Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ok it's confirmed, I'll be at Amiwest! How about you?  (Read 2764 times)

Description:

Offline Kurt

• Show only replies by Kurt
Re: Ok it's confirmed, I'll be at Amiwest! How about you?
« Reply #29 from previous page: May 16, 2003, 04:33:11 AM »
well redrumloa
Ill take a fully working OS anyday
MorphOS looks pretty on the surface but not much of anything under the hood.
No matter what you guy's say I played with one the other day.  Might be a nice system if ever finished. PS how bout making Peg one run first before waiting for II.

PS I am typing this message out on my NEW AmigaONE XEG4
My AoneSE is running SUSE, The New AoneXE is running Debian great set of instructions and install disk was up and running in under a hour from start to finish
I am gonna get me the full set. AoneSE,AoneXE,AoneDual........

If You Peg boy's weren't Such@$#%. I would be buying them too.
No matter how much #### you talk About Amiga INC and what crooks they are they stand head and shoulders above the scum formerly known as Visicorp/Genesi/Thendic,Ect al.....

Tell me how many people here are running on thier new Peg boards.
How many were up and online within an hour of unwraping thier new boards.

like I expect an honest answer from you boy's LOL!!

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2003, 04:41:16 AM »

Wayne wrote:
Just posted the story.  Amiga Inc's being foreclosed.  Check the main page.

Is that the sole operational function of that company - to sell off foreclosed merchandise?  

Or is there a document somewhere else that outlines a foreclosure?
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline Kurt

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2003, 05:53:27 AM »
BTW you do know that if AI goes belly up Hyperion gets the rights to AOS
so nothing changes except that I lose the 50 dollars on my Coupon.
which is far less than the $5500 I lost when Commodore went bellyup.
or the $1495 I lost when P5 went down the crapper.

So stop your slavering we just miss out on bills rantings.
Of course knowing our luck we just get more of the same from the Ex-president of AI.
Hmm I wonder if Bill could sell me AI?

Might be worth a half million or so as a Tax write off. Of  course If I brought it I would be responsible for about 3000 Tshirts or I would be facing  an  angry mob of club amiga members ;)

Of course I could have lot's of fun wiping out the lunatic Morph guys trying to sneak on to my property.
alway's a plus side to things!!!

Kurt

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2003, 01:11:24 PM »
No matter what you guy's say I played with one the other day. Might be a nice system if ever finished. PS how bout making Peg one run first before waiting for II.

You may have "played" with it the other day, possibly, but I OWN one so I think I can speak with at least a little authority on the subject. While definately not perfect, MorphOS works quite well. But what is perfect? It's a young OS that's getting better and better and honestly it is far superior to my prior 060/66-Prometheus/Voodoo3-Delfina-OS3.9-etc system.

If You Peg boy's weren't Such@$#%. I would be buying them too.

I'm a Peg boy and a what? Peggy/MOS and A1/os4 are products not a popularity competetion. If you are interested in the product you buy it. YEESH this isn't a cult. Well maybe AIW.NET is a cult but the rest of us are not.

How many were up and online within an hour of unwraping thier new boards.

25 minutes. Probably 15 minutes putting the motherboard and drives in the case etc, 10 minuets configuring the software. I didn't time it but I was online VERY quick, it was easier setting up than OS3.9 or even WinXP for sure.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2003, 01:13:03 PM »
@Kurt

I can't figure out if you are trying to be humorous or if you have serious Amiga Inc hero-worship syndrome?
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline Kurt

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2003, 12:48:36 AM »
well Redrumloa
It just bothers me all I get and see from the MorphOS crowd are attacks
,spin, and inuendo. I like hardware and software. I am a computer nut and have been since my father showed me the big tape eating machine at his office  when I was a kid.

No morph guy ever posts positive comments about what a PEG board can do, they only attack AI.
AI doesn't do much of anything. They don't make the boards or the OS.
Also I really don't like BB's scorched earth tactics. He Really could of done allot to help himself in the last year instead he drove more people away from the Amiga/Morph scene. In his mad rush to try to grab all the marbles.

