Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What games are you playing?  (Read 5047 times)

Description:

Offline lassieTopic starter

• Show only replies by lassie
Re: What games are you playing?
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 26, 2012, 02:20:22 PM »
Quote from: barney;716418
Thats an easy one.....I would be playing "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Graphic Adventure".  Best game ever made.  Another one I would play would be Datastorm.

Yes that is a very good game :)
Amiga 4000 030 18 MB ram. 16 Gb HD.
Amiga 1200 030 34 MB ram. 8 Gb HD.
Amiga 1200 Tower Apollo 1240
Amiga 2000 030. 9 MB ram. 1 Gb HD.
Amiga 2000 68000 5 MB ram. 500 MB HD.
Amiga 2000 68000 9 MB ram. 1 Gb HD.
Amiga 600 4 MB ram. 4 GB HD.
Amiga 600 1 MB ram. 60 MB HD.
Amiga 500 1 MB ram.
Amiga 500 Plus
Amiga CD32
Amiga CD32
Commodore 64
Commodore 64C
Commodore 128
Commodore 128D

Offline Saeid

• Worst member ever!
    • Show only replies by Saeid
    • http://www.electronicspub.com
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 03:09:59 PM »
My newly purchased A1200T is on the way. Hope it works fine. I also scored original packages of Last Ninja 3 and Flashback on ebay (Hope the disks are working too...badsectors are my nightmare...)

Beside that I play StarCraft II on PC in a competitive manner! Also I play the newly released PlanetSide 2 man loads of people there...

Used to play battlefield 3 too but I got bored at it.:angel:
My electronics & programming website:
http://www.eetutorials.com
:flame::madashell: :destroy:

Offline Andeda

• Show only replies by Andeda
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 03:30:55 PM »
I do all my Amiga retro gaming on my minimig these days. This month i have been playing paperboy, arkanoid, ik+ and defender of the crown :)
Amiga: A computer for the creative mind.

Sam440ep 667Mhz + OS4.1
Minimig (Home made)
A1200/030
A2000/030
A500 * 3
CD32

Offline motrucker

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 07:19:15 PM »
Right now I am playing BioShock 2 more than anything.
On the Amiga, I just landed a copy of Wizball. I used to play the C-64 version, but the Amiga version is pretty good too. This game is enough to drive you looney on any computer....
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 08:53:48 PM »
I've been too busy making games to play them. ;P

Although, I'm waiting for the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition to release their Mod tools.....
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 10:39:37 PM »
Just finished up Black Mesa and am replaying through the original Half-Life.

Offline lassieTopic starter

• Show only replies by lassie
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2012, 11:17:09 PM »
Quote from: Saeid;716867
My newly purchased A1200T is on the way. Hope it works fine. I also scored original packages of Last Ninja 3 and Flashback on ebay (Hope the disks are working too...badsectors are my nightmare...)

Beside that I play StarCraft II on PC in a competitive manner! Also I play the newly released PlanetSide 2 man loads of people there...

Used to play battlefield 3 too but I got bored at it.:angel:

That is cool games, yes i am more worried about the diskettes not working, than the Amiga 1200. Very nice it is a tower :)
Amiga 4000 030 18 MB ram. 16 Gb HD.
Amiga 1200 030 34 MB ram. 8 Gb HD.
Amiga 1200 Tower Apollo 1240
Amiga 2000 030. 9 MB ram. 1 Gb HD.
Amiga 2000 68000 5 MB ram. 500 MB HD.
Amiga 2000 68000 9 MB ram. 1 Gb HD.
Amiga 600 4 MB ram. 4 GB HD.
Amiga 600 1 MB ram. 60 MB HD.
Amiga 500 1 MB ram.
Amiga 500 Plus
Amiga CD32
Amiga CD32
Commodore 64
Commodore 64C
Commodore 128
Commodore 128D

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 11:34:38 PM »
Its an unfortunate part of retro gaming that you will find the magnetic media eventually gives up the ghost. So many disks have become lost due to general use. Even with the most stringent of precautions disketts do eventually die.

