Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: download aninet  (Read 2869 times)

Description:

Offline blobrana

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
Re: download aninet
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2005, 07:32:47 PM »
@diamond
Yeah, the first bit you do is right...

But dont use winrar!
(dont open the .lha file up with XP!)

You have to boot up af6 then extract the files from the amiga OS.
Your af6 perhaps has OS3.1 -  in which case, my mistake for saying to double click on file.
You can use an unarchiver from Aminet, like ArcExtract1_6.lha...
(er, once you`ve extracted it)

Offline diamondTopic starter

• Show only replies by diamond
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2005, 12:35:12 AM »
@Crow .....ty and now where do i download the lha....and NOT having any manuals ...I don't remember how to use the shell correctly ...(see the problem) .... I haven't did a Amiga since 1995 . And my memory has been 'damaged'
 so in layman terms and with each step ... how do i get the lha to the right place?

ty
diamond

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2005, 02:04:27 AM »
Once you have AmigaOS booted find LhA.run using Workbench.  (You may have to select Show->All Files from the window menu in Workbench.)  When you find it double-click it and its name should appear in the Execute file box.  Click OK and it should start to unpack itself.  When it has unpacked you should see the icons of the LhA executable and one or more Amigaguide files (each having the .guide extension) and a .readme file from the Workbench window.  Open a window for the device or hardfile you boot from.  Once you see that you can drag the file LhA to the utilities drawer.  At this point LhA should be in the path so you can access it with the shell anytime you need it.  To use it open a shell by selecting "Execute a Command" from the leftmost menu in Workbench.  Type in "newcli" and a shell window will pop up.  To use the shell type the full path of the directory where you stored the .lha file you want to unpack and press enter.  Type "dir #?.lha" and you should be able to see the file that you want to unpack.  To unpack it to the ram disk you type "lha x myfile.lha ram:" where x stands for extract.  If you need to view the .lha file before you unpack it type "lha v myfile.lha" where v stands for view.  Once the file is unpacked to the ram disk you can close the shell window and run the installer script from Workbench from the directory in the ram disk.  When it has finished copying the files to where you want them you can safely delete the directory on the ram disk.

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2005, 02:21:37 AM »
@ blobrana ....come again?
 i'll try .. ty

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2005, 10:09:48 AM »
@shiva
I recall there was someone on here a while back asking 'how to download the interweb' or something...
I like Amigas

Offline shIva

• Show only replies by shIva
    • http://preshi.blogspot.com
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2005, 03:01:28 PM »
@Cyberus

no problem, there might be a copy on my tapes of the interweb, too :-)
shIva
the answer is [color=CC3300]42[/color] Support  Distributed Amiga - moo ;)

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2005, 07:19:42 PM »
@Sumurai:
 Hi and thats quite a answer ... but when im in af6 ..i just have a screen with the ram , work. and system is it ...at the bottom there are some Icons... there's a lha-> to ram   there?... and sometimes when i get WB96 into the config. ...I also have a few more icons ...just below the middle of the screen ...., not all the time , because im having a problem saving them ...how do i save WB96 ??
I understand how the Llha works , just can't locate it ... it there a way with Opus? Someone managed to send me a Opus #4 which is where I last used Opus ...yrs back ... so i maybe able to accomplish this ...with a little 'hand-holding'...as it were.

diamond

Offline lurkist

• Show only replies by lurkist
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2005, 08:05:02 PM »
DOPUS4 response -

From Opus menus, choose PREFERENCES.
Click FILETYPES.
The first one should say "LHA achive". If so, get out of PREFERENCES and just double click on your LHA.  Opus should do the rest.  If there is no LHA archive in FILETYPES, continue -
Go back into PREFERENCES and choose FILETYPES.
With the right mouse button, choose CLASSES / NEW.
In FILE CLASS type "LHA archive" (without the quotes). Press return.
In CLASS ID type "LHA" (no quotes).  Press return.
Now click NEW ENTRY, and MATCH should appear.  With the magnifying glass icon change it to MATCH NAME - FILENAME.
In the box type "*.lha" (no quotes).  Press OK.
With the right mouse button, celect CLASSES / SAVE.
Click NEW and find the LHA class you made.
Now on the EVENTS... press ACTION CLICK-M-CLICK and an asterisk should appear.
Press NEW ENTRY.  Change the COMMAND scrollbar to AmigaDOS.
Click the magnifying glass and find Lha on your hard drive (most likely in C:).  Press the {} button and choose {f} FIRST SELECTED ENTRY WITH PATH.
In FLAGS choose CD DESTINATION, DO ALL FILES, OUTPUT WINDOW AND RESCAN DESTINATION.
Click OK.
Click OK.
Click SAVE.
Click OK.

