Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: iPad 2  (Read 26062 times)

Description:

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: iPad 2
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 10:54:08 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;619410
Overpriced piece of crap!

The iPad is the cheapest of the tablets... But if you want something like a netbook or a £300 laptop then it is over priced.

Time for my rant. Everytime i see someone using an Apple product i never look at them the same way again. I use an iphone/imac therefore i am an elitist. Just because someone uses Apple doesn't make them smarter than everyone else. That is all.

Have to say, but most people who buy macs do so because they don't care about the hardware/looking smart/etc... They just want something that works... That's why I bought a mac... I don't feel superior or smarter I just don't have to worry about my system doing something weird when I need to rely on it.

Also about the media player. The Apple won't let you use it because they don't own it :)

@bloodline. You are obviously an Apple fanboy. So does Master Steve Gobs own your abused sock or does he own yours? :roflmao:

:) yeah, I'm probably an Apple fanboy, not as much as I am an Amiga fanboy (the platform's been dead for 20 years and I'm still here!)... But really I just like the tight integration of hardware and software... For a few years I made my living using Macs running MacOSX with Apple's Logic Pro... (While selling my work via iTunes!) A complete apple solution which didn't give me any problems (unlike my previous Windows setup)...

I find myself coming to depend on my ability to write Apps for devices like the iPhone and the iPad to make ends meet... Apple make it really really easy for small developers like us to get our software to over 100 million users... So he'll yeah, I'm into that :)

Offline djnick

• Show only replies by djnick
    • http://www.djnick.rs
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 10:58:25 PM »
Quote from: persia;619381
The iPad two must be great, Apple had two self gradulatory videos in one announcement.  And no more one last thing!

Seriously, I'm in full tilt this time, 64Gb, wifi, GSM.  Comes out of my App store earnings...

This is awesome! I didn`t buy iPad1, waiting for V2. It has awesome cam, full HD and lots of amazing software. I am buying it the day 1st when it comes out on march the 11th :)

Offline Retro_71

• Show only replies by Retro_71
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »
Hate Ipad, Hate apple the last note worthy Apple was the Apple IIE from then on its a down hill slide into crap followed by more crap. Although i admit they are good in selling crap that over priced to all the sheep in this world.
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 11:01:32 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;619414

Have to say, but most people who buy macs do so because they don't care about the hardware/looking smart/etc... They just want something that works...

I am a university student and i see other students using Apple laptops and iphones and ipads and all i can think of is the word yuppie. Students are supposed to be poor but they can afford flashy Apple stuff? It's like seeing a student driving around in a new BMW. Yuppie!
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline murple

• Show only replies by murple
    • http://www.murple.net
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 11:03:14 PM »
Crapple is just about the total opposite of Commodore. Screw the MaxiPad 2 and all their other products.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 11:06:01 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;619414
I find myself coming to depend on my ability to write Apps for devices like the iPhone and the iPad to make ends meet... Apple make it really really easy for small developers like us to get our software to over 100 million users... So he'll yeah, I'm into that :)

Now this I find very odd...

Here's bloodline quite clearly telling us that he can make some money by writing progs at home for Apple stuff (and well done to him I say)... :)

Yet, on this very forum just a few months back there were lots of the usual suspects trying to tell me that in this day and age it was impossible for anyone to be a "bedroom programmer" these days and you needed lot's of cash, a team and a big software house behind you to do such a thing these days...

Bloodline has just proven that it can still be done, so what do all you naysayers say to that now... (you know who you are...) :p

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 11:08:32 PM »
I think bloodline was talking about making music and not programming?  :)

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 11:10:47 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;619399
Don't confuse your dislike of their content vendor practices, cloud your view of their very tightly designed hardware and software solution.

I'm not. I just don't understand what the iPad is for and I've never seen a compelling argument put forward by anybody as to what problem it solves other than the "I don't already have one" issue. Seeing as how the iPad already fixed that, I'm even more surprised as to what the second one is for.

