Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows 10 - seem like an improvement  (Read 1260 times)

Description:

Offline IggyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Iggy
Windows 10 - seem like an improvement
« on: August 14, 2015, 12:44:13 PM »
Not the Amiga.org is an ideal site to discuss this, but I want your feedback.
With much trepidation, I upgraded my Win7 system to Win10.
Honestly, this was done with serious reservations as I really don't care for the Win8/8.1 user interface.

And...I must admit, at least on my initially impression, its a big improvement over Win8.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline zipper

Re: Windows 10 - seem like an improvement
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 03:13:36 PM »
Depends...  Win7 compared to Win8 and Win10 both with Classic Shell and own settings are pretty similar to me. Uggh, hate tiles.

Offline IggyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 07:08:33 PM »
Quote from: zipper;793918
Depends...  Win7 compared to Win8 and Win10 both with Classic Shell and own settings are pretty similar to me. Uggh, hate tiles.

That would be my primary reason for preferring 10 over 8, I don't immediately get dumped into the tiles.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Einstein

• Show only replies by Einstein
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 09:58:05 AM »
I have Win7 on an old PC, and am wondering if I should upgrade or not. Iggy and readers, write more about your experiences with 10.

Btw, one super annoying thing about Win7, for me at least, is when I'm downloading something, and use the search field of the file (destination) dialog window. When I start typing then the system freezes for a moment as disk activity starts, and within the interval from the start of disk access, and end of that access, if as much as a single (extra) key has been pressed, the field string will be corrupted (many characters lost) resulting in unintended query, so I have to delete it and retype. Really stupid bug and I cannot believe it exists and haven't been fixed. Anyone else experiencing this with 7 ? Is there such a bug in 8 and especially 10 ?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:01:31 AM by Einstein »
I have spoken !