Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2204 times)

Description:

Offline TeamBlackFoxTopic starter

• Master SPARC
    • Show only replies by TeamBlackFox
Greetings
« on: March 31, 2014, 11:50:29 PM »
I'm excited to be able to finally login. I signed up a few months ago but could never login, but now it magically seems to work - go figure.

Anyways, I'm Black Fox, of TeamBlackFox, an organization of C developers and server admins. I have used a lot of operating systems, including AmigaOS, BeOS, BSD, Commodore BASIC, IRIX, Linux, MorphOS and Zeta. I used to have an A1200D when I was younger, (I'm 20, so the golden age of AmigaOS was before my time) but that unfortunately was stolen, so I am in the process of rebuilding my hardware collection and working on C development. Why C? Because its portable Assembly, pretty much. You can check out my scripts and some projects I am assisting on GitHub, same $user.
After many years in the Amiga community I have decided to leave the Amiga community permanently. If you have a question about SGI or Sun computers please PM me and I will return your contact as soon as I can.

Offline carvedeye

• Show only replies by carvedeye
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 01:09:31 AM »
Welcome to A.org best place for the amiga, are you planning on coding for the amiga when you are able to get one?
A1200T: M1230XA 50Mhz 68030 w/64mb,DVDRom, 80gb hdd, Realtek LAN Card, Mediator LT4 + Radeon 9250 128mb(used for fast ram), Spider USB Card, Voodoo 3 3000 OS 3.9 +bb 1-3

• Master SPARC
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 01:44:13 AM »
Well I would like to, but there doesn't seem to be Clang 3 or GCC 4 on any of the classic Amiga or on OS4/MorphOS. I don't have any interest in using a non standard compiler, also need to research how POSIX compliant AmigaOS is as all of the C I code has to be POSIX compliance (I am a huge fan of System V) and all of my associates mostly code POSIX applications and use git, so we'll see how feasible it will be.
After many years in the Amiga community I have decided to leave the Amiga community permanently. If you have a question about SGI or Sun computers please PM me and I will return your contact as soon as I can.

Offline LiveForIt

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 02:57:24 AM »
Quote from: TeamBlackFox;761642
Well I would like to, but there doesn't seem to be Clang 3 or GCC 4 on any of the classic Amiga or on OS4/MorphOS. I don't have any interest in using a non standard compiler

You asking this question in the wrong forum, this forum is mostly where classic Amiga users are.

I will try to answer you questions anyway.

Clang = No.

GCC Version is 4.2.4.

GIT = Almost.

http://jamiga2.blogspot.no/

we have some thing that almost does it.

http://os4depot.net/index.php?function=showfile&file=development/utility/hggit.lha

Unless your thinking about using a cross compiler, you can forget about GIT, and use SVN instead.

also need to research how POSIX compliant AmigaOS is as all of the C I code has to be POSIX compliance (I am a huge fan of System V) and all of my associates mostly code POSIX applications and use git, so we'll see how feasible it will be.

Its not fully POSIX complainant, you can compile some Linux shell stuff whit out any changes, but most thing if its a bit more complicated, will need AmigaOS platform dependent code.

Some build tools are not available, some configure scripts and depends  on Linux to work so want work on AmigaOS, in some cases you most cross compile or generate the makefiles on Linux or Cygwin first.

Gui toolkits we have support for QT, no other cross platform GUI toolkit is supported. So if you have GUI based program in most cases you need to make a different GUI for the AmigaOS version.

Cross platform Graphics toolkits: SDL and Allegro.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:06:00 AM by LiveForIt »

• Master SPARC
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 03:59:56 AM »
LiveForIt

I don't use Subversion, but yeah - I'll need to try those solutions for Git. I don't care to use Subversion or Concurrent Versioning because Git does all I need to do.

I'll probably do most of my work in C. But its a side project as I do other things for work besides coding.

I mostly do command line apps at the moment like TeamBlackFox is helping another developer team with a coreutils replacement. Mostly a for fun thing, but its nice to have the skills that it brings.

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 10:19:56 PM »
Welcome to Amiga.Org!

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 10:22:07 PM »
welcome :)
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline amoskodare

• Show only replies by amoskodare
    • http://m4rko.com/amiga
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 01:23:08 AM »
@TeamBlackFox

Welcome :)
C128 + Action Replay, A500+ (KS1.3/KS2.0), A1200, A1200/040, Amiga Forever 2008+09+2016, Amiga Future subscriber, Nokia N900 (Maemo 5), 5 x86/x64 boxes
AmigaOS 4.1 FEu1 on Sam440ep-flex/800MHz/1GB RAM/Radeon 9250 :afro:
AOS4.1 FE Update 1 for Classic (on WinUAE PPC)
m4rko.com/AMIGA