Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Please Keep In Mind  (Read 6422 times)

Description:

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
Re: Please Keep In Mind
« Reply #29 from previous page: April 06, 2011, 07:03:53 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;628911
What was that about a Commodore Spectrum?!  :mad:

uh oh.. the flame wars have pre-started :)

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 07:05:39 AM »
Quote from: runequester;628910
Seriously?

If the goal of the site is to be a broader, generic retro computing thing, then that's fine. If that was to be a stated goal, maybe it'd help calm things down around here.

I was joking.

:)
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 07:20:44 AM »
Quote from: Transition;628915
I was joking.

:)

*shakes fists*

STOP TOYING WITH MY HEART

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2011, 07:22:10 AM »
Quote from: runequester;628918
*shakes fists*

STOP TOYING WITH MY HEART

What are you holding in your fist?!  :eek:
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2011, 07:43:13 AM »
I don't know what the problem is but starting to apply double standards at this point would be ..er.. pointless. C=USA is clearly relavant in the scope of this site. Why it should be treated any different from the other players?

I've had issues with C=USA in the past but that was mainly because they stole community artwork for commercial purposes.

If they can make a living from the nu-retro business I have no issue with that. I'd also be interested to read news and postings about those systems here. Just like I like reading about other similar developments, regardless of their origin.

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2011, 10:14:01 AM »
Well put
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2011, 10:32:41 AM »
Quote from: Pyromania;628671
Amiga.org is not a site to mass advertise for free your non Amiga related items. If your interested in advertising please contact us. Paid advertising for your products may be consider if it is relevant to our community and of interest to them. Our membership is important to us and we don't want them irritated by lots of Ads masking as posts that have no relation to why they come to this site.

There not much chance of CUSA paying for anything round here as their track record show... ie: stealing other folks artwork and removing the copyright holders name in order to promote their own stuff... :(

Also you can't tell me that Barry Altman didn't know about the inflammatory comments that his paid mouthpiece Leo Negro has been posting on all Amiga related forums for months now or what his allegedly unpaid lacky Randy Vice has been stirring up... :(

I just hope when Disney has finished their investigation into Barry Altman and CUSA that they will disassociate themselves from this cowboy outfit and take any appropriate legal action they may feel necessary over whatever deal they have made with him... :)

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2011, 10:42:42 AM »
Quote from: redrumloa;628841
Like it or not, Commdore USA is the parent company of the new Commodore Amiga. You giving Transition crap because you don't like the news doesn't help anything but give Transition heart burn.

No, some bloke who used to sell Chinese furniture imports thought getting approval to use the Amiga and C= logos (and sometimes without approval) on some crappy AIO Chinese PCs emerged. So far all he has produced is a nice C64 lookalike case with a low power (for $600) x86 motherboard that runs Windos/Linux + FREELY DOWNLOADABLE C64 emulator VICE. To make it worse the proposed 'Amiga' Linux x86 PCs are not even in remotely Amiga looking custom cases, just off the shelf arty farty bull I can get myself for £99 from ebay.

They are the parent company of nothing, please take your misleading comments about C=USA elsewhere (their forum) and stick to facts/know products when engaging in discussion.

If they release an A500/600/1000/1200/2000/3000/4000 replica with stelladaptor and (optionally) Amiga FD compatible controller and 10 Function keyed AMIGA KEYBOARD which is NOT running Linux or Windows or any other x86 OS + UAE but can run some RTG native Amiga applications at the very least like OS4/MOS/AROS then cool :)

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2011, 01:27:44 PM »
Quote from: Franko;628962
There not much chance of CUSA paying for anything round here as their track record show... ie: stealing other folks artwork and removing the copyright holders name in order to promote their own stuff... :(

That's is pretty funny coming from you who promoted illegal WB/kickstart images which damages the Amiga community.

Also you can't tell me that Barry Altman didn't know about the inflammatory comments that his paid mouthpiece Leo Negro has been posting on all Amiga related forums for months now or what his allegedly unpaid lacky Randy Vice has been stirring up... :(

Lacky?  I didn't know name calling was allowed  by AO's TOS.  If that is the case, I have some rather colorful names I would much prefer to call or reference you by.  

I just hope when Disney has finished their investigation into Barry Altman and CUSA that they will disassociate themselves from this cowboy outfit and take any appropriate legal action they may feel necessary over whatever deal they have made with him... :)

Did you finish stealing that video to make a slam on C=USA yet, like you said you were going to do?  I'll be more then pleased to reference Disney to it once you have it posted.  We can see how funny they think is, right?
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2011, 01:35:30 PM »
Quote from: Piru;628928
I don't know what the problem is but starting to apply double standards at this point would be ..er.. pointless. C=USA is clearly relavant in the scope of this site. Why it should be treated any different from the other players?

I've had issues with C=USA in the past but that was mainly because they stole community artwork for commercial purposes.

If they can make a living from the nu-retro business I have no issue with that. I'd also be interested to read news and postings about those systems here. Just like I like reading about other similar developments, regardless of their origin.
+1

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2011, 01:37:59 PM »
Quote from: Amiga_Nut;628964
To make it worse the proposed 'Amiga' Linux x86 PCs are not even in remotely Amiga looking custom cases, just off the shelf arty farty bull I can get myself for £99 from ebay.

That's pretty insulting to talk about Yoz's work.  Look at the bottom pics: http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_FutureModels.aspx  Yes, Yoz is working on designs with C=USA.

They are the parent company of nothing, please take your misleading comments about C=USA elsewhere (their forum) and stick to facts/know products when engaging in discussion.

If they release an A500/600/1000/1200/2000/3000/4000 replica with stelladaptor and (optionally) Amiga FD compatible controller and 10 Function keyed AMIGA KEYBOARD which is NOT running Linux or Windows or any other x86 OS + UAE but can run some RTG native Amiga applications at the very least like OS4/MOS/AROS then cool :)

What OS the Commodore Amiga series is running is the important part.  I would suggest you wait till we all hear what the OS is going to be and then judge it.  No, even I don't know what the final OS is going to be for it anymore.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline tone007

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 01:42:39 PM »
That's pretty insulting to talk about Yoz's work. Look at the bottom pics: http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_FutureModels.aspx Yes, Yoz is working on designs with C=USA.

I thought we already went over in another thread how ugly those cases were and how they were eliminated as a possibility.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2011, 01:45:41 PM »
Quote from: tone007;629010
I thought we already went over in another thread how ugly those cases were and how they were eliminated as a possibility.

You know I live within 30 mins of the company (Karma) that makes those proposed A1000/2000 cases on C= USAs website :)

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2011, 01:46:33 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629002
That's is pretty funny coming from you who promoted illegal WB/kickstart images which damages the Amiga community.

Lacky?  I didn't know name calling was allowed  by AO's TOS.  If that is the case, I have some rather colorful names I would much prefer to call or reference you by.  

Did you finish stealing that video to make a slam on C=USA yet, like you said you were going to do?  I'll be more then pleased to reference Disney to it once you have it posted.  We can see how funny they think is, right?

Hi Dammy...

Gawd... your slow aint ya, the video's been on you tube a few hours after you posted yours, going down a treat on FaceBook and the likes... :)

Disney aint bothered about mine cos I ain't using it to make money, their much more interested in Barry's use of other people artwork without permission and a lot of the things Leo has posted in the past as well as some of Barry's statements made here... :)

Lacky isn't name calling it's a simple term used to describe an allegedly unpaid mouthpiece and servant like your good self... :)

PS:Let me know what you think of the video, the general concencious so far is that it's more truthful than the original... :D

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2011, 01:49:42 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629007
What OS the Commodore Amiga series is running is the important part.  I would suggest you wait till we all hear what the OS is going to be and then judge it.  No, even I don't know what the final OS is going to be for it anymore.

You don't find that worrying?

Your brain doesn't tell you that you don't make a new OS out of thin air?

It is going to be an existing "off the shelf" OS so that means Windows, MacOS or Linux.  Considering Microsoft and Apple will not be amused with someone slapping some wallpaper onto their installs and calling it "CommodoreOS", that leaves Linux where the Linux community is going to be very amused to see an existing distro hyped as a "new one" due to added wallpaper, UAE and VICE.

I can only assume that the "delay" is because nobody involved with C-USA knows how to install Linux and when they do get it running then they're going to install it one hard drive at a time on Barry's coffee table.  :)
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline tone007

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2011, 01:54:17 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;629013
I can only assume that the "delay" is because nobody involved with C-USA knows how to install Linux and when they do get it running then they're going to install it one hard drive at a time on Barry's coffee table.  :)

This is funny.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever