Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MacUAE and hardfiles - issue  (Read 2103 times)

Description:

MacUAE and hardfiles - issue
« on: November 10, 2002, 08:27:11 AM »
I succesfully managed to setup my copy of MacUAE (0.8.6), after a little fighting and filling the the MacUAE folder with masses of files, with James's 'Amiga-in-a-Box' software pack (10c). I want to transfer the installed files onto a hardfile so I can clean out my MacUAE folder, but trying to copy the 'l', 'Libs' and 'Locale' folders onto a 196MB hardfile resulteed in running out of space, yet the device was practically empty when I started and the whole installed size of AIAB is only clocked as 14MB in MacOS.

Whats going on here?

Offline pjhutch

• Amiga user and developer
    • Show only replies by pjhutch
    • http://www.pjhutchison.org
Re: MacUAE and hardfiles - issue
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2002, 12:37:02 PM »
Is the hardfile formatted?
Have you copied any files in to it first?
What does INFO say about disk space on the hard file?

Re: MacUAE and hardfiles - issue
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2002, 10:55:40 AM »
Don't matter - apparently the hardfile support in MacUAE is currently broken. I wish somone would port the Unix version o MacOS X it's much better than the OS <=9 Mac port for features and the like. Some headcase poerted BasiliskII to OSX and it's a flamin' Mac emulator and somone has also ported ArcEm (and Acorn Archimedes emulator - for those who don't remember/know about the Arc), which has a much smaller user base. It's not that I'm at all ungrateful for Arnauld Blanchards efforts on MacUAE it's just I think the whole shooting match'd be be better, for newer MAc users anyway. if it was built on the Unix version.

I've gone over to using WinUAE in WindowsXP now, it's much faster and .88rc2 promises IDE hard disk support - just in time for me to attach a hard disk and dump all my Amiga software onto my new A1200 :-)