Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Keeping the time correct with daylight saving  (Read 1552 times)

Description:

Offline AndyFCTopic starter

Keeping the time correct with daylight saving
« on: April 23, 2019, 08:53:52 PM »
I use AmiTimeKeeper to sync my battery backed clock with an NTP server but NTP doesn't recognise the clocks changing.

I have tried setDST which works when first run, but when AmiTimeKeeper next runs it sets the clock back to the non DST.

Is there a way to keep the clock in Sync AND adjust it to DST?

Thanks.
A1200 in DIY Tower. 3.2 ROMs (softkicking 3.2.2), OS 3.2.2 with ClassicWB, CF card, CD RW and IDE to SD adapter running off the internal IDE port (using the A4000 4-port IDE adapter from Amigakit), Pistorm 32 lite with Pi4/2GB/Emu68 or Blizzard 1230-IV, with 32MB 60ns RAM and 50MHz 68882 FPU. 3COM PCMCIA Network card running with Miami DX.
MorphOS on PowerMac G5 and ATI 9600 pro

Offline Darin

• Show only replies by Darin
Re: Keeping the time correct with daylight saving
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 09:32:08 PM »
I have the same issue here.  The problem is that AmiTimeKeeper uses your locale timezone setting and doesn't recognize DST.  The workaround I use is to change my timezone so that I get the correct time.

Offline chris

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 11:13:38 PM »
I use AmiTimeKeeper to sync my battery backed clock with an NTP server but NTP doesn't recognise the clocks changing.

I have tried setDST which works when first run, but when AmiTimeKeeper next runs it sets the clock back to the non DST.

Is there a way to keep the clock in Sync AND adjust it to DST?

Thanks.

Try FACTS. I wrote it many years ago to solve exactly this problem.
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

The following users thanked this post: Tygre, AndyFC

Offline AndyFCTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 10:48:08 PM »
Thank you for FACTS. I installed it tonight and it works perfectly.

I'm really impressed by the features.
A1200 in DIY Tower. 3.2 ROMs (softkicking 3.2.2), OS 3.2.2 with ClassicWB, CF card, CD RW and IDE to SD adapter running off the internal IDE port (using the A4000 4-port IDE adapter from Amigakit), Pistorm 32 lite with Pi4/2GB/Emu68 or Blizzard 1230-IV, with 32MB 60ns RAM and 50MHz 68882 FPU. 3COM PCMCIA Network card running with Miami DX.
MorphOS on PowerMac G5 and ATI 9600 pro