Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deluxe Galaga ECS (FIXED)  (Read 2055 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: Deluxe Galaga ECS
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 17, 2016, 06:27:11 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;803668
I wouldn't mind having that one.
Probably one of the all time best arcade games.

I have been playing the NES version on an emulator.

Its one of the few NES titles that actually looks fairly close to the original.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2628/

;)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline tonyvdbTopic starter

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 04:07:56 PM »
SUCCESS!

Found out after running SnoopDos it was doing something very strange.

The Deluxe Galaga game is looking for the libs in the drawers that they come in so I had to move the "libs" drawer and the "compression" drawer into the sys libs location. You cant just place the 4 library files into the sys libs drawer as you would normally do.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 04:12:57 PM by tonyvdb »
Amiga 2000HD Indivision ECS
Amiga 4000D towerised OS 3.1 and 3.9 on CF cards
Indivision AGA, Mediator 4000
Video Toaster 4000 Flyer v4.3 Millenium.
202gig of video drive space & 5gig audio.

Offline Brian

• Show only replies by Brian
    • http://www.syntaxsociety.se
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 06:29:38 PM »
Quote from: tonyvdb;804163
SUCCESS!

The Deluxe Galaga game is looking for the libs in the drawers that they come in so I had to move the "libs" drawer and the "compression" drawer into the sys libs location. You cant just place the 4 library files into the sys libs drawer as you would normally do.

That is actually normal behaviour. The Amiga will check for a requested resource in ROM, then the assigned drive for a particular resource (for instance LIBS: for libraries) and finaly in the PROGDIR: (the folder to program reqesting the resource is started from).

You're either missing or have the wrong version library in LIBS: so AmigaOS continues to look for it in PROGDIR:

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 06:46:19 PM »
Not quite sure we are on the same page here, I had to move the actual drawers into the sys/libs drawer. its not looking for them in the games directory.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2016, 06:56:38 PM »
Quote from: tonyvdb;804173
Not quite sure we are on the same page here, I had to move the actual drawers into the sys/libs drawer. its not looking for them in the games directory.

Sounds like it's looking for them in Libs:Libs/#?.  Stupid programming bug.  LOL.  ;)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2016, 07:34:43 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;804174
Sounds like it's looking for them in Libs:Libs/#?.  Stupid programming bug.  LOL.  ;)

Yup, that is correct

Offline Brian

• Show only replies by Brian
    • http://www.syntaxsociety.se
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2016, 09:50:55 PM »
Quote from: tonyvdb;804163
SUCCESS!

Pritty sure I know what went wrong and it's an easy misstake to make. First off under no scenario does the game look for libraries in LIBS:libs/ I checked with both ECS and OCS and after SnoopDOS said it didn't look there I purposly removed my libraries anyway and put them as described in LIBS:libs/ and was precented with the "packers missing message".

I was then able to recreate the the "File missing in game directory" by copying over powerpacker.library and xpkmaster.library byt leaving out xpkMASH.library and xpkSQSG.library.

After reading your post I belive you first copied powerpacker.library, xpkmaster.library, xpkMASH.library and xpkSQSG.library to LIBS: as "normal libraries". BUT xpkMASH.library and xpkSQSG.library are NOT normal libraries but compressorlibraries for the xpkmaster.library and as such they need to be placed in LIBS:compressors/. After first attempt failed I bet you didn't delete these libraries before you next copied over the libs and compressor directories to LIBS:, resulting in it working because you copied 2 libraries to the right location at first and the 2 compressorlibraries to their right location the second time.

Now to clean up all you need to do is delete the LIBS:libs/ directory and the LIBS:xpkMASH.library and LIBS:xpkSQSG.library files.