Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: VBA Tutorials for Excel  (Read 955 times)

Description:

Offline AccyDTopic starter

• Show only replies by AccyD
VBA Tutorials for Excel
« on: March 26, 2005, 08:46:28 PM »
I just wondered if anyone knew of any good online tutorials for VBA for Excel (preferably free but cheap would be fine) that I can use to sort of kickstart my learning of the language. I've bought a book but it has rapidly become too elementary.

Any help would be greatly appreicated !!!

I know that most of you guys are going to slate me for wanting to use the "programming" language built into Excel but please dont - we all have different needs from a language and this one fits mine perfectly !!

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: VBA Tutorials for Excel
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 10:57:36 PM »
VBA is a simple dialect of BASIC, just play with it for a few hours in the eveing, you'll soon pick it up... and don't forget that you can always use the in built help feature :-)

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
Re: VBA Tutorials for Excel
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 06:27:53 AM »
Like bloodline said, the Visual Basic language by itself is just another BASIC, but I gather you're more interested in the "for Applications" part of the abbreviation. The Microsoft Office and, more specifically, Microsoft Excel object models are well documented, and most sections of the documentation include sample code.

The "Microsoft Office Developer Center" should have all the information you need: <http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/>. If you find yourself wanting more, I recommend reading up on .NET (if you're working with Office 2003) or COM (for all other versions).

Trev