Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org Exclusive Interview with the CEO of CommodoreUSA  (Read 18582 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
Re: Amiga.org Exclusive Interview with the CEO of CommodoreUSA
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2012, 04:43:29 AM »
It's ad nauseam not ad nauseum.

Please get your latin right before trying to look clever.

Hey be nice! Even though he is a "ceo" or a company with a 30 million dollar advertising budget... he couldn't afford word or a spellchecker because he's spending millions on product development!

I have questions that you will most likely dodge, He claims he will answer all questions, but trust me, he will dodge many of them.

But hey, I'll ask them anyway.

1) What happened to the hundreds or thousands of c64x's you claimed you were shipping to big box retails stores that never happened. Why?

2) Why did you illegally steal footage from a disney movie (TRON) to make ads for your company?

3) Why did you claim that ads would be on television, when they never made it anywhere but on youtube?

4) What happened to those 25,000$ workstation amigas you once bragged about? More vaporware?

5) You continually posture like your a "company" and have resources you have commited to this. Why do you make mistakes my 12 year old nephew who just started building his own pcs would not make?  Like not putting a proper fan in the c64x or giving this amiga mini too small a power supply?

6) Why do you delete posts that are critical or your products on your "forum"?

7) Why did you steal text from apples website on one of your earlier websites?

8) Why do you have a "chief technical officer" if no actually technology is being developed? My 12 year old nephew can replace that guy if all your going to do is build pc's and slap commodore or amiga stickers/engravings on the cases. Why don't you get someone who knows what they are doing instead of that clown?

9) Why don't you grow a set of balls and support AROS?

10) If someone really wants a commodore or amiga branded pc, why should someone pay 3x as much as the parts cost to get it from you instead of making their own stickers?

11) Why do you maintain so many shill accounts on a.org and elsewhere to defend your company? Why don't you just grow set of balls and post yourself and stop hiding behind fake users?

12) Do your parents know your running a computer empire out of their basement?

13) Are you ever going to do anything more than the least possible work you can? It takes balls, heart, money and devotion to actually develop an OS, or develop NEW computer tech. Any monkey can slap a sticker over an existing product. In my view this is all you have done is what 2.5 years now? When are you going to do something more than the least possible work you can possible do? When will you actually contribute something to the legacy your attempting to live off of?

14) Why don't you give me an amiga mini to give an honest review on. I will cover its use with windows, COS, AROS,linux, mint, amithlon and more.
Why NOT have someone give real reviews on these machines instead of just getting fluff stories that are largely just mocking this thing?

15) Why don't you grow some balls and defend your use of linux instead of acting like it was the second prize choice? Why don't you tell us what steps are being taken to make it a more customized and amiga like experience?

16) What happened to your 30 million dollar advertising budget. Does it cost 30 million dollars now to self edit a few videos to cheesy production music that costs 20$ per track and upload the view to youtube? You claimed you had a 30 million dollar advertising budget. All we've seen is a mention on a dvd and some youtube videos that were made at home.

Now remember, You said you'd answer every question, so I challenge you to honestly answer these.

Get out the popcorn, this out to be good...

Steven
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:45:37 AM by haywirepc »

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2012, 04:57:26 AM »
Cake or Pie.

Offline EDanaII

• Show only replies by EDanaII
    • http://www.EdwardGDanaII.info
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2012, 05:03:42 AM »
Yea, whatever happened to "Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community?"

Oh, and... when ya gonna put your money where your mouth is?
Ed.

Offline MarkTime

• Show only replies by MarkTime
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2012, 05:51:35 AM »
question, what will it take to make you go away?

Offline Middleman

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Middleman
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2012, 06:37:35 AM »
Quote from: Transition;686560
Amiga.org exclusive interview with the CEO of CommodoreUSA is currently in process. Of course we would not do this without the participation of our great members. Please post your questions in this very thread for Barry and we will send them along with our questions. Please do this in the next 2-3 days. Below is an e-mail Barry sent us this morning. Thanks Middleman for helping set this interview up.

