Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: G SOFT Audio Imager sampler not working in some software  (Read 1684 times)

Description:

Offline larsefTopic starter

G SOFT Audio Imager sampler not working in some software
« on: January 24, 2007, 01:38:19 PM »
Hi,
I have bought a G SOFT Audio Imager sampler to my A1200 and it works fine with the software that comes with the sampler. It also works fine in Protracker. For some strange reason it does not work at all in OctaMED Pro or QuadraComposer. There's no sound when I try to sample.

I wonder if there's any kind of sampler standard for Amiga samplers? Just like most other samplers, Audio Imager is a stereo sampler that is connected to the parallel port. Since it works fine in Protracker, I cannot imagine that it would work any different compared to any other sampler. Perhaps it has to be initiated?

I want to use a music tracker which works with my sampler, but the tracker must also work in Multiscan mode or at least work with NewMode so I can force it into Multiscan mode. I haven't got Protracker to work with my SVGA screen, so I have to choose another tracker. QuadraComposer is really nice and would be my first choice if only the sampler worked with QuadraComposer.

Any ideas what is wrong? How is a parallel port sampler working anyway?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A1200, Apollo 1260 (68060@50, with MMU+FPU), 32 MB, Delfina soundcard, 40 GB harddrive