Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aaaarghhh! Am I a Pirate?  (Read 920 times)

Description:

guest3217

Aaaarghhh! Am I a Pirate?
« on: January 05, 2007, 11:57:55 PM »
Aaargh matee!

So in my ongoing web surfing, I came up with a link to (Bleep bleep / edited by Wizardo) and found, what looks like, a treasure bounty of old time favorites....

(I couldn't resist PhotonPaint... :lol: ....my first graphics program on my old A500....)

I have often read posts on Amiga.org chastising the terrible notion of piracy...and its ultimate impact on the demise of Amiga, Inc....so on and so forth....
So, is this a site "Non-Grata"? Is it one of those dens of iniquity every good Amiga boy and girl should stay clear of? :roll:
Ciao,
Wiz

P.S.  Still can't find a downloadable version of Vista Pro 3.0 to replace what seems to be my corrupt adf....

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
Re: Aaaarghhh! Am I a Pirate?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 12:09:31 AM »
@Wizardo

This subject was a cut and dried no-no, until recently when Wayne loosened things up a bit. Now it is more of a grey area. Discussion can be permitted to a point, just don't link directly to warez.

Amiga.org has a fine line to walk or will be shut down.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

guest3217

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 12:16:23 AM »
Amiga.org has a fine line to walk or will be shut down

Understood...I had a feeling it might be touchy.
Thanks for the heads-up Redrumloa....:rtfm:
I plead ignorance under the statues of "Beginnerhood"...oops...I'm now a "hobbyist"!!.....I plead the 5th under hobbyist!

;-)
Wizardo

Offline hamtronix

• Show only replies by hamtronix
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 12:24:49 AM »
Yes, not talking about things freely really helped my life... Cant say as hiding anything that might be considered 'bad' has ever been a problem... warez dont kill, people do.
CD TV / Remote / Trackball Remote / Keyboard / CDTV 1411 External Drive / C= 1405 256K RAM / Smell the fear!