Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: iPad 2  (Read 26138 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Re: iPad 2
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2011, 12:08:57 AM »
Sorry Bloodline my adblockerplus is blocking it out. What is the name of your band? Simple text will do fine. Cheers :)

p.s. The singer in Def Fx looks like Cammy :)
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2011, 12:11:23 AM »
Actually I just misused the YouTube tag, it's fixed now, scroll to the post and see... But you can search "tan hauser gate" to find our stuff :)

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2011, 12:13:32 AM »
@ Kesa

If your ruddy signature gets any longer it's gonna need it's own website... ;)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2011, 12:19:27 AM »
Quote from: Franko;619458
@ Kesa

If your ruddy signature gets any longer it's gonna need it's own website... ;)

Really? i was thinking maybe it was a wee bit short? That's it i'm making it bigger!

Offline Daedalus

• Show only replies by Daedalus
    • http://www.robthenerd.com
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2011, 12:23:10 AM »
Quote from: dentunes;619444

Tell me what computer will fit on a music stand of a music keyboard and store every piece of sheet music / chord charts / lyrics / set lists a muso may have and not look stupid. OnSong + iPad becomes the perfect songbook for live stage use.

It's a good point, and there's an opening there for something like that. However you won't see too many professional musicians using them for displaying their scores - the shiny screen makes the risk of glare too great. Now, an iPad-alike and sized device with an e-ink screen would be the business...

/me runs out to patent that idea.

Interestingly, on a recent holiday in Portugal I was impressed in one restaurant to have the winelist handed to me on an iPad. Fantastic idea! just swipe through them to browse, or sort by region, grape, price etc., read about the winery and other details you don't get from the traditional paper ones...
Engineers do it with precision
--
http://www.robthenerd.com

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2011, 12:25:12 AM »
@Bloodline i'm impressed. Can't believe you never had a hit. Were you in the video? Maybe the person in your avatar? I intend to listen more in the near future. Plus added your band on facebook. Cheers.

Offline dentunes

• Show only replies by dentunes
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2011, 12:25:49 AM »
Quote from: Daedalus;619462
It's a good point, and there's an opening there for something like that. However you won't see too many professional musicians using them for displaying their scores - the shiny screen makes the risk of glare too great. Now, an iPad-alike and sized device with an e-ink screen would be the business...

/me runs out to patent that idea.

Interestingly, on a recent holiday in Portugal I was impressed in one restaurant to have the winelist handed to me on an iPad. Fantastic idea! just swipe through them to browse, or sort by region, grape, price etc., read about the winery and other details you don't get from the traditional paper ones...
I disagree with your comment about glare. 99% of the time the issue is not glare, the issue is playing in a club where there is almost no lighting whatsoever. The fact the iPad is backlight is actually a GOOD thing. I can also see the buttons on the keyboard to help change sounds, etc.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:27:41 AM by dentunes »
Amiga, Amiga, Where for art thou Amiga?

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2011, 12:36:10 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;619464
@Bloodline i'm impressed. Can't believe you never had a hit. Were you in the video? Maybe the person in your avatar? I intend to listen more in the near future. Plus added your band on facebook. Cheers.

Yup that's the real bloodline in his avatar, didn't you spot him in the video, the hairs a dead giveaway... :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2011, 12:36:51 AM »
I think XDelusion's signature speaks for itself here.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Daedalus

• Show only replies by Daedalus
    • http://www.robthenerd.com
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2011, 12:40:28 AM »
Quote from: dentunes;619465
I disagree with your comment about glare. 99% of the time the issue is not glare, the issue is playing in a club where there is almost no lighting whatsoever. The fact the iPad is backlight is actually a GOOD thing. I can also see the buttons on the keyboard to help change sounds, etc.

Fair enough, different musicians and situations :) I'm talking from the perspective of some classical pianists I know who can't even have their music in plastic covers because of glare. They'll usually be playing on a stage with spotlights focussed on them. The girlfriend says the same, although she's an opera singer and so more often than not she wouldn't have the score in front of her, but when she does it's off with the plastic covers again and no hope of using a shiny screen.
Engineers do it with precision
--
http://www.robthenerd.com

Offline dentunes

• Show only replies by dentunes
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2011, 12:42:58 AM »
Quote from: Daedalus;619473
Fair enough, different musicians and situations :) I'm talking from the perspective of some classical pianists I know who can't even have their music in plastic covers because of glare. They'll usually be playing on a stage with spotlights focussed on them. The girlfriend says the same, although she's an opera singer and so more often than not she wouldn't have the score in front of her, but when she does it's off with the plastic covers again and no hope of using a shiny screen.
Horses for courses, of course :)

The settings available allow for rather high contrast and I am yet to run into problem though there may be times when that isn't the case. It is definitely taking off as a music device, though.
Amiga, Amiga, Where for art thou Amiga?

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2011, 12:52:07 AM »
Quote from: Franko;619470
Yup that's the real bloodline in his avatar, didn't you spot him in the video, the hairs a dead giveaway... :)

Yep i admit i have been wondering for quite a while about his avatar. Action avatars are the best kind not fake ones like Karlos uses. All i have to do is figure out how to take a photo of myself screaming through a tube on my surfboard and i'm laughing :cool:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2011, 01:37:46 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;619394
What a load of rubbish. It's married with telling people what they want and need and then marketing it very successfully. I'd have far more respect for the company if they just said it like it is. They have long since surpassed Microsoft's darkest ambitions for completely controlling what their users do (and can do) with their products.

As it stands, if apple were smote from the face of the Earth tomorrow by a vengeful God, I'd not shed a single tear :lol:

+27

The only part of thios post I cant agree on is in regards to shedding a tear. I'd shed many such would be my delight.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2011, 01:46:57 AM »
I'll wait to see what the Android manufacturers pull off.

Offline stefcep2

• Show only replies by stefcep2
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2011, 01:47:57 AM »
Quote from: bloodline;619434
Actually I was the synth guy in a vaguely successful Electro-rock band... I've never been asked to DJ as my taste in music is rather avant garde... :)

I couldn't get enough of that electro-synth stuff at the time..

Offline nicholas

« Reply #59 from previous page: March 04, 2011, 02:47:51 AM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;619494
I'll wait to see what the Android manufacturers pull off.

Prevert! ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini