Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best gaming moment!  (Read 4657 times)

Description:

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
Re: Best gaming moment!
« Reply #59 from previous page: January 26, 2004, 02:20:44 AM »
When I got my Amiga home for the first time back in 1989 or whenever it was, and booting it up to watch the Shadow of the Beast intro....

But for actual games playing...

Trading insults on Monkey Island, playing Settlers (just the demo to start with!) for hours. Playing the cool snow levels on Cannon Fodder. Playing Gods - such a polished game! Getting a 512k RAM expansion for my A500 so I could finally play Prince of Persia! Sitting with mates commenting on how the guy in Magic Pockets looked like he was getting a massive hard-on when his pants expanded. Playing through Syndicate to the impossible last level. And playing Wings - what a classic!

But the best moment, was probably playing Monkey Island 2 with one disk drive! ;)

And how could I forget Speedball 2, Lotus TC, Chaos Engine and Zool!
I like Amigas

Offline manicxTopic starter

• Show only replies by manicx
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2004, 08:52:38 AM »
Another great moment for me was finishing Beyond Good and Evil on the PC. I know, it's a PC game but who cares. The game is unbelievable and it is by far the best action adventure since the days of OnEscapee. The end was just EPIC!

The place to be if you love Kick Off 2

Offline PhatBoiCollier

• Show only replies by PhatBoiCollier
    • http://www.tirinoarim.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2004, 09:51:32 AM »
I think mine have to be Playing Hybris and Blasteroids.  Only because these were the first games I got for my first Amiga (500).

Other than that, wasting MANY nights on link-up Stunt Car and Populous.  The populous music used to drive my mum crazy!
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary and those that dont.

Offline PPCRulez

• Show only replies by PPCRulez
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2004, 09:54:55 AM »
One of the best Amiga gaming moments for me, was when my brother and I played Napalm over serial ink against each other. He was a bit ahead of me, when I camoflauged a "Nitroglycerin tank" (I think it was called that), and drove it into his base without him noticing it and blow up his command center. That was a great moment of an excellent game.

Offline rubjonny

• Show only replies by rubjonny
    • http://www.moddin.net
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2004, 11:07:14 AM »
Top of the list I would place beating the walker in AB3D1 for the first time, that was tough!  A very close second is level 11 on AB3D1, firing a grenade into a room full of badies and watching all the blood fly out of the doorway and splatter on the opposite wall, fantastic stuff! :D

Then comes the double barreled shottie, wonder how many people found it on level 1?  The music and atmosphere of AB3D2 TKG and also completing Dungeon Master 1 & 2, DM1 was the first game I ever completed without cheating :)

Incidentally, has anyone ever managed to get the AB3DIITKG RTG patch on Aminet working?

I've only got the RTG patch working on my real Amiga, but its not really worth the effort, not much speed increase and bugs galore!

I got the standard version of TKG with the TKGPatch (The one that gives you the fps counter) working perfect on WinUAE and it runs really well :)

That reminds me, I should really get round to releasing my 3D objects upgrade for TKG I made 6 years ago one day!
Cheers,

John Newman
http://www.moddin.net

Offline Zorro

• Show only replies by Zorro
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »
Well, almost all my favourites are now mentioned but...
no one was happy like me when played the first times with the color cycle option in deluxe paint ?  :-D

My additions... (to all the great titles listed in this memory thread...)
Arkanoid (from Discovery Software...), Stardust, Obliterator, Assassin, Ghost'n goblins, Paperboy, Giana sister, Katakis, Dragon's Lair...

I must stop here if I don't want slowly begin to cry...  ;-)
--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
   Zorro:roflmao:Zorro
--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
The Phoenix is rising...

Offline Magerusz

• Show only replies by Magerusz
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2004, 02:20:33 PM »
Top 3 gaming moments on my good old A500 would probably be:

- Sensi Soccer: no matter what version, always had (and sometimes still have) loads of fun playing it, particularly the tournaments/leagues with friends..
Also had tons of fun with one of the first demo's of Sensi, the one where you had 3 game modes: normal, black and white and - the best mode - bomb-mode, where the ball was replaced by a bomb which explodes at random times (if someone has an adf image of this demo - please let me know!)

- Chaos Engine, played it over and over again with friends... great game, which was far ahead of its time

- Cannon Fodder - "War has never been so much fun", a bit frustrating at times tho

Geez, there are a lot of great moments now that i think about it, what to think of games like SuperFrog, DynaBlaster, FireForce, SuperCars 2 (best game music ever imho), Speedball 2...

Not to mention the hours i spent playing BubbleBobble....

i could go on and on about this...
All the time i spent on the Amiga could probably be summed up as one long great gaming moment :)

Offline rubjonny

• Show only replies by rubjonny
    • http://www.moddin.net
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2004, 04:01:21 PM »
Also had tons of fun with one of the first demo's of Sensi, the one where you had 3 game modes: normal, black and white and - the best mode - bomb-mode, where the ball was replaced by a bomb which explodes at random times (if someone has an adf image of this demo - please let me know!)

I have this, it was basically an England v Germany demo disk:
England v Germany in 1940 (with the grenade for a ball)
England v Germany in 1966 in black and white (when we won the world cup)
England v Germany in whatever year the demo disk was released in colour :)
Cheers,

John Newman
http://www.moddin.net

Offline Lo

• Show only replies by Lo
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2004, 04:07:23 PM »
Unwrapping Arctic Fox in 1985 and hiding in the snow from the evil enemies.. :-D
[color=0000CC]GVP 060 @50 Pwr Twr [/color][color=FF0000]AMD_Amithlon_UAE[/color]

Offline Gryfon

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2004, 04:42:53 PM »
Two:
1)  Rescue On Fractalus!  (Atari 800XL)
My heart leapt every time a Jaggie leapt up in front of the ####pit...and the suspense of the steps as the pilot / Jaggie ran up to your spacecraft - just brilliant.

2) Mercenary - Escape From Targ
The sudden realisation that you have a whole WORLD, in 3D vector graphics, to explore...no time limits, you can't "die"...  You're wits againts the game and the way you learned / plot unfolded as you went along and all available in a 48k version too!  Still my vote for best game of all time.
\\"We should take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.\\" Ripley, Aliens

Offline Mike_Amiga

• Show only replies by Mike_Amiga
    • http://www.mp3.com.au/forefinger
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2004, 03:03:02 AM »
Oh, yeah... Moonstoone multiplayer was ace, especially when you met one of your mates in the same place on the map for a duel.

Swish-swish! Beheaded 'em, YAY! ;-)
AKA ED-209 on IRC...