Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: THE worst Amiga games?  (Read 8084 times)

Description:

Offline Bodie

• Show only replies by Bodie
Re: THE worst Amiga games?
« Reply #74 from previous page: February 25, 2003, 11:40:29 AM »
@Coder

:lol:

Offline Bezzen

• Show only replies by Bezzen
    • http://www.streammountain.se
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2003, 11:40:59 AM »
@MAD

BTW, did anybody pass through the first two levels of Alien Breed 2 WITHOUT using any cheat mode??? If not, I will agree that AB2 was crap...

Me and friend completed the co-op mode without cheating on AB2. I didn't complete the single player mode though, but I got pretty far. It's one of my favourite games actually.

Alien Breed 3D 2 on the other hand though....that was HARD  :-o

Offline NickTopic starter

• Show only replies by Nick
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2003, 12:17:50 PM »
Hehe I`ll fold on The Addams family...I won`t play it, probably, but my first impression wasn`t good.

@Mike_Amiga

Odyssey was a damn good game. I loved that game. Only wish i could buy it. I haven`t played it enough to get very far on it, but its great.

Offline MasterOfReality

• Show only replies by MasterOfReality
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2003, 12:27:06 PM »
Nightbreed

Leisure Suit Larry 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...50000

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2003, 01:33:44 PM »
@ MasterOfReality Wizball?!!?!  I loved that game!
Solid game control and fun.

I saw elsewhere that AArgghh was listed too.  I somewhat liked that game too, although Rampage was better.

Offline Trooper

• Show only replies by Trooper
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2003, 03:00:56 PM »
Hi,

I am very suprised to see that no one has mentioned the 1994 amiga platform game by Black Legend called Fatman - The caped consumer. This had to be the biggest piece of ####e. I mean, The music was dire, The sound fx were crap and the game was pretty unresponsive, and they had a cheek to expect people to pay £25 for it :-o . They also released an aga version that appeared to be no different to the ordinary version.

Rainbow Islands, Now there`s a proper platform game. Me and a friend played this to death, We completed it so many times that we wore the disk out.

Regards

Trooper
Rainbow Islands: \\"The game is sometimes called \\"Bubble Bobble 2\\". However, two other games --\\"Bubble Symphony: The Story of Bubble Bobble 2\\" and \\"Bubble Bobble 2\\"-- claim the same name. Rainbow Islands happens after Bubble Bobble. Bubble Symphon...

Offline MasterOfReality

• Show only replies by MasterOfReality
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2003, 03:01:18 PM »
Wizzball!!?!

It was quite fun to begin with, but the bouncing noise did my head in after a while.[

Offline Mike_Amiga

• Show only replies by Mike_Amiga
    • http://www.mp3.com.au/forefinger
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2003, 11:51:31 PM »

Nick wrote:
Hehe I`ll fold on The Addams family...I won`t play it, probably, but my first impression wasn`t good.

@Mike_Amiga

Odyssey was a damn good game. I loved that game. Only wish i could buy it. I haven`t played it enough to get very far on it, but its great.

All right maybe Odyssey bashing was as misplaced as your Adams Family Bashing. Bit of a random shot from both of us really. However I swear there are a whole bunch of Graphical RPGs under my desk that suck rotten eggs. Just can't think of or see their names right now. :-o
AKA ED-209 on IRC...

Offline KingTutt

• Show only replies by KingTutt
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2003, 02:45:32 AM »
Didn't Titus make Crazy Cars 3? Man that game was awesome, must be an exception or something. hehe.

Ok my token post bad game...

Spinner or was it called revolution. (On the same disk as Midnight Resistance)
If I said I was the best you would think I am boasting. But if I said I was not, then you KNOW I am lying! ~Bruce Lee.

Offline Lo

• Show only replies by Lo
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2003, 03:03:51 AM »
"I am very suprised to see that no one has mentioned the 1994 amiga platform game by Black Legend"

Myabe because the A1000 came out in 1985? I dunno..
[color=0000CC]GVP 060 @50 Pwr Twr [/color][color=FF0000]AMD_Amithlon_UAE[/color]

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2003, 03:14:25 AM »
@Lo

Read your post again,....you need sleep ;-).

Offline xaccrocheur

• Show only replies by xaccrocheur
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2003, 05:48:33 AM »
Hey same one ! I was *shocked* by Dmask, but then again @ those times EVERY 3D implementation excited me. AND I liked the coder, too.

Mm.. I remember a game that my girl bought @ FNAC back when they'd sell Amiga Games, but near the end, when only unsold crap were subsisting, she wanted this game because of the colorful box.

It was a sort of "chopper rescue" clone where a prehistoric guy would ride a flying bycicle and try to collect passengers.

I mean it costed 100 FF, I still think I should be refunded on this one.

But actually, it's hard to find really bad games.

I mean I did not like the way skeleton Krew played, but I know a friend who made it rock.

Oh, another one : I HATED Chuck Rock ! And Aladdin ! And the Lion King ! (I had a 5 years old girl @ those times :) And bidule the Lion !

And Stunt Car Racer was a SHOCK of a good game ! I forgot this one in my "best" list ! put it very close to the top !!!

pX

Offline Darth_X

• Show only replies by Darth_X
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2003, 07:58:44 AM »
Altered Beast. The SEGA original was great.. the A500 port was crap

Offline NickTopic starter

• Show only replies by Nick
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2003, 10:59:10 AM »
Hehe this has been interesting.

There seems to be a very simple formula to creating a truely awful game. Just include one or more, of the following, in differing amounts.

-Film/TV license
We all like to watch a film, and would like to be able to interect with those charcters and do what they did. We don`t mind that the game is a sloppy game do we? I mean, we don`t mind that the game was only made fo the money do we? :-)

-Very short
Who needs a game which goes on for hours? We only want to get to the end anyway. This is not short, its efficient. :-)

-Impossible to do
Who needs an easy game. Gamers nowadays want a game which is a challenge. If its impossible its the ultimate challange. What a game! :-)

-Annoying/bad music
If the game is annoying then why not make the music match?

-Annoying/bad graphics
If you want the game to be out in time for the date we gave you 5 years ago the games developers should be allowed to miss out something surely :-)

-Really bad port
We all like the bad graphics of the C64 don`t we, so why change it? :-)

-Bad physics
Who needs realism? This is a flight sim, its not real? :-)

-Unresponsive
Gamers don`t have very good reactions so we have to allow for this by making the game very slow and unresponsive. :-)

Keep`em comin. This is quite funny, to find out just how many stinkers theres been. :-D

Offline R2D2

• Show only replies by R2D2
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2003, 11:53:38 AM »
Dennis was absolutely awful! Nice graphics but it just wasn't playable.. Then again Wizball was/is one of the greatest games EVER made, so it amazes me that someone really didn't like it..  :-)
\\"Se on niinkuin polkupyörällä ajo - kerran kun sen oppii ja jos ei sitä koko ajan harjoittele, niin sitä ei opi koskaan enää uudelleen.\\"

Offline Atheist

• Show only replies by Atheist
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2003, 12:19:22 PM »
I've found that Amiga games have good to outstanding!!! music, even some of the worst ones that were made.

BTW: Love that check list, I could just see some guy ticking off empty boxes beside each "virtue"  :-D as it's implemented!!!

Amiga! Play it again Sam(ple)!!

P.S.  --- Ever see the Woody Allen flick?  :-D  :-D
\\"Which would you buy? The Crappy A1200, 15 years out of date... or the Mobile Phone that I have?\\" -- bloodline
So I guess that A500, 600, 1000, 2000, CDTV, CD32, are pure garbage then? Thanks for posting here.