Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiWest 2017 - the 20th AmiWest show!  (Read 15311 times)

Description:

Offline djomre

• Show only replies by djomre
Re: AmiWest 2017 - the 20th AmiWest show!
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2017, 07:23:42 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;831009
@djomre

that has to the coolest amiwest-related travel arrangement ever proposed on this forum. if i was anywhere near st. louis, i'd take you up on that. awesome!

-- eliyahu

Thanks!  It just needs a Boing ball!

[ATTACH]5825[/ATTACH]

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2017, 02:21:03 AM »
@djomre,

Quote from: djomre;831008
Any pilots here?   Thinking of flying my Piper Cherokee to Amiwest.  Leave from St. Louis area and split fuel.  Probably 220 bucks each.  Cherokee cruises 125-135mph.

Aww man!!! Now you got me dreaming of a Velocity XL.

Chris
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 04:18:30 AM by QuikSanz »

Offline Acill

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2017, 11:17:53 AM »
I'm still looking for anyone willing to share a room with me saturday night. I will of course pay for the room. I wont be able to come if I dont have a place I know I can ahead of time.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2017, 09:57:56 PM »
@thread

terrific news from amiga on the lake this past week. apparently they'll be handing out 10%-off discounts for amiwest attendees -- so, for example, that's nearly $200 off the X5000 base system. and if you make your purchase during amiwest itself, you get another 7% discount for any additional purchases through the end of the month.

apparently amiga on the lake is continuing with their efforts to support amiga software development, and jaime kreuger will be talking about his joint projects with them at the show, too. and he'll dish on some sales information to give everyone an idea of how things are going at the only next-generation amiga dealer in the americas. yet another reason to join us in sunny sacramento later this month. i hope to see some of you there!

source: youtube

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline RobertB

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by RobertB
    • http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2017, 01:25:15 PM »
Quote from: Acill;831045
I'm still looking for anyone willing to share a room with me saturday night.
I'm at the Motel 6 a few miles away.  I had booked for a single bed, but when I found out your situation, I tried to change to two beds.  Too late!  All the other rooms were reserved already.

If you bring a sleeping bag and air matress, you could use the floor of my room.

Writing from the Czech Republic,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:37:01 PM by RobertB »

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2017, 07:29:06 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;831195
@thread

terrific news from amiga on the lake this past week. apparently they'll be handing out 10%-off discounts for amiwest attendees -- so, for example, that's nearly $200 off the X5000 base system. and if you make your purchase during amiwest itself, you get another 7% discount for any additional purchases through the end of the month.

apparently amiga on the lake is continuing with their efforts to support amiga software development, and jaime kreuger will be talking about his joint projects with them at the show, too. and he'll dish on some sales information to give everyone an idea of how things are going at the only next-generation amiga dealer in the americas. yet another reason to join us in sunny sacramento later this month. i hope to see some of you there!

source: youtube

-- eliyahu
Great News!

AmiWest2017 is next week!

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2017, 05:52:01 PM »
@thread

just wanted to update everyone on a few things.... the devcon has progressed nicely with several developers here. we've had the opportunity to play around with a bunch of stuff, including the source code to the original 'juggler' demo from the early days of the amiga launch (see here). jaime krueger, mark ritter, steve solie, hans de ruiter have been presenting, and there's plenty to come once the show starts tonight.

bill bosari, a.k.a, tekmage, is arriving later today, and should have a good streaming solution for those who have been unable to attend. and both A-EON and hyperion are presenting tomorrow morning with news, so be sure to tune in. steven solie has graciously offered to do a Q&A with amiga.org members after the show for those interested. we'll do that in a separate thread next week.

and lastly, a big thanks to goody and trevor for all of the booze so far. many a devcon attendee has had at least one headache since wednesday. well done! :)

