Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Directly towards Amiga.Org  (Read 10560 times)

Description:

Offline StarkeTopic starter

• Show only replies by Starke
Re: Directly towards Amiga.Org
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2007, 05:57:05 PM »
ODDMARIO:

thats true, I would stick with them no matter what, but my latter comments were more to the average user base, who would only stick with a good product.

Truth is, Amiga os4 is an awesome product, just wish we can get to use it soon on Amiga's new computers that they have planned.

Basically, anything beats windows for me, but this may not be the case for everyone.
Mr_500 man: Before u rip into me again, Ill answer your statement you probly going to make, now:
OK, so I am using windows, on my PC, you must understand, there's been a long time of aggony in using this shet, and in the end, I am finally no longer willing to except the flaws of this OS. Hence, It would be nice to not even have to touch windows, and have instead of emulator, an Amiga OS running on my PC, or Amiga one, or new Amiga computer, or MAC, as a standalone OS that doesnt need another OS as a base platform, but can still run pc software, and others.

Now this would be an accomplishment.
AMIGA will rise!

Offline Doobrey

• Show only replies by Doobrey
    • http://www.doobreynet.co.uk
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2007, 06:25:44 PM »

Starke wrote:
Truth is, Amiga os4 is an awesome product, just wish we can get to use it soon on Amiga's new computers that they have planned.

Amiga Inc don't have any new computers planned, they're not a hardware company, never have been. All they want to do is get paid for licensing 'the name' to other companies.

I don't mean to sound rude, but try reading up on exactly what's been going on for the last 5 or 6 years and you'll soon find out why there's no hardware available right now, or why many people couldn't give a {bleep} what Amiga Inc get upto , or why they don't trust a single word Amiga Inc says.
On schedule, and suing

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2007, 07:21:09 PM »

TheMagicM wrote:
By the sale of the previous A1's I'm sure they got a clear picture of how many or little people were interested.  

That they all sold out while there was still demand for more?  :-P
But seriousely.. you should also take into account that OS4 was not even finished and that the machines was already out of production by the time that the pre release was out. We should also take into account the hardware problems and how overpriced the boards were.

Offline Tomas

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2007, 07:24:12 PM »
and donating 2 dollars every two weeks from their paychecks towards Amiga Inc and Hyperion.

Are you serious?  :-o Donating money to the same Amiga INC that has worked against the community during this whole time? The same company that ripped off the community with their coupons and lies?

Offline Tomas

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2007, 07:31:52 PM »
We both are running emulators. he for years, I just started emulating.

I think the point was more about you screaming about getting away from microsoft, intel pcs and so on while you still use on yourself as your primary computer? Why are you not following your own advice?
Now if you ask me, PC doom, was renamed from the original Amiga game Gloom. But right now, none of this matters, as I wanted to congratulate you.

Doom was released before gloom... That is why they call gloom for a doom clone. What made this game genre was wolfenstein3d, which was made by the same company that made doom.

Offline InTheSand

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2007, 07:36:51 PM »
Heh! Good luck with finding the A1000 version of AWeb! Surfing the Internet in orange and blue, there's a novelty!  :-)

- Ali

Offline Tomas

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2007, 07:40:28 PM »

InTheSand wrote:
Heh! Good luck with finding the A1000 version of AWeb! Surfing the Internet in orange and blue, there's a novelty!  :-)

- Ali

Maybe he is one of the lucky few with a accelerator equipped a1000  :-P

Offline Nostalgiac

• Show only replies by Nostalgiac
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2007, 07:49:34 PM »
@stark & others with likewise thoughts

probablyh rather contraversial here... oh well... freedom of speech etc...

lets face it... Windows/MacOSX/Linux have won - I am not at all interested in OS4 nor AROS nor whatever other OS.
(criky - even OS4 has no full memory protection)

I just want to have some fun and feel young again with my A2000 - I upgraded to 3.9 and an 060 just because now "I can".

I'm playing with AmiKit on my pc and with a plain UAE trying to get it working on a Sun Sparc SunBlade 2000 (not much succes for now - seems x86 is the best/only bet)

Will I be getting more Amiga stuff ? Well I have a C64/3d coming my way and I hope a working network card soon.

