Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ATI R96PRO/XT maybe you guys will know if this card works on morphos?  (Read 4604 times)

Description:

Offline duffstaTopic starter

• Show only replies by duffsta
Hi guys i've had a powermac 2ghz g5 sitting here for awhile need to find a ATI card for my system since it came with a nivida card.
Cos the cards on ebay are so $$$
i found 2 locally in my country..
ATI R96PRO/XT
REV 1.3A
256MB
does anyone know if this pc card can be flashed to mac and work on morphos cos i can't tell guessing its a 9600 but what does the PRO/XT mean should it be one or the other? do you guys think it would be easy to flash?

the other card is a Apple ATI 9650 AGP video card
but it wont need flashing since its apple already
which one should i go for??
info on the r96pro/xt would be great!
=) thanks!!!

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Buy the Apple card.
Most flashed cards will work under MorphOS, but many PC 9600 cards don't work well when flashed for Mac compatibility under OSX or MorphOS.
The 9650 is slightly slower than a 9600 Pro or 9600XT, but its a cool running card that certainly performs better than an R200.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Lurch

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Lurch
This is what you need:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=877437

Works great, when flashing though make a backup of the current firmware first so you can put it back later or if you have an issue with the flash.
-=[LurcH]=-
A500 Plus Black 030@40MHz 128MB | A1200T 060@80MHz 320MB | Pegasos II G4@1GHz 1GB  | Amiga Future Sub