I'm not opposed to tablet computing per se, but it's not a standalone machine. You can't replace your regular computer with it and it sure as hell isn't as portable as your phone.

That's harsh, we have plenty of evidence that Microsft were actually guilty of anticompetitive practices...

I've never suggested otherwise. However, apple were not above slamming Microsoft for wanting to own your hard-paid-for kit and whatever you decide to put on it, but have long since gone beyond the pale in doing it themselves. When they release "must have" phones that "change everything (again)" that can't even be fitted with an after market battery (other than by handing over your device to an apple service centre for a charge, like a good little acolyte), let alone any form of memory expansion etc you have to wonder.

If you don't like Apple, don't buy thir products, there are plenty of other solutions... I would suggest, less elegant solutions ;)

If by less elegant you mean less rigorously controlled by the vendor, I agree.

Since I'm not aware of any non vengeful Gods, I'm sure you can find one to pray to, who will make this happen for you :)

I'm not that mean. Whilst it wouldn't faze me, I recognise there are people that can't live without their fix of apple hardware and would be devastated by it.
int p; // A

Offline Franko

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 11:11:29 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;619404
Bingo! :) the iPad isn't for boring computer tasks, it's a consumer device... Execpt for people like Motorollin and me who like to program these devices and therefore get the benefit of both sides of the equation ;)

@ Kesa

Nope... he clearly said "program"... :)

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 11:14:07 PM »
bah Apple..HP Palm TouchPad all the way:D
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »
Quote from: Franko;619425
@ Kesa

Nope... he clearly said "program"... :)

Franko, Pro Logic is a music program. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_Pro

OK i can see we looked at different parts of his post so were are both right and wrong. But it still doesn't change anything. You are still a bum sniffer :hammer:

Offline Franko

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 11:26:25 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;619429
Franko, Pro Logic is a music program. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_Pro

OK i can see we looked at different parts of his post so were are both right and wrong. But it still doesn't change anything. You are still a bum sniffer :hammer:

Pro Logic is a Midi sequencer program ya numptie, it doesn't create a new stand alone program, what the frig do they tech you at uni these days... :lol:

PS: The only bum I can smell round here is the one your heads stuck up... ;)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 11:34:40 PM »
But Franko Bloodline is a professional dj. Djs don't actually make music they just use other peoples music and add sound effects and then sell it as a remix.

What do they teach us at uni these days? Well they each us how to spell for a start. Teach is spelt as 'teach' not 'tech' :roflmao:

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 11:35:22 PM »
Kesa, Franko! You are both right, I used to make music professionally, now I write software... But chance perhaps more than design, Apple products have been key components in these activities. Though I would say that I learned both these trades on the Amiga and still would be using one if I could pay the bill that ways!

@Franko, Apple do dumb stuff down and target the "normal" guy on the street wiu their products, I can't argue against that... But I have to give them credit that I can as a bedroom coder make enough money to make ends meet because their IPhone/iPad app store... And I would encourage and assist anyone here to do the same!

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 11:37:18 PM »
Quote from: Franko;619430

PS: The only bum I can smell round here is the one your heads stuck up... ;)

That doesn't make sense. If my head was stuck up a bum somewhere how could i make this post? :confused:

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 03, 2011, 11:41:25 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;619431
But Franko Bloodline is a professional dj. Djs don't actually make music they just use other peoples music and add sound effects and then sell it as a remix.

Actually I was the synth guy in a vaguely successful Electro-rock band... I've never been asked to DJ as my taste in music is rather avant garde... :)

I've done a fair bit of production work for other bands but no remixes to date...

What do they teach us at uni these days? Well they each us how to spell for a start. Teach is spelt as 'teach' not 'tech' :roflmao:

I studied Chemistry at uni... That was 10 years ago and I would have mocked anyone who used a mac... To be fair Mac's didn't use OSX in those days ;)