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 11:44:32 PM »
Quote from: CritAnime;716388
bethesda's PS3 support has always been crap. I remember Fallout 3 having a glitch that would insta crash it near the brotherhood of steel's main compound. By simply walking in a cartain direction it would crash the game. this was fixed on the xbox version within a week. The PS3 version it had taken them nearly 3 whole weeks. Sucks.
Do you think it is because the System is "older" that it crash when there is to much saved?

My PS3 is a really old 40GB one, and I played through Fallout 3 from beginning to the end at least 3 times (1 good, 1 evil and 1 neutral, earning all those trophies for different levels), and I also bought the "game of the year" edition with all the add-on contents, which I also played through, and while there indeed was a few sporadic crashes during all that time of game play, I wouldn't call it "crap" in any way. Well, except that add-on (don't remember its name) where you took a river boat to that costal town/swamp area. That one crashed badly. OK, the first Fallout 3 version I had (an early version) didn't even get through the classroom part in the intro mission, but a DL fix remedied that problem!

:)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2012, 11:48:53 PM »
Quote from: som99;716410
PS3 runs most games in  1280x720

IMHO this is mostly true for the games that is also released for Xbox (which is 720p only). There has been many great games in full 1080p, Metal Gear Solid is a good example IMHO!

Offline CritAnime

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2012, 11:52:11 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;716999
My PS3 is a really old 40GB one, and I played through Fallout 3 from beginning to the end at least 3 times (1 good, 1 evil and 1 neutral, earning all those trophies for different levels), and I also bought the "game of the year" edition with all the add-on contents, which I also played through, and while there indeed was a few sporadic crashes during all that time of game play, I wouldn't call it "crap" in any way. Well, except that add-on (don't remember its name) where you took a river boat to that costal town/swamp area. That one crashed badly. OK, the first Fallout 3 version I had (an early version) didn't even get through the classroom part in the intro mission, but a DL fix remedied that problem!

That was my point. the first version of Fallout 3, I had the lunch tin special edition, was full of insta crashing bugs. The classroom been a prime example along with the brotherhood of steel main compound. So much so I gave it up and got the xbox version because they were patching that version quicker. However when the game of the year edition came out I got it for the playstation and it was all pretty much fixed. Excpet for Point Lookout, the mod you recall takemehomegrandma, which was glitchy. But even the xbox version was glitchy. :destroy:

for some reason it just seems to take them longer to fix things on the PS3 than it does the xbox in general. In fact why does it seem to be the norm to release very buggy games anyway.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:55:50 PM by CritAnime »

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2012, 11:55:37 PM »
Quote from: CritAnime;716996
Its an unfortunate part of retro gaming that you will find the magnetic media eventually gives up the ghost. So many disks have become lost due to general use. Even with the most stringent of precautions disketts do eventually die.

True. :(

And even if you back up the disks or DL new images from the many online libraries, it can be a problem to acquire new physical floppies. 3.5" is walking in the footsteps of 5 1/4" in this regard. Can't remember when I last bought a new floppy. It's a dead medium.

But there are some solutions from companies like induvidual computer (thinking of their C64 products with memory cards etc).

And then there are emulators of course.

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2012, 12:15:10 AM »
Quote from: CritAnime;717001
So much so I gave it up and got the xbox version because they were patching that version quicker.

I think there is a lot of "politics" (or "business"/"sponsorship" if you like) involved. There are several cases where Xbox "mysteriously" got a lot higher priority at some game publishers.

GTA 4 is a prime example; when this much anticipated new version of the once *PS only* series of games was first announced, it was suddenly rumored that it wouldn't be released for PS3 at all, but in reality it *was* released, but with a few months delay.

Why, you ask?

Because of a $50,000,000 MS deal?

Not realistic, some might say. Well, look at the Commercial Success it had, setting at least two new world records in this regard (the best single day sales, and the best 7 days sales).

The tactical/strategic benefit MS/Xbox got from this single (and rather cheap) $50 million deal is probably enormous.

