Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CyberVision 64 4MB graphics glitches  (Read 293 times)

Description:

Offline FirestoneTopic starter

CyberVision 64 4MB graphics glitches
« on: December 08, 2014, 11:51:19 PM »
Got a strange problem with one of my CyberVision 64 4MB cards... Take a look at the picture below.

Those two red "blocks" follow the pointer, and after a while there will be graphics glitches on the Workbench when closing windows and so on.... anyone seen this before?

I have ruled out the daughterboard, buster chip.
Have tried another identical graphics-card in the same machine, and there are no glitches, so this is not software related either.

If i wiggle the card a bit, I can see differences in the graphic disturbances, but only minor changes.

(those horizontal lines are there only because I took a picture with my phone on a MV1438 monitor, CRT)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:24:39 AM by Firestone »

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: CyberVision 64 4MB graphics glitches
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 12:09:35 AM »
I'm getting an "X" where your picture is.  If you scroll down under where you're writing your post there's an option Attach Files --> Manage Attachments, that will let you attach a picture directly to your post instead of linking to an external site.  ;)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 12:25:04 AM »
Thanks a lot... fixed :)

Offline mechy

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 12:39:23 AM »
Quote from: Firestone;779330
Got a strange problem with one of my CyberVision 64 4MB cards... Take a look at the picture below.

Those two red "blocks" follow the pointer, and after a while there will be graphics glitches on the Workbench when closing windows and so on.... anyone seen this before?

I have ruled out the daughterboard, buster chip.
Have tried another identical graphics-card in the same machine, and there are no glitches, so this is not software related either.

If i wiggle the card a bit, I can see differences in the graphic disturbances, but only minor changes.

(those horizontal lines are there only because I took a picture with my phone on a MV1438 monitor, CRT)

The cv64 has alot of socketed chips if i recall, try pulling them and reseating them. it may be bad contact on one.

Offline matt3k

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 02:16:08 AM »
Common problem with CV64's.  

Mech is right, need to push in your memory chips until you hear a click.  Problem solved...

The other socketed chips aren't the problem, but I would give them a push anyways...

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 05:55:44 PM »
Hmm you all seem to be right! Thanks a lot.
Removed the chips now just to see if it made any difference. No graphic glitches when they are removed.

Will clean them a bit along with the sockets and try to reseat them.

Happy new year everyone!