB A1200[/

Offline orange

• Show only replies by orange
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 09:57:59 PM »
sad indeed. makes me think, how long till we are all gone?
Better sorry than worry.

Offline Dwyloc

• Show only replies by Dwyloc
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 10:58:23 PM »
@Transition
Good luck for the future and thanks for proving support to the Amiga community.

In life things don't always work out as we would like but its always better to have tried and failed than not to have bother at all, even if it does not always feel that way at the time.
Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1
Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
Amiga 1200 Eyetech mk4 Tower, Blizzard 1240 040/40 32MB Fast ram, IDEFix Express mk2, mediatorSX pci, Voodoo3 PCI, PCI network card, OS3.9 BB2.

Offline tasmanian guy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by tasmanian guy
    • http://www.amigaformat.com
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 11:16:24 PM »
I think everyone just needs to have a chill pill and wait a couple of days before making any rash decisions that affects a community :-)
Amiga 1200 1U Rack project

Offline billt

• Show only replies by billt
    • http://www.billtoner.net
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 12:52:31 AM »
Sounds like I missed out on a soap opera...
Bill T
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 12:59:03 AM »
Good luck Tedd and thanks for keeping it going.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline swoslover

• Show only replies by swoslover
    • http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Relictronic-Boutique
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 04:21:52 AM »
I thank you for the money you have put into keeping A.org going and think that what you are doing is a magnificent gesture.

Best of luck and I hope you can retain some interest in this hobby of ours.
A1200
CD32
A4000

Offline nscaleworld

• Show only replies by nscaleworld
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 04:25:33 AM »
Quote from: Transition;702157
Effective 12:00 CST time I'm retiring my post from Amiga.org. My tired old bones just can't keep up with this anymore. I'm not closing the site down but instead giving the site to Bill Panagouleas (Pyromania) as a gift. I hope this in some way makes up for his sadness and hurt over the Aladdin 4D deal. It was not my place to speak out in public about a matter that was discussed with me in private. I hope Deron can find it in his heart to work things out with Bill but if not it's my last wish that my gift of Amiga.org to Bill will restore his joy, enthusiasm and hope for a brighter future for Amiga, MorphOS & AROS. It was his idea to save Amiga.org in the first place, I was but a wallet that allowed it to happen. I hate long goodbyes so will keep this short.

Good luck Bill and enjoy my gift to you, please always keep your members happy. I have learned from my experience here and wish all members, mods and anyone I have missed the best. I have asked that this account be renamed to something else and will no longer post from it. Anyone needing to contact me for some reason can do so via e-mail.

Best wishes

- Tedd

I actually do not blame him.  I mean, do some of you people actually read the crap you post?!  Or do you enjoy talking crap about people, who are not here to defend themselves, or spreading lies and rumors about other people with absolutely no legal evidence to support any of your claims.  If I was the Admin, many of you would have been kicked out long time ago.  I really do hate gossipers and trouble-makers, they are the worst scum on the earth.  I will not mention any names, because you people know who you are.
Amiga 500 (like new in box) , Amiga 2000 (like new in box) , Amiga 2500 (like new in box) , Amiga 3000T (like new) , 2 - Amiga 500 Towers , AmigaOne with OS 4.1

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 04:37:51 AM »
Quote from: nscaleworld;702253
I actually do not blame him.  I mean, do some of you people actually read the crap you post?!  Or do you enjoy talking crap about people, who are not here to defend themselves, or spreading lies and rumors about other people with absolutely no legal evidence to support any of your claims.  If I was the Admin, many of you would have been kicked out long time ago.  I really do hate gossipers and trouble-makers, they are the worst scum on the earth.  I will not mention any names, because you people know who you are.

Actually i have always felt things on here have always been melodramatic. The best way to solve this is not respond actively and instead just laugh it off  :lol:

I mean, this is a community where lots of people interact. There is bound to be disagreements at some point about something. OK Transition had a minor lapse in sanity - who cares? It happens to the best of us. My point is for all the people threatening to leave this site just because of this - stop be melodramatic.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.