Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vampire 600: FPGA A600 Accelerator Preorder  (Read 8432 times)

Description:

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
Vampire 600: FPGA A600 Accelerator Preorder
« on: August 10, 2013, 03:32:21 PM »
News from Djole

http://www.majsta.com/

Ok now is the time to investigate how many people are interested in Vampire 600 so I can determine how much boards to produce. If you are interested send me Mail.

Price: 90Euros + shipping

What you get:
CPU: FPGA emulated MC68000 or MC68010 or partially emulated MC68020(your choice)
Performance: More than 6Mips
Memory: 64MB of FastRam (Zorro III space)
Autoconfig: 32MB( for now)
PCMCIA friendly: Yes

You will be informed that your order is placed by mail and listing your name in the picture attached to this topic. Sending accelerator boards will take place hopefully next month and according to the mentioned list. When your board is ready you will receive Paypal invoice to your mailbox. If you don't want to be listed just say in the mail. About guarantee don't worry I don't intend to leave I'm here to made significant influence on Amiga scene, remember :) Other components like OSD, loading Kickstart from MicroSD card and PS2 mouse support will be provided later with core upgrades so I suggest everyone to buy USB blaster programmer because I don't intend to stop at 6Mips :) Board will not have PS2 and MicroSD sockets because they are unusable inside case so we will find a way later to bring them out with another small PCB. I forget to say that all of those who had some contribution in this project will have another price or no price at all...

UPDATE: August 8, 2013
Now board is 32MB autoconfig. But, haters gotta hate. It is just interesting to me what I read on various forums. There are so much people who would like to see all of this fall down, and never see real success. Why? Just so they can say "I told you that all of this will be failure". I don't know the reason for all of this but those days I realized one thing. That Amiga is not destroyed just because company died. Amiga is destroyed by developers and resellers wanted to earn huge money from Amiga name. Like vultures various people are sending me bunch of mails wanting to increase price of the boards and to resell them. Proposal prices about 200Euros :) Let me say this. If I ever seen that someone sells this card for some incredible high price I will stop him by putting tons of boards for sale at manufacturing cost. No more exploiting Amiga scene from now!!! Here is what I said one of the supporters of this project yesterday. Yes I received lot of mails for some proposals. Resellers, manufacturers all of them wanna make money and increase price and benefit from this. I will fool them all open-sourcing everything. I will survive alone and do everything alone and my work will be free and I will send lot of boards for free to people and PCB also. I m waiting just for another money transfer from my government. I'm in a mission remember. With true Amiga spirit.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 03:34:23 PM by SysAdmin »
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
Re: Vampire 600: FPGA A600 Accelerator Preorder
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 04:51:15 PM »
Awesome. I hope I didnt miss out. I sent a mail through the website. Hope you are watching Majsta the Wizard! The new Amiga Hero!
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline Mrs Beanbag

• Show only replies by Mrs Beanbag
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 06:00:23 PM »
If there are any plans to make an A1200 version I would put money down for that.
Signature intentionally left blank

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 08:27:37 PM »
I am on the list waiting for one, great to finally get something to put inside my old A600 besides SRAM cards :)

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 10:47:28 PM »
I just registered on your page and send you an e-mail stating that I would MOST CERTAINLY order one!
 If I ever get my 600 back from Jersey, I'll have a great alternative for an OctaMed machine. My 1200 is too big to sit amongst all my clutter anyhow! ;)

Thanks, keep up the great work.

Small donation made also.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Erol

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 11:16:18 PM »
Quote from: SysAdmin;744250
That Amiga is not destroyed just because company died. Amiga is destroyed by developers and resellers wanted to earn huge money from Amiga name. Like vultures various people are sending me bunch of mails wanting to increase price of the boards and to resell them.

I congratulate you on your hard work and I am surprised there is so many people trying to make a profit at your expense (idea/creation),  that's awful.

I really hope you make lots of accelerator cards,  not just for A600 but for all Amiga's.
This will show resellers and the community that if you get it right you will be rewarded by the universe.  Karma is a good thing.  :)

Don't forget to patent/copyright your design..

Offline Madshib

• Show only replies by Madshib
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 12:34:57 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;744281
If I ever get my 600 back from Jersey,.

If I may, why is your A600 in Jersey? Are you having work done to it?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 12:51:57 AM »
Now board is 32MB autoconfig. But, haters gotta hate.

almost nowhere read anything negative.. whats up..

Offline magnetic

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 03:33:25 AM »
wawrzon
I'm sure he's not making it up. Do you read alot of foreign language forums?
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Offline trekiej

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 05:36:26 AM »
It is great to see FPGA make its way into Amiga's.
I would be cool to see them in a big box Amiga.
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline Djole

• Show only replies by Djole
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 09:32:03 AM »
Quote from: wawrzon;744293
almost nowhere read anything negative.. whats up..

Majsta got a lot of negative feedback when he started the project and also as he progressed but he still made it on his own.

I must say that this is just the beginning, expect a lot more from him. ;)
A1200 030
A1200 stock
A600 Vampire v2

VOLIM TE REPUBLIKO SRPSKA!
[/B][/COLOR]

Offline magnetic

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 10:18:54 AM »
Djole

Would you please mention to him to check for my email  please? I registered an account on hiis site as well. .Left a comment too. Just want to make sure my email to registger pre order interest was received.
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Offline majsta

• Show only replies by majsta
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 10:31:38 AM »
Hi :)
For example newest rumors on German forums is that design of accelerator is not mine. Also there are rumors that I don't use SDRAM on the board that I somehow fake everything. I don't know but when I waste my time reading what people are saying about this it is interesting to me that they still don't see that all of this is simple if you think outside of the box. If you try to connect your knowledge with this new approach you may end up talking technical stuff that make no sense anymore. Only few people in the world has the opportunity to see the board. Few days ago I went to Djole's office and talked about this project. He has seen Vampire 500 accelerator. One board left to UK to AMR and he is doing his own core for it. Soon we will have lot of people who are interested in developing their own cores based on my guidance not just using mine core. So what if all of this is fake? What if all of this is not stable or usable in any way? What if all of this does not exist? I think that this is last chance for classics amiga and if this goes down we won't have the time or ideas to think of new way where amiga should go. I think that FPGA has the answers for saving amiga. It is so powerfully.Magic!!!

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 11:23:18 AM »
@majsta:
calm down, there were only few critical, but not even negative comments on a-news. and this is the only site i could thought of. i know you have caught a lot of fire on a1k before, but it should have made you harder. stay cool no need to get upset, most people are definitely found of you and what you do!

Offline djos

• Show only replies by djos
    • http://users.adam.com.au/djorlc/
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 01:37:09 PM »
Keep up the awesome work Majsta, great to have folk like you and Kipper building great HW for the Amiga and not profiteering from it unlike a certain someone that thinks 2mb ram is enuf for an a500 "accelerator" because he wants you to fork out even more money for an a1200 accelerator to make his a500 board actually useful!

I dont even own an a600 but I want to buy a Vampire 600 to support you - I'd luv an a1200 version and and internal a500 version too! :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1220 16Mhz 128MB w/ RTC, 4GB CF-HDD, Roland MT-32 MIDI Synthesiser
Amiga 500 w/ KS2.05, 1Mb Chip-Ram, CF-IDE w/4MB Fast-Ram, FDD Boot Selector, HxC RevC Floppy emulator
Commodore 64 w/ 1541 Ultimate-II inc Tape Adapter, JiffyDOS, 1541 Disk Drive, 1531 Datasette, Flyer Net Modem