Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ... and you guys were worried...  (Read 3844 times)

Description:

Offline WayneTopic starter

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
... and you guys were worried...
« on: September 03, 2013, 06:32:16 PM »
Can you believe how long it's been since I "sold out"?  I have no idea, I can't remember, but it feels like what, almost 4 years?  Well, matter of fact, it was 8/21/2009 when I posted my intent to sell and walk away...

I remember all the horror and the furor over the idea, and how everyone was screaming that the world was going to end and that I had "no right to do this to them"...  (hahaha).

Now, 4 years later, I can't tell whether to be happy or saddened to see that everything here is completely different (not!)..  

Bill has gone walkabout, Karlos is here about as much as I am.  Literally nothing has changed and the about the best thing that might be said is that autopilot still seems to be in good working order....

I ought to break in and replace the theme just to confuse the hell out of everyone... :)

This was a drive-by babbling.  Enjoy.

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: ... and you guys were worried...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 06:41:50 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;746927
I ought to break in and replace the theme just to confuse the hell out of everyone... :)

Change the Amiga.org logo to "Atari.org" or something.  See how many people scream bloody murder.  ;)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

• Winning!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 06:45:42 PM »
Wow...

Re-reading this thread after four years is both nostalgic AND a great lesson in perspective.  Re-reading it, I see how burnt out I really was at the time, how uber-defensive I used to be and how I tended to read the worst into everything anyone said.

Apologies all around, but go ahead, read it, I dare ya...

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline Boot_WB

• Show only replies by Boot_WB
    • http://www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 06:46:32 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;746927

This was a drive-by babbling.  Enjoy.

Wayne

Dude!

Good to see you're still around, hope all is well with you & yours.
Mac Mini G4 (1.5GHz, 64MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.6
Powerbook 5.8 (15", 1.67GHz, 128MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.8.

Windows-free since 2011-2014 (Damn you Netflix!)

• Winning!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 06:46:59 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;746929
Change the Amiga.org logo to "Atari.org" or something.  See how many people scream bloody murder.  ;)

Or something more subtle like alter the subtitle to "serving the Lesbian Community since 2013..."  :)

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

• Winning!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 06:49:39 PM »
.. and to think (said with love and nostalgia), 2014 will mark the 20th anniversary of the Amiga Community waiting around for the "second coming"...  :)
//* Signature Free *//

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 08:44:51 PM »
Glad to see you're alive and well Wayne.  Amiga is like crack, once you've tried it you just keep coming back.  Now you've officially fallen off the wagon and walked out of rehab.  :D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 08:55:24 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;746933
.. and to think (said with love and nostalgia), 2014 will mark the 20th anniversary of the Amiga Community waiting around for the "second coming"...  :)

Reminds me of the old ad for a furniture store in New York that was "going out of business" for like 20+ years; they would have annual "last chance, going out of business" sales!
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline nicholas

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 09:04:26 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;746944
Glad to see you're alive and well Wayne.  Amiga is like crack, once you've tried it you just keep coming back.  Now you've officially fallen off the wagon and walked out of rehab.  :D

It leaves you with less money than a crack habit too! :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 09:07:07 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;746933

I waited the same length of time for the Stone Roses to reform and got my wish last year. Best gig I've ever been to.

Don't think I'll be as lucky with the Amiga somehow. ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 09:10:26 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;746946
It leaves you with less money than a crack habit too! :)

Are you refering to my X1000?  :D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 09:13:46 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;746948
Are you refering to my X1000?  :D

Now that thing is comparable to being addicted to crack, heroin, meth and speed with a penchant for a tad too much Johnny Walker on ones cornflakes. ;)

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 09:16:02 PM »
@Wayne

Actually I think it's changed, for a lot worse. Some of us are not here as much as we used to be, or don't care as much. Life goes on, I still pop up once in a while, never did it that much but was checking posts and news much more frequently. Piru left and some old memebers have practically vanished. The programming part is practically dead which was pretty cool before even if there were not that many posts, the ones that existed were great insightful and informed. Many posted topics reached a point where plenty stuff is just a repetition of what has already been posted in the past.

I think I'm gonna leave all this and get into motorbikes ;)
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 09:27:05 PM »
Quote from: Jose;746950
Actually I think it's changed, for a lot worse. Some of us are not here as much as we used to be, or don't care as much. Life goes on, I still pop up once in a while, never did it that much but was checking posts and news much more frequently. Piru left and some old memebers have practically vanished. The programming part is practically dead which was pretty cool before even if there were not that many posts, the ones that existed were great insightful and informed. Many posted topics reached a point where plenty stuff is just a repetition of what has already been posted in the past.
And let's not forget the admin-provoked trolling for CUSA, the shilling for crappy overpriced headphones, etc. etc...
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline Honkybear

• Show only replies by Honkybear
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 09:56:31 PM »
To funny yeap that would really upset the apple cart.
A600 ,ECS, ACA620EC ,A604
Mini MAC 1.42Ghz Morphos 3.3