Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How to Clone OS X HD to new SSD?!  (Read 1347 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
How to Clone OS X HD to new SSD?!
« on: June 03, 2016, 09:07:21 PM »
My hardware based drive cloner does the trick, but when I try to boot up my Mac, I hear BBBBEEEEEPPPPPP! Which is annoying. Obviously it does not boot.

Using Carbon Copy works, again until I put the drive in and try to boot, which lands me on a white screen and then eventually a ? in a Folder.

Holding ALT after the boot beep leads me to a white screen with a cursor.

Booting off the original Hard Drive and directly into Disk Utils to do a restore lands me with an error 254 I believe it was.

Is it me, or is Mac just crap?
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: How to Clone OS X HD to new SSD?!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 11:48:55 PM »
I tried Carbon Copy again, then rebooted holding Alt and was able to boot off the drive via USB.

I then put it in the computer, booted up to BEEP BEEP BEEP - silence - BEEP BEEP BEEP.

So I took the batter back out, knocked it around a bit, turned it back on, and now it works.

Ohhhh K.

So needless to say I'm keeping the original hard drive in safe storage, this does not seem dependable. Apple blows.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs