Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!11!1  (Read 1339 times)

Description:

Offline uncharted

• Show only replies by uncharted
Re: Wiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!11!1
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 19, 2007, 04:49:44 PM »
Yep, I got one for Xmas.  My wife and family conspired together and managed to get me on launch day.

It is a lot of fun, which is something that I had found been lacking from the video game market for some time.  I'd almost given up on games altogether.  The only problem is lack of software still, something that is not being helped by by Nintendo of Europe (Still no date for Super Paper Mario  :madashell: )

Zelda is a pretty classy game, but no necessarily for everyone.

Red Steel is an odd one.  If it came out on PS2, XBox or whatever it would just plain suck.  It's very evident that the game was rushed to launch (buggy AI, lack of polish).  However for some reason, it's still loads of fun pretty much because of the controls and the immersion.  Some people (particularly Americans for some reason - there is a huge difference in average scores for the game in the US and in Europe) found the bounding box control method for turning strange and too slow, whereas personally after a bit of practice it became quit natural.

Sonic - A lot of people liked it, I found it rather dull.  Although I hate this version far less than any of the previous 3D Sonic games.

SSX Blur - I haven't played this much, and I haven't played a snowboarding game since Cool Boarders on the PS1 so I'm not the best judge.  Direction controls work really nicely, but I suck at doing tricks which seem quite hard.  The presentation on the game is really nice.

Excite Truck - Big dumb arcade-y racer.  About as far from GT as you can get.  I love big dumb arcade games so I find this a ton of fun.  Tilt left and right to steer and there is a button for accelerate and one for turbo boost and that is it.  Hit the special bonuses to make the track deform.

Godfather - For me this is (after Wii sports)  THE Wii game.  This video gives you an idea, but I don't think it does it justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K0TahMr2RA

I have to say, I've never really been into GTA type games, I find them really dull, but this one is really great fun.

Offline McVenco

• Show only replies by McVenco
    • http://www.amigascene.nl
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 05:25:05 PM »

uncharted wrote:

Godfather - For me this is (after Wii sports)  THE Wii game.  This video gives you an idea, but I don't think it does it justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K0TahMr2RA

Wow. Now I really want one...

See if I can sell some more (non Amiga) stuff on Ebay so I can make some resources to buy one :-)
| A4000 | CS-MK3 060@50 | Picasso IV |
| Member of Team Amiga (tm) | FidoNet 2:286/414.18 (long ago) |
| SysOp The Missing Channel BBS | Member of AGA BBS Intl. |

Offline amiga_3k

• Show only replies by amiga_3k
    • http://www.elf8.nl
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 05:52:32 PM »
Wii got one, well, my kids do. Love it. Brilliant device! No longer are the kids sitting couch-potatoes on a rainy day, playing the Gamecube.

The only downside of the machine is it's dutch availability. Wii reserved last april. Then my wife calls late may and she was told they (the shop) were just filling January's reservations! Auch.... Strangely enough, rumours had it that there were plenty in Germany. So, a quick look at amazon made us get a Wii within a week, and that's including a bank-holiday inbetween. And it cost me as much as it would have when buying down the street.

Bowling is big fun... although the neighbour didn't agree as wii were cheering a bit to loud. Guess shii is just jealous ;-)
Get a SAM, while you can! The new AMIGA is here!