Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion Entertainment Developer Blog  (Read 5956 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
Re: Hyperion Entertainment Developer Blog
« Reply #44 from previous page: December 23, 2010, 02:01:22 AM »
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:09:25 AM by persia »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2010, 02:05:57 AM »
Quote from: Fransexy_;600949
Have you all become insane or what?

I only see one insane person here. Just look at the one stirring the pot.

Offline Fairdinkem

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2010, 02:06:24 AM »
yeah good on ya mate

Offline Fairdinkem

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2010, 02:10:54 AM »
So name calling like troll/Insane even by moderators is perfectly acceptable but asking legitimate questions about whats going on in the community or discussing things to do with history is not? Or is this AROS exec not Amiga.org?

Offline Retro_71

• Show only replies by Retro_71
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2010, 02:24:57 AM »
ok i wasn't going to say anything that i cant resist... :D Agro never mentioned anyone's name BUT if you think you are the one stirring the pot who are we to argue..... I for one don't care about anyone camp since it all looks kind of childish to me, didn't know we had so many young members here.......... :D
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D

Offline Forcie

• Show only replies by Forcie
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2010, 05:47:52 AM »
Quote from: Fairdinkem;600617
It's like as if they badly want AmigaOS but not on PPC so they are just photocopying it so to speak onto x86..

For your information AROS runs on PPC (SAM400, Efika 5200), as well as on x86 and ARM platforms, and real 68k Amigas (and Natami/Minimig AGA in the future).

The entire idea is a open source rewrite of AmigaOS, and has been so for 16 years now. Your ranting about AROS being a "rip off" is like saying Linux is a rip off of AT&T UNIX, or that Haiku is a rip off of BeOS. Writing a free and open clone is NOT ripping anyone off, unless you are thinking like Microsoft who consider open source advocates quasi-criminal and probably communist, too.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:53:32 AM by Forcie »

Offline Argo

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2010, 07:16:09 AM »
Don't feed the Troll. Notice he is always saying the same thing. "It's a copy, It's a Copy, It's a Copy" No change in argument.

Offline Fairdinkem

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2010, 07:30:30 AM »
@Forcie
For your information AROS runs on PPC (SAM400, Efika 5200), as well as  on x86 and ARM platforms, and real 68k Amigas (and Natami/Minimig AGA in  the future).

I am well aware of the sam 440 port of AROS which was of recent updated and being maintained, but you have to be honest that AROS despite being a open source effort has always been focused on being an x86 venture to realise the dream of Amiga on x86:)

Your ranting about AROS being a "rip off"

Everyone perceives me as a TROLL or to be on a RANT rampage. Yet I thought forums were for intellectual discussion and sharing of opinions which can result in heated debate.

I have been singled out as the TROLL when I responded to TAKEMEHOMEGRANDMA reply #7 of this thread which I believe BAITED the thread with anti Hyperion sentiment.

I was merely trying to add balance to equation by showing MorphOS has potentially all the same reasons for not being ported to x86 architecture as Hyperion do with AmigaOS and that the constant badgering Hyperion endure whilst MorphOS developers fly under the radar is confusing to me.

I also pointed out that whilst Hyperion are bombarded with anti sentiment for not porting AmigaOS to x86 yet there is AROS which looks largely like AmigaOS.

I do believe a rewrite of someones intellectual property with out there consent to offer it up for free is a rip off even if you do offer up a defense of it's not a rip off its an open source clone. If I re write twilight and keep all the major and relevant plot lines and call it DUSK an inspired clone of twilight and offer it up for free its still a rip off but I guess I'm a communist.

I hope people can see I am merely trying to have a conversation not just troll a thread but my guess is I am forever labeled in this forum.

Offline Argo

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2010, 08:00:50 AM »
Thank you , Fairdinkem
Now Good Evening and Good Night!

This has gone far enough off topic.