Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Site bug?  (Read 2520 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_HTopic starter

Site bug?
« on: October 18, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »
Anyone else experiencing this? Past couple days the site has been completely broken for me. The style sheet won't render and clicking any links results in a "Forbidden" error. I wonder if it's an ISP issue? My home provider is Comcast (the bastards) but today I'm connecting from elsewhere on my iPhone and everything is fine. From home, I tried two different browsers (not the iPhone, though) and both demonstrated the same problem.

Any ideas? Although I suppose if anyone else is experiencing this problem they won't be able to reply!

Offline paul1981

Re: Site bug?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 10:58:45 AM »
Quote from: Matt_H;775250
Anyone else experiencing this? Past couple days the site has been completely broken for me. The style sheet won't render and clicking any links results in a "Forbidden" error. I wonder if it's an ISP issue? My home provider is Comcast (the bastards) but today I'm connecting from elsewhere on my iPhone and everything is fine. From home, I tried two different browsers (not the iPhone, though) and both demonstrated the same problem.

Any ideas? Although I suppose if anyone else is experiencing this problem they won't be able to reply!

I couldn't access the site either two or three days ago.

Offline quarkx

• Show only replies by quarkx
    • http://www.amigalounge.com
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »
I got it also, so I think it's a server issue, not ISP or anything else. I would guess that either 2 many bots are trying to attack the PHP code or they are not fully migrated over to the new servers.
I know my site has no PHP but gets bombarded almost hourly by bots trying everything to attack the PHP code. It also doesn't help that once, long ago, my site was a wordpress site and now wordpres sites are the number 1 target for attacks on the net.
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2374855/wordpress-is-the-cms-target-of-choice-for-cyber-crooks
I have Amiga stuff for sale at http://amigalounge.com. You can follow my builds there also.

Offline mfletcher

• Show only replies by mfletcher
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 03:45:28 PM »
Myself and Matt H have logged a bug report on the site - we've helped the mods out with the necessary investigation but we havent heard anything back since.

If there are any mods reading this, is there any progress on this issue? Do you even plan to investigate. Amiga.org is unusable from my home ip.

I suspect that you have some kind of ip blocking involved. Have you checked to see if my ip is blocked?

Issue in question: http://www.amiga.org/forums/project.php?issueid=92

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 05:52:16 PM »
:bump:

Hello? Anyone out there who can help?

Online F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 02:08:52 PM »
Quote from: Matt_H;780392

Hello? Anyone out there who can help?

If you read your first post, you already stated that you connected from your IPhone and everything was fine.
So that rules out server / site.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 06:18:39 PM »
Quote from: F0LLETT;780430
If you read your first post, you already stated that you connected from your IPhone and everything was fine.
So that rules out server / site.

Not quite - iPhone from elsewhere, i.e. using a network connection other than the one I have at home. Cellular, wifi from work or someone else's house are all fine. iPhone and every other device I use from home do not work. It's definitely something with Amiga.org blocking IP addresses in the 65.x.x.x range as mfletcher and I have both reported in the bug report.

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 06:21:46 PM »

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 11:56:09 PM »
Quote from: Matt_H;780542
Not quite - iPhone from elsewhere, i.e. using a network connection other than the one I have at home. Cellular, wifi from work or someone else's house are all fine. iPhone and every other device I use from home do not work. It's definitely something with Amiga.org blocking IP addresses in the 65.x.x.x range as mfletcher and I have both reported in the bug report.

Bump again. Any ideas?

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 04:15:11 PM »
Sigh. Another bump. Still having this problem. IP address in the 65.x.x.x range is being blocked by some component of the site.