You're welcome Tedd! And I'm excited to read about the interview myself too...I think there's a great future ahead for us Amiga users if we can work out the differences between us.

For those who believe I only like modern machines, well I like the classic ones too. My personal opinion about the future of Amiga is that I actually I believe if the brand can be rebooted, it can exist as two formats - one as a Classic platform ie. PPC/Power7/Natami, and one as a Future platform ie. x86. Why does people always have to insist a modern Amiga CANNOT be an x86? x86 is the platform which has everything a new Amiga needs ie. Ivy Bridge, Thunderbolt, 3D etc. If implemented properly with the right customization of system and OS, it CAN be the machine we've always wanted and more. This is why I have, as an independent IT user of over 30 years computing experience, been following and supporting CUSA for the past year....because I believe they will come up with the goods. But my view is, the community has to be realistic with what can be approached from a production perspective. They have to consider whatever designs/options will be made into new gear, that it can be recreated and sustained by modern manufacturing methods AND somehow is able to supported by a strong software development community. Unfortunately at the moment the Amiga community is no Apple community. But with genuine support from all perhaps we will eventually get there…wherever 'there' might be….

Anyways just to remind you all here, the CommodoreUSA competition has just ended and two winners have been announced - CUSA members Scryer316 and Bruno - congrats to you both! If anyone here knows them, please let them know, thanks!

Offline darkage

• Show only replies by darkage
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2012, 07:12:29 AM »
Pretty much everyone is a "independent IT user"

Please stop using this term to just sound more official..    Im a Independent Icecream eater as well for 30 years :)

Offline mailman

• Show only replies by mailman
    • http://www.ppa.pl
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2012, 07:29:12 AM »
Second batch of questions from PPA readers:

1. Do you plan some sort of a help for UAE project in order to add support for PowerPC to this application?
2. Do you plan to initiate a new open project similar to Wine which is strictly dedicated for Amiga operational system?
3. Do you plan to add numbering system to computer models (like in case A500, A1200 etc.)?
4. Do you consider extending the offer for much cheaper models, models which will be custom made upon the user requests, desktop models, mobile models, etc.?
5. Do you plan to create your own BIOS in Amiga style?
6. Apart from the "Commodore" name, does CommodoreUSA have anything more in common with the old classic line of Commodore systems? (logos, stickers, labels, retro keyboards are not an answer here)
7. What is the purpose of 16 GB of Ram in your system?
8. Do you intend to introduce UEFI technology instead of BIOS (of course in Amiga way)?
9. Why should we ask any questions to a producer/assembler of a regular PC computer when the only connection between this system and Amiga is by UAE?
10. Why did you use name AMIGA for a PC computer that neither its operational system, architecture nor a case even in the smallest way has any connection with Amiga?
11. Wouldn't it be more reasonable to support a project like Natami or Minimig AGA than releasing a PC with Linux and the Amiga sticker?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 05:10:12 AM by mailman »

Offline Haranguer

• Show only replies by Haranguer
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »
My mother always told me that if you have nothing nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all.

Therefore, I have no questions for CUSA.

Offline kamelito

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2012, 11:23:19 AM »
Just buy SkyOS and put it in your C= PC

Offline rebraist

• Show only replies by rebraist
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2012, 12:26:38 PM »
First of all i wish for you the best luck!

- Why did you call your new machines amiga?
- Do you think there's a linking between the original ones and the new ones, apart from the names and brands?
- What could be this linking?
- Will come one day when you will become an operating system developer?

Thank you!
I\'m not an heretic: an heretic is a morphos user! I\'m a perverted: i\'m an aros user!
edit:...i\'m now an heretic perverted... i\'m a morpharosian...
Evil has no limits... I\'ve even os4.1 too...
Is there in my house any space to sleep still?