Offline CritAnime

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2012, 12:35:02 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;717002
True. :(

And even if you back up the disks or DL new images from the many online libraries, it can be a problem to acquire new physical floppies. 3.5" is walking in the footsteps of 5 1/4" in this regard. Can't remember when I last bought a new floppy. It's a dead medium.

But there are some solutions from companies like induvidual computer (thinking of their C64 products with memory cards etc).

And then there are emulators of course.

I agree. Floppies slowly dying out. You can still buy them but I decided it wasn't worth the hassle any more. thats why I bought the HxC and did away with a physical drive. Same with the HDD it was just easier to work with a CF HDD then mess around with a clunky physical drive. To be honest the last few games I bought were defective and I ended up getting more use out of the manual than the disk.

it's not just magnetic mediums that are dying out. As reliable as cartridges are they too are dying out. All it takes is for some moisture to get in, for corded contacts or even a electrical fault in the system (My snes popped it's pico fuse ruining a copy of Desert strike) and the cart is gone. CD's and DVD's can only need one scratch and they are dead too.

Thats why I thankful for preservation projects that work to maintain healthy images of stuff.

Quote from: takemehomegrandma;717003
I think there is a lot of "politics" (or "business"/"sponsorship" if you like) involved. There are several cases where Xbox "mysteriously" got a lot higher priority at some game publishers.

GTA 4 is a prime example; when this much anticipated new version of the once *PS only* series of games was first announced, it was suddenly rumored that it wouldn't be released for PS3 at all, but in reality it *was* released, but with a few months delay.

Why, you ask?

Because of a $50,000,000 MS deal?

Not realistic, some might say. Well, look at the Commercial Success it had, setting at least two new world records in this regard (the best single day sales, and the best 7 days sales).

The tactical/strategic benefit MS/Xbox got from this single (and rather cheap) $50 million deal is probably enormous.

I agree. There is obviously a lot of politics going on with these things. I read Games TM and the amount of stuff that you read is shocking about what goes on in the games industry. in the end it's the consumer that gets stiffed.

On a lighter note I have been enjoying Perihelion. I found a guide that contained all the glyph codes for the spells in the game. I have also been enjoying a much smoother gameplay experience with Frontier Elite II with the 1200. So much space and so little time to pirate.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:39:21 AM by CritAnime »

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2012, 04:52:08 AM »
Quote from: _ThEcRoW;716419
@som99
Aare you using only one save, or several files?.*Also, do you have the system upgraded?. In fallout nv for example, upgrades solved the majority of problems, and i never had again the problem of freezes with beteshda games.
In fact, i have a save on nv and skyrim full of discoveries and objects and it plays perfectly.

One major save for every game and a few neutral/evil saves but they are small.
The system is updated and all games are running latest patch.
It won't be as noticeable if your save file is not big enough, collect lots of items in skyrim in your house, same in fallout 3 & NV collect loads of items in your house, in fallout 3 and NV I have all unique items in lockers also big amounts of material used for making weapons etc plus a collection of other rare items like the 2 Giant teddybears and tiny teddybears, tiny/giant gnomes etc placed nicely in my house.

Same goes for all Bethesda games, large collections of items and the entire world explored and you won't be able to play right on PS3.
The system will hang/freeze fast and the frame rate will be really low.

Do a few google searches and you will see this still affects updated games/systems for PS3 users, this is major problems and they have not been fixed.

So no more PS3 for me.

Offline Epsilon_

• Crazy about Amigas
    • Show only replies by Epsilon_
    • http://amigax1000.blogspot.com.au
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2012, 09:02:08 AM »
Games I am playing at the moment:

Amiga: Aquaria, Ami-Ingenious, Tap Jewels, GEMZ (AmigaOS4)

PC: Trackmania 2: Canyon, F1 2012 (Windows 7)

Wii U: Just bought it last night. Still updating and migrating Mii profiles today but plan to play Super Mario U and NintendoLand when done!!

Catcha,
Epsilon

Please check out my various blogs:
Amiga:  AmigaX1000.blogspot.com.au
Trains: InterestingTrains.blogspot.com.au

Instagram: Epsilon's Instagram
[/SIZE]