Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weird vertical blurred areas on GFX card output  (Read 304 times)

Description:

Offline asrael22Topic starter

• Show only replies by asrael22
Weird vertical blurred areas on GFX card output
« on: May 02, 2017, 04:15:03 PM »
Hi.

This is really weird. But also annoying.
The GFX card output on my A4000 has areas, vertical bars of maybe 2 cm width, every 6 or 7 cm, where the output is slightly blurred so that text is harder to read and is not sharp. There is not a different color or so, it's just that's is not sharp in those areas.
I have this on two different GFX cards. So it might not be the GFX card.
What else could that be?

Manfred

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: Weird vertical blurred areas on GFX card output
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 05:08:36 PM »
What model of graphics card? What RTG software are you running? And I suppose the obvious questions, have you tried with different cables and monitors?
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 05:34:36 PM »
Thanks for responding.
I see this phenomenon with a Piccolo SD64 and 'Matze's Grakka' on Picasso96-2.1_e.
Hmm. I had a different display on it but for other reasons. So no, I haven't tried different cables and display. Will do that.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 07:06:40 AM »
So it seems to be the display. Or a combination of the resolution and the display, maybe also the analog input. Putting a digital input on the display it has no problems.
I've put another display on the A4000 and all is fine.

So thanks for the pointer.

Manfred

Offline cunnpole

• Show only replies by cunnpole
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 12:25:19 PM »
I used to get this all the time with cheap samsung vga cables. Generally straightening out the kinks fixed it, but better cables are the best solution

Offline Thomas

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 07:44:48 PM »
Quote from: asrael22;825283
vertical bars of maybe 2 cm width, every 6 or 7 cm, where the output is slightly blurred so that text is harder to read and is not sharp.

That's normal behaviour of flatscreen monitors with analog input, especially if you use it with different computers, for example through a KVM switch. Every computer and every gfx card outputs a slightly different signal. Use the auto-adjust button of your display to remove it. (Believe me, it has one. Check the manual.) You might have to repeat it when the gfx card becomes warm.