Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Piv Flicker Fixer Scan Rate  (Read 1111 times)

Description:

Re: Piv Flicker Fixer Scan Rate
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 14, 2006, 01:06:00 AM »
Still can't figure how to get pics uploaded. Am I really that stupid? Anyhow, I have now found some limitations to the Piv flicker fixer. I went all the way up to 90khz (and very nice it looked too) but you do loose the early startup screen. It seems to be ok up to around 63-64khz then I loose it. Oddly, games booted from floppy work fine tho. Ideas anyone or have I found the hardware limit?

Regards, Bubble.

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 12:35:39 PM »
Found out today that the Early Startup Menu comes back again if I increase the Khz further. Seems to be a black hole at around 63khz. Not sure if it my monitor or the Piv, but when I "went for broke" and set the flicker fixer to 85khz the early boot screen returned, and I have to say that Hires and Hires+Laced look sooooooo solid and cool that I nearly had to rush to the bathroom (Did I really just say that? LOL)  :-o

Still cant figure how to post pics to the forum tho. Am I really that stupid?  :-D

Bubble

Offline MrZammler

• Show only replies by MrZammler
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 01:19:32 PM »
I was messing with my PIV the other day.

Noticed the same, that at some point the early ss menu was gone, but pal modes would appear fine at the same time.

However, I did notice that when the horizontal freq was not the default or 2x the default, scrolling in games tends to be a bit jumpy at some occasions. Getting it back to 50Hz made it smooth again.
Anyway is the only way