Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: HBMonopoly  (Read 1338 times)

Description:

Offline zyphoidTopic starter

• Show only replies by zyphoid
HBMonopoly
« on: June 22, 2008, 10:31:29 PM »
I'm currently on hbmonopoly, How do you play this online against other opponents? :-?
A1200T Mid-Night 060@50mhz tv tuner,voodoo banshee,usb subway,mediator,Dual Multi partition 200Gig 2.5/3.5HD, Twin dual-layer lite-on dvd 52x dvd-rw, sx-32pro030@50mhz my favorite system what xbox came from til someone says otherwise,A500 Efika...

Offline zyphoidTopic starter

• Show only replies by zyphoid
Re: HBMonopoly
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 04:32:44 AM »
anyone know of any servers hosting this game, at anytime?
there were some irc's
A1200T Mid-Night 060@50mhz tv tuner,voodoo banshee,usb subway,mediator,Dual Multi partition 200Gig 2.5/3.5HD, Twin dual-layer lite-on dvd 52x dvd-rw, sx-32pro030@50mhz my favorite system what xbox came from til someone says otherwise,A500 Efika...

Offline pVC

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 09:58:56 AM »
HBMonopoly doesn't have any public servers as dynAMIte. One of the players must be serving the game for the others instead.

So, when you have friends for the game, decide who's server and others are clients who connect his computer. Server must have one open port, which can be defined in the settings. Server defines the rules for the game (double salary on start, jackpot on parking lot, autosaving (sorry if they're not correct terms, I've only played in finnish and can't check them now from the game)). Then server player starts new game normally and waits until all players are connected. Other players must select to be client from internet settings and type in the server's address and port number (if not using default). All players start a new game and select just one player unless someone has more _local_ players.

Autosaving is a good option, because someone will drop connection in some point. Then all players will load the game from the game's menu and click own name from opened window. Server must load the game first.

IIRC, built-in chatting works only with Miami, so if you have other tcp/ip stacks on some players, better chat with other ways. IRC is good.

It's also good to have same language set for all players to avoid confusion :) And game goes faster if everyone sets moving times half or so from the settings.

Anyway, HBMonopoly is the best online fun you can have on Amiga ;) We've played it a LOT during the years. Must be the most played game for me and many others too. 8 players it bit too much, but 4-6 is perfect fun!
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline Cammy

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 06:13:35 PM »
Is anyone interested in having some planned, regular games online with HBMonopoly? I think it would be really fun if we could get a group together each week or month to play a game with each other.

I recently tried playing this online between the two A1200s here in the office but couldn't get them to connect through the internet. If anyone else would like to try the game, perhaps they'd be able to host the server so I can see if I can connect to it.
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Offline tone007

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 10:39:20 PM »
That would be pretty awesome.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever