Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2-players doom on same screen  (Read 1554 times)

Description:

Offline CU_AMiGA

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
Re: 2-players doom on same screen
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 18, 2003, 04:53:04 PM »

mantisspider wrote:
but u have one keyboard and one mouse. how u suposed to control both games independantly?

I can answer that one. You can use the -joypad tooltype option / cli when using Quake. So one can use a CD32 conroller (like me), the other with mouse and keyboard. Do you see? :-)
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2003, 05:42:03 PM »
I used to do this with Quake II on my PC ages ago; surely it can be done using DOOM.  Just launch two copies, each in a window.  In one of them, set the session to Host the MP game.

With the other, search for MP games on whatever local IP you're using and presto (by default, the address should be something like 127.1.1.0 or 198.162.0.1 etc.)

At any rate, that should get you going.

Now whether or not you can play at an acceptable framerate/detail level - but (and please don't take this the wrong way) Amiga users seem to be willing to put up with much lower framerates *shrug*.
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline downix

• Show only replies by downix
    • http://www.applemonthly.com
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2003, 05:44:26 PM »
@CU_AMIGA

The music issue was due to RAM limits.  So sad.  

If Atari was only willing to up the RAM from 2MB to something more reasonable, like 8.
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2003, 05:59:59 PM »
I used to run 2 copies of quake 1 on my amiga to test the mp code for a modification I was working on.

As long as I ran a tcp stack it ran fine, maybe a little slow in places. However it would slowly grind down later and eventually crash. That could have been a low memory problem rather than anything to do with the networking tho :-?
int p; // A