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2017, 06:01:27 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;831984
@thread

just wanted to update everyone on a few things.... the devcon has progressed nicely with several developers here. we've had the opportunity to play around with a bunch of stuff, including the source code to the original 'juggler' demo from the early days of the amiga launch (see here). jaime krueger, mark ritter, steve solie, hans de ruiter have been presenting, and there's plenty to come once the show starts tonight.

bill bosari, a.k.a, tekmage, is arriving later today, and should have a good streaming solution for those who have been unable to attend. and both A-EON and hyperion are presenting tomorrow morning with news, so be sure to tune in. steven solie has graciously offered to do a Q&A with amiga.org members after the show for those interested. we'll do that in a separate thread next week.

and lastly, a big thanks to goody and trevor for all of the booze so far. many a devcon attendee has had at least one headache since wednesday. well done! :)

-- eliyahu

Sounds fun.
It should be a very interesting year for AmiWest.
Looking forward to the video coverage as (once again) I can't make it there.
Oh well, there is always next year, after all, for a 'dead' platform things seem pretty lively, no doubt there will be an AmiWest 2018 (barring a natural disaster or any other act of God, God forbid).
Hoping all attending (including a few of my friends) have a good time.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline stevee617

• Show only replies by stevee617
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2017, 11:03:52 PM »
What is the URL for the Live feed?  The Broadcast link on the AmiWest page is broken.

@thread

-- eliyahu
Steve E

-AmigaOne x5000 | 8GB RAM | AOS 4.1| Radeon 7770
-Amiga 2000 | GVP 030 Combo | 9MB RAM | 4GB HD | Flicker Fixer | Cybervision 64/3D

Offline RobertB

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by RobertB
    • http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2017, 11:06:18 PM »

Heh, take a look at my DevCon photos at

http://blog.retro-link.com/2017/10/photos-from-amiwest-2017-devcon.html

Writing from the DevCon,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2017, 11:52:34 PM »
The only thing I see being developed is a good BUZZZ! :lol:
Thanks for the pics Robert!
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline kreciu

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2017, 12:59:27 AM »
I wish I could have this MAGA hat...
Re-A1200inE/BOX/3.2/AmigaOS3.2/TF1260@66Mhz/256Mb/MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/FDD-HD

Offline tekmage

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2017, 08:47:58 AM »
@All

I've have updated the broadcast page on Amiwest.net.  Here is what it says:

Latest status: Expect the streams to start at 10 am PT.

Be warned that the internet connection at the hotel is extremely unreliable. We could see issues with the stream dropping or cutting out. I have a backup plan so bear with us if the stream becomes to

This year we will be broadcasting with youTube here. Due to some technical issues the live stream from youTube does not work on the Amiga anymore. Can't have that! So we will be running a second stream, from the same source. This is using the older shoutcast technology that worked for us well in the past. I have tested this with both Emotion and mplayer. If you are on a PC, Mac, phone, or Linux I'd stick with youTube. If you are on an Amiga use the shoutcast stream.

Note to Emotion users, if the stream drops the play might not notify you, please reconnect if it appears to have stopped.

Shoutcast stream: http://54.147.139.76:8000/stream

YouTube Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK5GI-nV6n8

The video's will be on youTube after the event on this channel

We will be monitoring the feedback on the streams on the AmigaWorld IRC server on the channel #amiwest2017. Connection details can be found here

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2017, 11:10:51 AM »
This might not make it into the video coverage, but Paul "Acill" Rezendes will be demoing MorphOS 3.10 on his X5000 at a table rented be David "AmigaDave" Morris today and tomorrow.

Just thought I'd post a notice of this for anyone interested.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline kreciu

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2017, 05:41:48 PM »
No live stream :-(
Re-A1200inE/BOX/3.2/AmigaOS3.2/TF1260@66Mhz/256Mb/MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/FDD-HD

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #44 from previous page: October 21, 2017, 06:16:05 PM »
Quote from: kreciu;832009
No live stream :-(

started here on youtube stream...paused now though
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel: