Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aros has no software ???  (Read 6151 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Aros has no software ???
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 16, 2010, 11:47:25 PM »
A question that I'd love to know the answer to is: Why does OctaMED Sound Studio work perfectly on OS4.1 running on a Pegasos II but not on MorphOS running on the exact same machine?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Templario

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 11:50:42 PM »
For me AROS has software and good, but not one USB reader systems, why? very easy to explain, I programming things in Amiga OS4 but with Hollywood and I tryed to port my programs tested in AROS from a VMWare but never I got that from USB drive or a CDRW tested my projects, currently is possible AROS from VMWare read the contend inside of a pendrive USB?
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 12:26:06 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;592322
A question that I'd love to know the answer to is: Why does OctaMED Sound Studio work perfectly on OS4.1 running on a Pegasos II but not on MorphOS running on the exact same machine?

Well, I would guess that AOS4.1 has better legacy compatibility. MorphOS
really only supports software that doen't access hardware directly.

The posters worried about AmigaOS' with the capability to run this package should find your post enlightening.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 01:12:21 AM »
Before we assume the sky has fallen on it, has anybody actually tested OctaMED SS on MorphOS with "The Maestrix" utility installed?
int p; // A

Offline saimon69

• Show only replies by saimon69
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 02:44:23 AM »
Quote from: Templario;592323
For me AROS has software and good, but not one USB reader systems, why? very easy to explain, I programming things in Amiga OS4 but with Hollywood and I tryed to port my programs tested in AROS from a VMWare but never I got that from USB drive or a CDRW tested my projects, currently is possible AROS from VMWare read the contend inside of a pendrive USB?
@templario

that is not AROS fault, especially since Poseidon, more from the settings of the Virtual Machine created; i generated through easywmx a wmdk file disk with USB enabled (can be changed editing the .vmx file) and once started the machine was able to access the stick from vmware (being unmounted from win in the meanwhile though).

Saimon69

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 04:08:06 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;592347
Before we assume the sky has fallen on it, has anybody actually tested OctaMED SS on MorphOS with "The Maestrix" utility installed?

I wasn't even aware of that utility till you mention it Karlos. Looks interesting.
Hopefully Nichols sees your post as I don't have Octamed to check.

It might work. Frequently AOS packages can run (under MorphOS) with tweaks like this.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline nicholas

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 06:16:04 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;592361
I wasn't even aware of that utility till you mention it Karlos. Looks interesting.
Hopefully Nichols sees your post as I don't have Octamed to check.

It might work. Frequently AOS packages can run (under MorphOS) with tweaks like this.

Alas I've not got a Peg2 in the house to test it with now but hopefully someone who does can.

I can give it a try on the eMac and the Quicksilver though, I guess if it works on those two it should work on any MorphOS machine.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Fats

• Show only replies by Fats
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 10:52:09 PM »
Quote from: Tension;592272
How is that possible?  In the same way that being black is a state of mind?

I may have made this invalid conclusion when I saw that your definition is totally different from what Carl Sassenrath calls an 'amiga system' or, like Iggy says, is the only true trademark conforming definition of an 'Amiga system'.

greets,
Staf.
Trust me...                                              I know what I\'m doing

Offline Templario

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 11:00:15 PM »
Quote from: saimon69;592353
@templario

that is not AROS fault, especially since Poseidon, more from the settings of the Virtual Machine created; i generated through easywmx a wmdk file disk with USB enabled (can be changed editing the .vmx file) and once started the machine was able to access the stick from vmware (being unmounted from win in the meanwhile though).

Saimon69
Well, someday when I have free time I'll try to test AROS and my programs in it.
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9

Offline Tension

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 11:58:37 PM »
Quote from: Fats;592598
I may have made this invalid conclusion when I saw that your definition is totally different from what Carl Sassenrath calls an 'amiga system' or, like Iggy says, is the only true trademark conforming definition of an 'Amiga system'.

greets,
Staf.

What do you mean?  An Amiga system has to run AmigaOS, which in turn must be able to run Amiga programs.

what does Sassenrath say on the matter?