Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mediator + Voodoo 5 + Picasso96 fix  (Read 975 times)

Description:

Mediator + Voodoo 5 + Picasso96 fix
« on: April 21, 2005, 10:25:01 PM »
Some advice anyone who wants to use a Voodoo 5 with a Mediator and Picasso96.

If you are pulling your hair out because Picasso96Mode freezes when you try to test a mode instead of displaying any output.  The solution i found was to put a cap over the WAIT jumper on the Mediator board.

Even though the Mediator manual states to not do this if you have an accelerator card, it's the only way to fix this problem.

Offline JaXanim

• Show only replies by JaXanim
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com/waveguide/home.html
Re: Mediator + Voodoo 5 + Picasso96 fix
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 12:08:04 AM »
@mdma

EDIT: Re-read your post properly. In my excitement I thought you were talking about a PIV/Voodoo5 issue. Anyways.... /EDIT

I couldn't get them to run together at all, so I'm gonna give this a try. I really need both my PIV and Voodoo5 running together, but nothing seems to work.

Long discussions with Elbox concluded that a timing issue was the cause, so I abandoned the idea. The thing is, I need to see the Early Boot Screen aand such native stuff via the PIV's SD/FF. I could also run LightWave5 on a 'proper' monitor (LW only supports the Picasso cards).

Thanks for the tip. If it works, I'll tell Elbox about it.

Cheers,

JaX
Be inspired! It\\\'s back!

Re: Mediator + Voodoo 5 + Picasso96 fix
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 12:16:31 AM »

JaXanim wrote:
@mdma

EDIT: Re-read your post properly. In my excitement I thought you were talking about a PIV/Voodoo5 issue. Anyways.... /EDIT

I couldn't get them to run together at all, so I'm gonna give this a try. I really need both my PIV and Voodoo5 running together, but nothing seems to work.

Long discussions with Elbox concluded that a timing issue was the cause, so I abandoned the idea. The thing is, I need to see the Early Boot Screen aand such native stuff via the PIV's SD/FF. I could also run LightWave5 on a 'proper' monitor (LW only supports the Picasso cards).

Thanks for the tip. If it works, I'll tell Elbox about it.

Cheers,

JaX

I hope it works for you.

hmmm... There really should be a smiley for "fingers-crossed". :-D