Now, make sure you have RAM: in one column and your LHA in the other.  Drag your LHA into the RAM column.  It should unpack your archive into RAM.  You can check it here and copy it to your HD.

Of course you can choose to drag it straight to the destination you want it, but i've always found it best to check LHAs, ZIPS, etc before allowing them on my HD.

Cheers!
A1200 Power Tower, Blizzard 1260 66 +32MB, OS3.9, 2.5\\" HD, IDEfix97 + DVD-RW + Zip, SD/FF + 15\\" CRT, Ioblix1200P + scanner, PCMCIA LAN + router

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2005, 07:50:50 PM »
@ lurkist:

ty for a indepth and understandable reply..... but alas ... first ,I downloaded Winuae and it asked me to load Roms from my DF0??? I guess thats not the right one for me ....
Anyrate I have reloaded W96 and when I went to open OPUS 4 ..it came up  OPUS 1...? hmmmmm   ......so the prefs worked ...but I coundn't find Filetypes...and thats where I'm at...I'll try and download W96 again ... BTW the Winuae, was vers. 9.92....
Also is it possible when I loaded Winuea, that I corrupted my AF #6 files... I say that because ..AF 6 doesn't want to let me download WB_96 from a public website? it downlda as WB_96 rar. and then i can't find it ?? it says its in Emulation but when I open that file , its not there??
In fact I reloaded af6CD ... but it will not form up into its normal file like C:/Cloanto/emulation/etc....? it hides under Programs ...and I have to manually open the files...

Diamond

Offline Dr_Righteous

• Show only replies by Dr_Righteous
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2005, 09:35:35 PM »

whabang wrote:
I downloaded Aminet a while back. I deleted it again, because I needed the disc space.

Is that anything like reaching the end of the information superhighway? ...seeing the sign that says "You've now seen everything, please turn around and go back."
- Doc

A4000D, A3640 OC-36.3MHz, custom tower, Mediator A4000D. Diamond Banshee 16M, Indivision AGA 4000, GVP HC+8.

Mac Mini 1.5GHz, that might run MorphOS someday, when the fools who own it come to the realization that 30 minutes just isn\'t enough time to play with it enough to decide whether or not you like it enough to cough up $200.

- Someone please design SOME kind of DIY accelerator for the A4000. :D -

Offline blobrana

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2005, 11:10:27 PM »
@diamond

You have the Roms already.
they came with AF6.
They are a file in your Af6 drawer. Just browse with Winuae settings to find the path and highlight the .ROM file .

Remember AF6 is really just, Winuae + OS + rom file.

P96 Harddisk file is just the OS, that you need with Winuae.

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2005, 04:32:16 AM »
@ blobrana:
 ty for that ... its helps to understand just what it is your messing with ...

I have a new problem.... and when I download ClassWB_96 ...or the EAB. "project 'Classic WB' neither one of them shows up in ANY of my af6 files ...so i cannot place them in Winuae confrigurations?
each file ...in the     C: Programs/Cloanto / emulations, etc. has no file      WB_96rar. or WB_ADVSP rar. or without rar. on either file... they are being "Saved as" ... and then they disappear or not in the AF6 files??

diamond :-o

Offline blobrana

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2005, 06:45:29 PM »
Hum,
i don`t understand.

ClassWB_96 is a (virtual) hard drive that contains the amiga operating system.

You have to load up the .HDF file from the winuae configuration (as you know).

Hope that helps.

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2005, 12:58:43 AM »
@blobrana :
 it keeps coming up with a RAR. file??

diamond

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2005, 10:13:36 AM »

Dr_Righteous wrote:

whabang wrote:
I downloaded Aminet a while back. I deleted it again, because I needed the disc space.

Is that anything like reaching the end of the information superhighway? ...seeing the sign that says "You've now seen everything, please turn around and go back."

Indeed it is. :lol:
Turn off the Internet
Beating the dead horse since 2002.

Offline blobrana

« Reply #29 from previous page: March 30, 2005, 06:43:08 PM »
@diamond

hum,
 you mean a .RAR file?

If so then you need to extract that, with the PC (try winrar),
 and save the .HDF file into your winuae folder.