Will I be surfing the net with the Amiga ? NO... I do that with a modern FireFox/Opera supported box. Am I using AmiAIM ? NO.. I prefer a client that can actualy download my buddy list. I'm posting from a wireless 400Mhz laptop right now - try posting from a real amiga from your sofa...

So stuff your crusade and stuff Amiga Inc/Hyperion/OS4. I'm sooo not interested.

Nothing personal mind you - I'm just a tad more realistic then a lot here :-(

ta
Tom
2000/2060/128mb/2320/2gb/C64-3D/Hydra-Aminet on OS 3.9

c128/1541/1750/1351 with Dolphin Dos and eprom burner

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2007, 07:58:28 PM »
Just buy a Pegasos!

Offline NoFastMem

• Show only replies by NoFastMem
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2007, 08:16:36 PM »
Oh good! Another newbie user on a one-man crusade to save the Amiga via a messageboard. Good luck!
AKA that_punk_guy

Offline InTheSand

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2007, 01:21:45 AM »

Tomas wrote:

InTheSand wrote:

- Ali

Maybe he is one of the lucky few with a accelerator equipped a1000  :-P

Ah, the 1.3-compatible AWeb should do the job nicely in that case!

- Ali

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2007, 01:30:51 AM »
When I pound my raw skinned fists upon the concept of Amiga INC, i see the red and white checker pattern of my very own blood upon the concrete.

Props to AROS

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2007, 02:11:43 AM »
Doobrey:

I know they arent a hardware company ning nong. All of Amiga Inc's stuff is outsourced. Go get real, I fully comprehend that al what Amiga Inc are doing is outsourcing other companies for the things they need.
QUESTION:
Would they be doing this if they had the support of AMIGA USers?
I have nothing more to say to you.
Talk to Stop The Gop or someone in this field, I cant be bothered giving my time and effort on this keyboard towards someone who assumes shet about me.
That goes for everyone out there Assuming things about me that arent entirely true.

Cheers  8-) And enjoy your day if you can!
AMIGA will rise!

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2007, 02:34:02 AM »
Tomas:

You must not quite be there, I am as many, forced to use this stuff, as Amiga have not released any new Computers, more so, I dont see any of you finding ways to make this happen, instead your all willing just to live in your own little worlds, and accept the way it is.

Whats wrong with all you guys, I know if we all helped eachother to work out ways that would Help Amiga Inc become bigger and better, and something more of an Amiga company than it is now, we wouldnt have to be writing certain things in the forums anymore.

Is everyone gonna help eachother to help Amiga or what?

8-)
AMIGA will rise!

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2007, 02:54:36 AM »
Nostalgiac:

reality is, Bill gates did something illegal. But he continued his dream, although everyone was stopping him, and wanting to stop him. In the end, he wasnt even allowed to make a public display of windows to the world in that one point in time.

But he did anyway.

And because he did do this, he ended up risking his career and his livelihood, as he couldve been arrested at the time, but they decided to let him talk in the end, thinking not much of it at first.
But you see, he was so cionvinced that hes product was better at the time, and we all know how bad the first windows was, that he somehow managed to gain hearts to try it, you see, many people thought Amiga was only a gaming machine.

This is where Amiga at the time fuked up. Amiga couldve taken the business world by storm, instead, at that time, Amiga didnt give the business world any reasons to have an Amiga.

So, this is where Bill gates and his beloved pc platforms started making some business. And before you knew it, he was rich enough to practically give PC's and his windows os away to schools across the world.

And then, all other type of computing companies were fuked up the ass already, not even including Amiga demise within its own company.

But for you to support Microsoft,and actually enjoy doing so, means you are a nob. I dont really want to support microsoft, so Im trying to somehow find ways to Make Amiga big enough to be recognised as a formadibble option for people to buy
And here on an Amiga ciommunity, its already hard to get posiitive feedback, so imagine trying to win hearts over that arent even Amiga orientaed, yet alone know what it is.

And as you said in your last post,

Nothing personal mind you.

Cheers and have a great day! 8-)
AMIGA will rise!

« Reply #59 from previous page: January 26, 2007, 03:16:06 AM »
NO Fast MEM:

Its not a one man crusade, but anyway, the more people in a crusade, the more chances of a Victory, Surely everybody knows strategy?

Kind regards

Your main man 8-)

Cheers 8-)

P.S.Sounds like your more of a supporter also. Good to see.
AMIGA will rise!