Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PowerWindowsNG in WinUAE  (Read 1455 times)

Description:

Offline AmiKitTopic starter

PowerWindowsNG in WinUAE
« on: June 29, 2008, 12:12:50 PM »
Has anyone managed to get it working in WinUAE environment? If so I would appreciate a help. Thanks!

Offline wawrzon

Re: PowerWindowsNG in WinUAE
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 12:57:22 PM »
and the problem is?
the modified kickstart i suppose. i could give it a try later since im running powerwindowsng on my both main hardware amigas using patched custom roms. i havnt turned on uae for a long time now though.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 01:11:21 PM »
The problem is it doesn't work. Maybe it works with modified ROM but this is not how I would like to make it work. I tried to use the PowerWindows module with LoadModule. While LoadModule didn't report any error, the PowerWindowsNG itself doesn't work anyway. Do I really need to use BlizKick?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 01:16:59 PM »
it took some time before i figured it out too. i used blizkick for some time, in fact on one of the machines i still use blizkick, but it loads the custom rom in first place instead of applying single patches one after the other. i havnt tried loadmodule hard, but i remember sweeting on figuring out the sequence of patches in blizkick. its much easier to put a custom kick together. believe me.

edit: äh sorry i havnt noticed ur nick before. i see why you wont use a custom rom. lol

Offline Thomas

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 03:52:55 PM »

I tried to use the PowerWindows module with LoadModule. While LoadModule didn't report any error,

LoadModule does indeed give an error. You must not run it with >NIL:, then of course you don't see the error message.

The Blizkick module does not work with LoadModule because it does not contain a resident tag. That's what the error message says.

PW does work perfectly with a modified ROM used in WinUAE. No need to use Blizkick.

Bye,
Thomas

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 04:00:13 PM »
@Thomas

Yeah, maybe I used it with >NIL: :-)

So the only possibility is to modify the ROM image or use the BlizKick? Can I combine BlizKick with LoadModule?

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 09:30:34 AM »
bump