Offline Middleman

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Middleman
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2012, 12:27:33 PM »
Quote from: darkage;686725
Pretty much everyone is a "independent IT user"

Yes I agree to a certain extent....but have you ever used/owned more than 3 OSes/systems extensively in your lifetime, excluding Amigas (in a non-biased fashion)? Have you tried/used ALL the IT technologies that have been out the last 30 years to give a fair overall assessment of their effectiveness for computing needs? Including Bernoulli, Jaz/Zip/Syquest & Magneto-Optical drives, micro drives, daisy-wheel/plotters/colour laser printers, SCSI/Wide/UltraSCSI/Firewire connects, HD/Bluray/Thunderbolt etc? For example, I can count up to owning at least 4 different types of computing systems well before I even touched my first vintage Amiga - and none of those were DOS, Windows or Apple-based systems lol. Sadly that also tells you how far back I go, and how old I am. I just hope using the words 'independent IT user' will help others appreciate users like me for who we are (for our insight).....there's nothing fancy about it. :lol:

Quote from: darkage;686725

Please stop using this term to just sound more official..    Im a Independent Icecream eater as well for 30 years :)

Well Independent Icecream Eaters are also welcome in this discussion! We welcome the discussion of how ice-cream has developed over the last 30 years. My question for you is…..which do you prefer, Haagen Daz or 99 Flake? Personally I prefer 99 Flakes :roflmao:

Offline mailman

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2012, 01:26:48 PM »
Next batch:

1. Do you plan to resume the production of Amiga 600/1200/4000/CD32 in the classic form known from 1993?
2. Do you consider cooperation with Hyperion Entertainment to port AmigaOS 4 on PPC Amiga which you are planning to create in the future?
3. Do you consider cooperation with Hyperion Entertainment to port AmigaOS 4 on Amiga x86?
4. Is Amiga x86 going to have fully licensed Amiga ROM in order to legally emulate previous systems?
5. Are you going to conquer computer market of graphics station based on 4 core CPU and graphic boards with powerful GPUs?

Offline vox

• Show only replies by vox
    • http://anticusa.wordpress.com
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2012, 03:03:57 PM »
Quote from: Middleman;686724
been following and supporting CUSA for the past year....because I believe they will come up with the goods. But my view is, the community has to be realistic with what can be approached from a production perspective.

Off course x86 and ARM are viable targets offering best price/performance ratio and wide userbase. However, as independent IT pro (meaning not employed or paid by C=USA) how do you rate "goods" and "innovation": only new thing is the C64x case. Rest is available at much lower prices from any OEM rebrander, Linux of your choice and Amiga Forever.

There is little hope in bright Amigan future with current no development high profit C=USA policy - they don`t really develop anything new.

The question for Leo is:
Does C=USA have plan to DEVELOP any new hardware or software or to licence (outsource) any h/w or s/w development and if yes, what?

Quote from: mailman;686765
Next batch:
4. Is Amiga x86 going to have fully licensed Amiga ROM in order to legally emulate previous systems?

Yes, if you buy C=USA 64x or C=USA "Amiga" Mini, you get COS with legal Kickstarts and UAE (essentially Amiga Forever licence). If you download free version you get none. In that way COS is free and not free "new" OS.
Future Acube and MOS supporter, fi di good, nothing fi di unprofessionals. Learn it harder way! http://www.youtube.com/user/rasvoja and https://www.facebook.com/rasvoja

Offline mailman

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2012, 03:09:25 PM »
Next batch:

1. What is the target group for your product?
2. How are you going to convince your future customers to purchase your product?
3. What companies do you plan to start cooperation with? (not only Hyperion or Amigakit but also other suppliers and distibutors).
4. When will Amiga PPC from CommodoreUSA see the daylight?
5. Is Amiga PPC from Commodore USA going to work under AmigaOS 4 or some other operational system?
6. Is Commodore USA in possession of schematics or HDL codes for Amiga chipsets? If yes, do you have rights to use them?

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2012, 03:58:50 PM »
Is there any truth to the rumor that CUSA is buying out Hyperion?

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #59 from previous page: April 03, 2012, 04:10:54 PM »
Q1 Why are you putting Amiga logo on HTPC cases, where are the Amiga look-a-like cases?

Q2 Why are you not doing the only sensible option of funding PowerPC 604 CPU emulation core for WinUAE option so Amiga OS4 could be run on your generic cobbled together medium power PC compatible?