Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PayPal is to crappy  (Read 4605 times)

Description:

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
Re: PayPal is to crappy
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 03, 2007, 11:34:09 AM »
I've never had any problems with PayPal myself.  Either with my ecommerce site nor TeamAROS.

Dammy
Head Troll
Black Troll Technology Corporation
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline c64_d0c

• Show only replies by c64_d0c
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2007, 01:39:27 PM »
paypal happen becouse people started to scam others. trust and direct bank to bank tranfer is a risky business nowdays.... so in the end a few idiots ruined it, if everyone have had been a bit honest, there would never be any need for paypal ever...
________
LovelyWendie
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:13:19 AM by c64_d0c »
On schedule and rockin\\\'!!!1!!

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2007, 01:49:58 PM »
I've never had any problems with Paypal (yet), but never leave any large amounts of cash sitting in it. Not that I do large amounts via Paypal. Pretty much all my online purchases are <50 EUR.

Offline Plaz

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 04:00:46 PM »
Do you see this as a real potencial problem? Has already happened a fraud due this ?

Yes. The percentage of problems is actually very small compared to the millions of user on paypal, but protect your accounts in every way possible. Check paypalsucks.com for bad stories. Many stories are about buyers who pay and receive your goods, then complain to paypal and get a refund even though you dispute the claim. Perhaps paypal has improved this problem more recently, I havn't been keeping up.

Also check your PM. I sent more details about how I protect my accounts that may help you. One big change in paypal recently is in their own protection policy. Never ship to an address that is not part of the buyer's paypal account. If you ship to a different address, paypal will not cover you in case of buyer fraud. Always question and resist shipping to a different address than paypal shows for your own protection unless you're positive you know why and you're willing to take the risk.

I'm concerned now

That is a good thing. It keeps you safer :-)

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2007, 04:07:12 PM »
but never leave any large amounts of cash sitting in it

You could still be at risk if you leave funds in your personal account linked to your paypal account. Like your bank account, credit card.......you gave them authority to transfer funds at your request when you signed up. They can also use that authority without your request. That's one complaint you find often at paypalsucks.com

Plaz

Offline ptek

• Show only replies by ptek
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2007, 09:28:53 PM »
Thanks Plaz, i'm going to read the PM now.
Onions have layers ...

Offline adz

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show only replies by adz
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2007, 01:01:45 AM »
I too have to agree with Moto on this one, never had a bad experience with them. My only grip is that once you begin to accept credit card payments, all money you recieve attracts a fee, but meh, if thats the way it is, thats the way it is.

Offline amiga92570

• Show only replies by amiga92570
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2007, 01:46:21 AM »
PayPal is Too Crappy. I agree, that is why I have a bunch of stuff to sell and I am not selling. Between Ebay and Paypal, owned by the same, they take way to much off the sellers price. Some items I would rather give away..
Amiga92570
==========================
(1) 4000T/040 (2)3000t CS 060/233ppc Picasso IV video, (2)D-box 1200 blizzard 060/200ppc Mediator fastATA, (1)amiga 1200 Power tower, (1)amiga 1200 EZ tower with mediator,1200/030/50mhz, (3) amiga 500 with CSA Mega Midget Racer and Trump card AT, (2) amiga 600 one with M-tec 030, (3) CD32 one sx32, two sx32-pro, More accessories and parts than I want to admit to

Offline CaptainN

• Show only replies by CaptainN
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2007, 04:28:23 AM »
I have never had a problem with PayPal since the beginning. I visted that PayPal Sucks site and read many many stories.. I see on many of these stories involve lazy/cheap sellers who do not use some sort of Delivery Confirmation and are {bleep}ing that PayPal doesn't believe them when customers say they didn't get their package.

So one thing to keep in mind when shipping out anything people... use delivery confirmation.

I understand that there are other problems as well, but many of these people on that website are just sour cause they didnt want to spend the extra bucks for delivery confirmation..

Offline Hyperspeed

• Show only replies by Hyperspeed
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 01:12:27 AM »
by NoFastMem:
Think of PayPal as the counter over which you're doing business with a merchant. You wouldn't leave hundreds of dollars lying there for days.

The reason most people will leave money in the PayPal account is because it takes 11 days to move the money from PayPal to bank account and vice versa.

If you pay for things with your Debit Card you will get a load of odd-named entries on your bank statement and a slow 3-day+ debit delay.

If you pay for things via Credit Card on PayPal you will still have to pay off the card with a cheque and may incur interest charges at the end of the month.

The point made about authorising a Direct Debit is a good one. Too many times have banks and other companies helped themselves to my bank account when I have not given them permission for a particular transaction.

A lot of finanical advisors and debt counsellors advise people to have two bank accounts - one a "safe account" that noone except you knows about, the other an account you can use for paying bills.

Paranoia will keep you safe in the finanical industry.

And remember to fight any charges your banks puts on you for late payment of overdrafts or excess charges. They're running with their tails between their legs right now!

:-D