Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: forum strangeness...  (Read 1231 times)

Description:

Offline koaftderTopic starter

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
forum strangeness...
« on: April 27, 2005, 03:14:07 PM »
I posted a new section or two in the forums, and twice it just up and disappeared. Whats going on? Am i doing something incorrectly?

Offline alx

Re: forum strangeness...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 03:15:41 PM »
It may have appeared that you were condoning piracy, which is against the terms of use.  You said that you were "letting the community know" about the file, and commented that people could google for it.  Perhaps you were just highlighting this as a problem, but it seemed like you were encouraging people to download OS4.  Remember that piracy was one of the factors that helped kill the Amiga before...

Not that it'd run on anything other than an A1, of course 8-)

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 03:24:27 PM »

alx wrote:
It may have appeared that you were condoning piracy, which is against the terms of use.  You said that you were "letting the community know" about the file, and commented that people could google for it.  Perhaps you were just highlighting this as a problem, but it seemed like you were encouraging people to download OS4.  Remember that piracy was one of the factors that helped kill the Amiga before...

Not that it'd run on anything other than an A1, of course 8-)

I see. Yea, i just posted about it, because i thought it was interesting. The last thing i would expect to see on a bt site is a torrent of aos4. out of curiosity, i played around with google and found out that it was pretty easy to get.

warez people are strange ones, they seem to just collect stuff just for the sake of having it, as if software were like trading cards or something.

I really didnt think much of the post, sorry about it. It's kind of frustrating that the OS isnt yet released, and few are using it seems like. Worse, looks like they might just can it. It would be nice if eventually the user base gets large enough to gain critical mass.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 04:03:19 PM »
Koaftder,

This has already been explained multiple times.  Discussion or promotion of piracy is not allowed.  This is clearly defined in the Posting Guidelines.  You have already been warned, and if you continue, you will leave us with absolutely no choice but to ban your account.

Wayne Hunt
Amiga.org

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 04:28:46 PM »

Wayne wrote:
Koaftder,

This has already been explained multiple times.  Discussion or promotion of piracy is not allowed.  This is clearly defined in the Posting Guidelines.  You have already been warned, and if you continue, you will leave us with absolutely no choice but to ban your account.

Wayne Hunt
Amiga.org

ummm, whats your deal? Why this hostility? I got your nasty gram. I didnt mean to cause a stir. I appologised for my post when i realized what i did. I'll appologise again. I'm sorry. I will be carefull and considerate on what i post in the future.

Perhaps you compiled your day with a --grumpy option. I highly recommend compiling ones day with a --happy option.  :-D

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 04:38:03 PM »
> Why this hostility?

Three deleted threads with continual reposts, two warnings, and you wonder why I'm "hostile"?  

:-)

Well, I'm not actually hostile, I just got the direct impression that -- despite it being explained multiple times -- you weren't listening.  Therefore deleting yet another duplicate post advocating piracy would be pointless, hence I needed to make my point in a way that apparently you did understand.

Had we asked only once, or deleted only one thread, there would not have been any "hostility" whatsoever, but you've been around long enough to know that advocacy of software piracy is a big no-no.  

Your posts, while you may have been simply trying to point it out (redundantly), were on the line of "hey, looky here, if you want OS4, just grab it". It's all a bit silly anyway with Amiga Inc pretty much being a dead horse and all but we do have guidelines for a reason.

Wayne

(Seriously, no offense intended.  I simply felt as though the explanations and warnings earlier were being ignored)