Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help with WinUAE!!  (Read 1468 times)

Description:

Offline pentriteTopic starter

• Show only replies by pentrite
Help with WinUAE!!
« on: April 20, 2003, 12:17:55 AM »
I installed WinUAE 0822R5 in my Athlon XP 1700 with
WinME and 256 Mb and it runs OK, I only have one problem (big one), I can,t get any input int it, not keyboard, not mouse, not joystick, only thing that works is Alt+Tab... Hope someone can help. Thanks
When I make a wish, I wish that everyone else\\\'s wishes don\\\'t come true!

Offline Stom

• Show only replies by Stom
    • http://ww.amiga-mediator.co.uk
Re: Help with WinUAE!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2003, 12:22:07 AM »

pentrite wrote:
I installed WinUAE 0822R5 in my Athlon XP 1700 with
WinME and 256 Mb and it runs OK, I only have one problem (big one), I can,t get any input int it, not keyboard, not mouse, not joystick, only thing that works is Alt+Tab... Hope someone can help. Thanks

How do you mean it runs ok? Do you get the insert floppy disk image coming up onscreen when you start the emulation? Can you boot into for example workbench?

(I have pretty much the same spec machine as you by the sounds of it and have WinUAE running at 1600x1200 lovely  :-D )

Cheerio,
Sam Thomas
Unofficial Amiga Mediator support site
www.stom.org.uk - Personal (unfinished) homepage.
#Stomshouse on Arcnet

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2003, 12:28:04 AM »
I can see the floppy image coming up, but when I press End+F1 nothing happens, If before launching the emulation, in the config GUI i put an adf in the floppy it runs OK but then I can't have any input, nothing works not even F12. I suspect this has something to do with DirectX...

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2003, 06:55:10 AM »
I doubt DirectX is the problem.  Try searching for the program "DxDiag.exe" in your Windows folder and run it.  That program will tell you if DirectX is broken on your system.

Try reducing your JIT cache to zero.  On my system, JIT does some really nasty stuff which screws up system timers and the clock and renders WorkBench unusable.  I'm still trying to figure it out.  Maybe it's a graphics sync problem.

On the "Display" tab, try re-detecting your 16-bit graphics format.  WinUAE is really fussy about this.  But then, WinUAE is pretty buggy, in general, and lots of things will break the GUI (F12 key).

On the "I/O Ports" tab, make sure "Shared" is disabled.  You should at least be able to use the keyboard!  If not, I have no clue.   :-?

Offline Acill

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2003, 10:26:12 AM »
Thats a weird problem. I've never seen it. I'd say to make sure you have the configurations all set to default and try again. Another option it to install Amiga in a box. It sets up everything and gives you a nice looking WB to use as well.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2003, 05:26:16 PM »
It seems WinUAE doesn't like my gamepad an USB Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power, I unpluged it and now it works fine, but th gamepad worked with previous versions of WinUAE, am downloadind 0822R6 now to see if it works, thanks to all.