Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ACube and A-EON announce One Vision on future Amiga co-operation  (Read 9439 times)

Description:

Offline Rob

Re: ACube and A-EON announce One Vision on future Amiga co-operation
« Reply #119 from previous page: December 22, 2013, 08:04:46 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;755011
Of course not, but if you pay attention and follow the discussion in this thread to which you responded, the point was what the X1000 did to *grow the platform*, meaning attracting people *from outside* the Amiga community, or at least outside the OS4 community. In this context, people already using OS4 doesn't count. And in this context, the question is also how many *left* because of the fact that the "Amiga future" was positioned way out of their reach, and they felt that there is no hope of a future (or that the risk is way too high) when the future builds on $3,000+ machines with ancient (in computer evolution terms) performance? Surely not even you can think that this *hasn't* taken its toll?

After I bought my X1000 somebody got a complete AmigaONE XE G4 1GHz system with 1GB ram 2 video cards, 320GB HD and a DVD rewriter for just overĀ£400 IIRC.  Does the guy who bought it count as a new user?

Remember while some people might horde their old systems others sell their old system putting cheaper hardware onto the market and thus growing the users base.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2013, 08:40:12 PM »
Quote from: Rob;755028
After I bought my X1000 somebody got a complete AmigaONE XE G4 1GHz system with 1GB ram 2 video cards, 320GB HD and a DVD rewriter for just overĀ£400 IIRC.  Does the guy who bought it count as a new user?

Remember while some people might horde their old systems others sell their old system putting cheaper hardware onto the market and thus growing the users base.

THAT is actually a really good buy.
FASTER than the SAM440 or SAM460.
I'd love to try that with dual video cards (like a Radeon 9250 and a Voodoo4 or 5).
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline amigakit

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2013, 09:09:13 PM »
A used PC wouldn't be worth that amount in the second market after 10 years.  

I expect your AmigaOne X1000 to hold its value in a similar way too.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2013, 09:21:42 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;755036
A used PC wouldn't be worth that amount in the second market after 10 years.  

I expect your AmigaOne X1000 to hold its value in a similar way too.

Good point in favor of PPCs guys.
I don't think PegIIs have depreciated at all.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"