Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A1000 Power Supply issue...  (Read 273 times)

Description:

Offline yorgleTopic starter

• Show only replies by yorgle
    • http://umlautllama.com
A1000 Power Supply issue...
« on: December 22, 2014, 05:16:03 AM »
Last year, I repaired my A1000's original power supply by replacing all of the electrolytic caps in it.  It was running great for a very long time. It was powered off for most of this year, but I've just started trying to use that machine again, but I ran into a problem...

I can power the machine on and use it fine.  Warm boots are no problem.  After a few minutes of use, if I power cycle it, it won't turn on at all.  The fan spins, but that's 110v.  Power light is off, machine is dead.

I did probe the board a little and found that some power was making its way through, but not to the power output connector.  No sign of anything burnt out, all components look fine.

If i wait overnight and try again, then it works without changing anything. (same peripherals attached, etc.)

Do any of you have a suggestion? I'd rather repair this than just drop in a new switcher and figure out the tick circuit...

Offline commatari

• Show only replies by commatari
Re: A1000 Power Supply issue...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 04:59:32 PM »
That's odd. I wonder if the switch itself is not making contact on all poles. Have you had any luck recently?