Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigakit and their customer service...  (Read 42810 times)

Description:

Offline prolife

• Show only replies by prolife
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/nazareneartists?feature=mhee
Re: Amigakit and their customer service...
« Reply #134 from previous page: March 31, 2011, 01:20:08 AM »
i'm on the op's side here. i get stuff off ebay and people turn round, after i find it doesn't work, and say the listing didn't say it worked it's as described. you should have checked first! then i am expected to pay to return it.
sellers need to take note of these things and describe them fully rather than losing customers. i had an instance of buying drum software described as having "55 kits." after i bought it i found it had 4 kits the company was defining a "kit" as a drum... i already had all that as part as other software and i did ask before hand but they never bothered to email me back after 3 weeks so i bought the software... after a long fight i got my money back but they are in my bad books for life. in that case they changed the wording. the only defence they had is that every other company was just as unscrupulous in their descriptions.

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2011, 04:34:16 AM »
I dont know I placed on order for a floppy drive with amigakit  over 2 weeks ago and still have not received it. I needed it last week. They have this "US site" but the reality is There is NO USA aspect.. it all comes from UK. So us buyers dont be in a hurry, as you are looking at 3 weeks..
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2011, 04:47:51 AM »
I hate to be "that didn't happen to me", but all my orders have arrived in the US in a week or so. The one exception was an item I knew was out of stock.

Offline broken

• Show only replies by broken
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2011, 05:02:22 PM »
Quote from: magnetic;626180
I dont know I placed on order for a floppy drive with amigakit  over 2 weeks ago and still have not received it. I needed it last week. They have this "US site" but the reality is There is NO USA aspect.. it all comes from UK. So us buyers dont be in a hurry, as you are looking at 3 weeks..

Did you pay the small upgrade fee to go FedEx Express shipping? Its like $4.

Otherwise your item is coming via postal service and all that stuff has been getting delayed in US Customs for sometimes up to a couple weeks.

Not Amigakits fault at all.

If you had paid the FedEx $4 fee you would have had the drive in about 2 business days from it being shipped.

Offline Daedalus

• Show only replies by Daedalus
    • http://www.robthenerd.com
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2011, 05:15:04 PM »
In the case of eBay stuff, you have to be careful alright, but I don't see what's wrong with asking a direct question. If you get a direct answer, you know where you stand. If you don't, take your money elsewhere. It's not the bargain basement it used to be - things are cheap for a reason. If they don't say "fully tested and working," send them a mail asking "Does it work?"

For a store like AmigaKit it's usually much better, but still, they've always been quick to reply to any questions I send them regarding technical details of their products, and overall quite helpful in that respect.
Engineers do it with precision
--
http://www.robthenerd.com

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2011, 05:45:36 PM »
Quote from: broken;626300
Did you pay the small upgrade fee to go FedEx Express shipping? Its like $4.

Otherwise your item is coming via postal service and all that stuff has been getting delayed in US Customs for sometimes up to a couple weeks.

Not Amigakits fault at all.

If you had paid the FedEx $4 fee you would have had the drive in about 2 business days from it being shipped.

Good point. I bought a game on ebay recently. Took 1 day for the guy to ship, and once it cleared customs in the US it took 2 days to reach my house. Customs sat on it for 3 weeks.

Offline tribz

• Show only replies by tribz
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2011, 06:40:30 PM »
Placed an order for some bits yesterday, arrived today. Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 06:46:28 PM by tribz »

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2011, 08:03:36 PM »
Quote from: Daedalus;626302
In the case of eBay stuff, you have to be careful alright, but I don't see what's wrong with asking a direct question. If you get a direct answer, you know where you stand. If you don't, take your money elsewhere. It's not the bargain basement it used to be - things are cheap for a reason. If they don't say "fully tested and working," send them a mail asking "Does it work?"

For a store like AmigaKit it's usually much better, but still, they've always been quick to reply to any questions I send them regarding technical details of their products, and overall quite helpful in that respect.

Before I buy anything on eBay that's what I do, it pays to ask specific questions about the item condition, postage, packaging etc... :)

That way if anything goes wrong then you're virtualy guaranteed to get a full refund from ebay if the seller has provided you in an eBay message the condition of the item and it doesn't match when you receive it, even if it does say no returns or refunds in the listing... :)

On the postage side I've bought a lot of stuff from the USA recently and the longest anything has taken is 11 days, even had stuff from China arrive with 6 days... :)

Offline drewz21

• Show only replies by drewz21
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2011, 11:01:33 PM »
Just to chime in...I've purchased many things over the years from AmigaKit and they have always been top-notch!  I would not hesitate to buy anything from them!
Amiga - The fun computer!

Amiga 500 - 3MB, A590, 250MB HD, SupraTurbo28.
Amiga 1200HD - 32MB, 4GB CF-Card, GVP 68030-40Mhz.
Amiga 600HD

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2011, 12:13:19 AM »
Hi,

@everyone,

Wow!!!

At this point in time I don't think it is Amigakits fault that the drive didn't work, I think it is all these MFG's that design cases that are not in line with a regular case, in other words they have to specialize their case just because it is Amiga. They don't make their systems so you can put a regular drive. So if I was painkiller I would be writing to Infinity towers asking them why their case is so darned specialized. I built my tower with an old PC server case. Have 2 different drives in it, and didn't have to jump through hoops are curse at dealers about parts.

and

I guess I am a pervert, because dremels and skillsaws  give me a hart thumping experience.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline Retro_71

• Show only replies by Retro_71
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2011, 12:16:16 AM »
My NOS A1200 and CD32 + countless cards and pretty much ALL my upgrade came from Amikit (except the GVP 4060 and GVP ram) they have always been very fast and friendly BUT i would look more the customs since they always hold things up.
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D

Offline Retro_71

• Show only replies by Retro_71
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2011, 12:18:43 AM »
Quote from: smerf;626397
Hi,

@everyone,

I guess I am a pervert, because dremels and skillsaws  give me a hart thumping experience.

smerf

Count me a pervert too I love my Dremel would not know what to do without one!
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2011, 12:19:58 AM »
Quote from: motrucker;625353
To try to stay on topic - Amigakit is the best Amiga store we have. By any standard they are good, and their customer service is beyond reproach. They get my vote, and my business...

Hi,

I used to do all my business with Software Hut, but it seems like the last three orders I put in my email was returned.

Anybody know if they are still in business.

If so they should upgrade their site.

smerf

by the way, I have done business with both Amigakit and Red, both have fine and fast service.

but before you buy rtfa (read the frappin ad) and if you are not sure send them an email, they always answer.
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline yssing

• Show only replies by yssing
    • http://www.yssing.org
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2011, 12:20:47 AM »
I have never had any problems with them on the contrary. They have been very helpfull.

I also enjoy some of their product, works really well.

Offline stefcep2

• Show only replies by stefcep2
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2011, 12:42:13 AM »
Never had issues.

Offline Retrofan

• Show only replies by Retrofan
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2011, 01:41:46 AM »
It's 1:38 (-1GMT, the same than in UK), I've sent them a message through theirs support ticket and I've got an answer right now... Isn't that a good customer service?
A1200, Lateral 32GB CF, internal Dvd, ACA 1230/56 with an MKII Fast ATA at 9,5Mb/s, another A1200 BPPC project in progress (more or less), and posting from my own/better C64x in my Tv using Hdmi.