Also I am thinking about starting a new venture and I was half serious about buying AI.
but it's really not worth all the trouble.

I don't worship anyone or anything.  I also know what most people in bussiness or politics tell you are pure bull.  So I listen to myself and most times I call it right even when 90% of the people don't see it at first.  I never expected to get my $100 and $50 discounts from AI but I thought what the hell.
If it keeps things interesting for a few month's then it's worth it.
got to go now I am gonna be late to the local Amiga club meeting were there will be a tricked out A1200T and a Amigaone and a Pegasos machine there
Kurt

ps your comment was the first and only posistive comment I have seen about a PEGASOS.
But considering that BB now claimes that it is fatally flawed.......

Offline amigau

• Show only replies by amigau
    • http://www.amigau.com
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2003, 04:53:36 AM »
can't go this year, darn it, because a wedding and family reunion are the exact same weekend, doh!  And it will suck to miss Wayne at this one, haven't seen him at the last couple, and to meet/greet other people (guess Jeff Schindler won't be around to buy beer for the evening but oh well, people always find some bathtub in someone's room to put it in anyway :)

Last year's show was pretty quiet, the highlights were of course Bill B's webcam blimp, the NewTek booth running the (PC-based) Toaster/Aura - yes, it's not on an Amiga but I'd not be surprised if Tim J. & Co. have found ways to avoid winblows on those setups - that thing runs WAY too fast to be putting up with 'windows.dll' slowing things down.  I watched the NewTek guys create a picture in Aura, insert a video clip with a woman talking, an animated revolving Lightwave logo and then merge the whole thing in about 5-10 minutes, all told.  If Steve Jobs or Adobe saw that, they'd give up their pretensions to video editing, there and then, I'm not exaggerating one iota.

I've seen MOS in action, because Bolton Peck (of recent ANN posting fame) has brought it to our user meetings a couple of times up here in Seattle - it looks nice but it is still obviously a work in progress, many hardware pieces aren't supported yet and some basic apps don't work yet.  But in time, it looks to be pretty neat!  I'm still holding out for OS4 or if they ever get Umilator on the market (even more unlikely, that was pretty sad).

Have fun, everyone, and while you're there, send a card to John Zaccarias (author of AEMail, original creator and organizer of the AmiWest show back in 1997-8-9-00), who has unfortunately had to go back to the hospital for more treatment (some of you may remember his unfortunate stroke at Amiga2001 in St. Louis a couple years ago).  Send him your best, he'd love to hear from you/the show.  The SACC club can get you in touch with him if you'd like to send him a card (from the show or otherwise).

Does anyone know if Carl S, Dale Luck, Haynie or anyone else are showing up?  I think someone showed up last year but can't completely remember at this point.. . Carl wasn't there as in years past, unfortunately, nor was REBOL - does anyone know how that company is doing?  Hopefully OK. ..  .

kevin orme
amiga university
www.amigau.com

Offline Targhan

• Show only replies by Targhan
    • http://www.geocities.com/targhan_aga
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2003, 09:17:28 AM »
Thanks amigau for getting the thread back on topic.  You should probably have said Tekmage's blimp, since we've got a couple of Bill B.'s in the community ;-)

I'll be at amiwest again this year, though in a more official capacity.  Unless forced, I'm going to skip the banquette this year as well.  However, not because of Wayne's reasons, but because I remember the food from last time.  The bar inside the hotel has much better food ;-)

Regards,
Targhan

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2003, 09:26:21 AM »
I am thinking about going to AmiWest and buying a booth but I am not sure if that show is the right place to sell Video Toaster Amiga software.  It might be a good place to sell Amiga Demo DVD Spark of the Scene though. If I do go I will bring my new employee Hottie with me.

www.livejournal.com/users/ehottie

Best regards

Bill Panagouleas
Founder/CEO
DiscreetFX
www.discreetfx.com