Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: An Owner Again  (Read 2193 times)

Description:

Offline remotenemesisTopic starter

An Owner Again
« on: March 09, 2018, 05:03:26 AM »
Of all the hardware I've owned, my A1200 was always the one that got away, the machine I wished I never parted with.

I finally fixed that!

It's a UK PAL Amiga and it powers up fine on a step converter. There's a CF drive preinstalled and the hard disk light flickers a bunch on boot in a healthy looking way. I have an Indivision card ready to drop for a quick test at the weekend.

Then a recap and a retrobrite treatment The keys are a bit yellowed but case is still quite crisp although I might as well give that the treatment at the same time.

I'd forgotten about the blank keys next to the Z and #. The AMIGA text catches the light beautifully, such a simple but appealing design that elevates the case design.

The floppy eject doesn't seem to have much spring but that might be an easy fix.

I originally thought about putting a Vampire V4 card in there when they are available but now I may keep it relatively retro. Maybe add an accelerator card and PCMCIA networking to turn it into the Amiga it could have been.

I think I'm going to use it for some 68k assembly hacking... and probably play a few games and demos too.

I know there are many like it, but this one is mine.