Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quantum Atlas scsi drives {LED Question}  (Read 809 times)

Description:

Offline MikeBTopic starter

• Show only replies by MikeB
Quantum Atlas scsi drives {LED Question}
« on: March 10, 2003, 11:45:47 PM »
Does anyone know how to connect the LED connector on the Amiga A4000T (speaker light) to the Quantum Atlas drive?  as it wont fit!
Or is there a special cable i can buy?

Says in Quantum manual

"On the Option connector, connect the cathode side of the remote busy LED to pin 8, BUSY LED. Connect the anode side of the LED to PIN 11. +5v.

Busy and fault status of the drive can be monitored remotely by connecting a REMOTE (external) BUSY and/or remote FAULT Display LEDS to the appropiate pins on the 12-pin option connector or the 28pin secondary connector."

Offline MikeBTopic starter

• Show only replies by MikeB
Re: Quantum Atlas scsi drives {LED Question}
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2003, 06:14:20 PM »
can anyone help??

Offline Billsey

• Show only replies by Billsey
    • http://billsey.christian.net
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2003, 06:26:03 PM »
Hi, Erol.

I am using a Quantum Fireball on my Amiga and have never been able to find an adaptor to fit any LED to the drive access pins. They're just too tiny.

I have found a sort of solution, though. EMail me at billsey@earthlink.net and I'll see if I can send over the slightly modified DriveLight utility that I use on my workbench. It's not a perfect solution, but you can at least tell whether the device driver in question is being accessed.

The usage is simple. You can monitor up to four different devices (such as your RAD and your SCSI chain) by naming the appropriate device driver in the commandline. The one I have ready is modified so that it won't totally block the title bar text on the Workbench but will appear about halfway down the title bar.
\\"The chief tormentor of the damned will be the conscience and it will not be misinformed, and it will not be silenced.\\"     John MacArthur
Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone
\\"I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the

Offline Billsey

• Show only replies by Billsey
    • http://billsey.christian.net
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2003, 06:52:52 PM »
Utility sent. I have kept your email in case there is a problem. Let me know.
\\"The chief tormentor of the damned will be the conscience and it will not be misinformed, and it will not be silenced.\\"     John MacArthur
Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone
\\"I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the

Offline zipper

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2003, 08:38:52 PM »
Don't know about Quantum, but the original bulky A4000 plugs didn't fit too well to my IBM drives; so a sharp knife and some Blu-Tack did cure it so far - at least 2 - 3 years.