Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trans fats to be phased out in USA, Amiga edited Film about Trans Fats Update  (Read 5353 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
I'm not sure I get your point Amiga nut, either the management was or they weren't at fault.
And personally, I always tend to think of Amiga and the rest of Commodore's line separately (although, God knows, management didn't make to many great decisions developing the Amiga line either).

Frankly, I think they just got too used to the high profits generated by $200 C64s that had a $2 processor in them and they couldn't get it past their thick heads that that situation couldn't last forever.

And I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during the C128's design sessions. I want to know which genius went "I've got it, we'll make it capable of running CP/M 'cause God knows those C64 users love programs without graphics and sound".
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline ferrellsl

This is as a bad as the story about Kanye West using the word Amiga in a sentence....sheesh...

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
But..he said "Amiga".
Isn't that news worthy?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Quote from: SysAdmin;752144
Based on server logs Amiga.org has grown a lot since 2009 so your opinion while welcome is not accurate.
Yeah, because page hits are the definitive measure of site quality (and how many of those come from search bots driven by the relentless link-baiting, anyway?) Look around you - the site is down to maybe a dozen regularly active members from well over fifty when I joined, and a lot of that exodus was driven by exactly this kind of link-baiting nonsense and the ensuing flamewars.

A few posters are always quick to criticize the site but are unwilling to help make it better.
I'm more than willing to help. Give me access, and I'll clean up the garbage threads/forums and clear off the VigLink crap.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline ferrellsl

Quote from: commodorejohn;752154
Yeah, because page hits are the definitive measure of site quality (and how many of those come from search bots driven by the relentless link-baiting, anyway?) Look around you - the site is down to maybe a dozen regularly active members from well over fifty when I joined, and a lot of that exodus was driven by exactly this kind of link-baiting nonsense and the ensuing flamewars.

I'm more than willing to help. Give me access, and I'll clean up the garbage threads/forums and clear off the VigLink crap.

I have to agree with you.  The only reason I still show up here is out of morbid curiosity or to poke fun at the link-baiting!

Offline ElPolloDiabl

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
I like the crazy ebay postings. I also come here to find out about the FPGA hardware projects.
I don't mind the Windows bashing especially about 8.

Funny, the latest help posts were about a PSU breaking down and another person who had (nearly) forgotten how to use an Amiga.

The hobby is in dire need of a refresher. When I get around to buying some of that new hardware, I will feel refreshed.
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline ElPolloDiabl

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
P. S.
If I donate $5 a month, you won't need these linkbaiting posts?

I'll just set up paypal again.
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline nicholas

The more of us that leave the less people around to complain when the site gets sold to Butch Latina man-haters.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Quote from: nicholas;752233
The more of us that leave the less people around to complain when the site gets sold to Butch Latina man-haters.

It's really frustrating, actually. The more people leave the harder it is to get good help with classic systems. I understand there's a1k but that's all in German, and EAB but site navigation and layout on there leave me wanting to pull my hair out... for the past 10 years a.org was my #1 go-to resource for questions on classic systems, and I've always tried to use my limited knowledge to help others here where I can... but it seems like site owners don't care that they're driving away all the actual knowledgeable people and just leaving it to the trolls and jokers. I'm considering learning German at this point! *sigh* :angryfire:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
@Oldsmobile_Mike

Feel free to PM me any suggestions or improvements you have for the site. I do listen to all reasonable and good feedback. Now please everyone back on topic. No more OT posts in this trans fat thread.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 07:49:50 PM by SysAdmin »
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 07:51:29 PM by SysAdmin »

Offline nicholas

Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;752238
It's really frustrating, actually. The more people leave the harder it is to get good help with classic systems. I understand there's a1k but that's all in German, and EAB but site navigation and layout on there leave me wanting to pull my hair out... for the past 10 years a.org was my #1 go-to resource for questions on classic systems, and I've always tried to use my limited knowledge to help others here where I can... but it seems like site owners don't care that they're driving away all the actual knowledgeable people and just leaving it to the trolls and jokers. I'm considering learning German at this point! *sigh* :angryfire:

I know what you mean. I have periods where I just cannot be bothered to visit here let alone login for months at a time since Wayne sold up but I always come back.

I've always tried to help people with my limited knowledge too but as you mentioned many of the most knowledgeable people have long since moved on sadly. :(
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

@nicholas

The utopia you talk about with Wayne running the show ended in 2009. Wayne no longer had any interest in the Amiga and would have probably shut the site down if it had not been saved by DFX Partners. I do the best I can to run the site in a fair way for all members. It's not a charity, I spend lots of time hunting and posting new Amiga/MorphOS & AROS news and have long term improvements in the works for the site. There is no way I would ever please 100% of those that come here. Some complain just to complain or in the hope that hurting Amiga.org will help their competing site. I'll continue to source new Amiga news and enhance the site as much as I can. I recently added a G+ page for Amiga.org that everyone loves. I'm an old time Amiga user that bought Amiga World Issue #1 and own Amiga's old generation and new.

If someone truly has the best interest in mind for Amiga.org they are welcome to PM me anytime with their suggestions.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:06:42 PM by SysAdmin »

Offline nicholas

Quote from: SysAdmin;752241
5 foods that face changes with trans-fat ban.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/11/08/5-foods-that-face-changes-with-trans-fat-ban/

The old saying "You are what you eat" is very true.

It baffles me the crap that people consume on a regular basis.

Make no mistake and please understand in cgutjahr's world he hopes Amiga.org ceases to exist so he can promote his own Amiga news site. In our opinion this is why he is so critical of Amiga.org. He hopes and dreams to drive traffic to his own site. We hope we are wrong about this but that's what the tea leaves and contacting Orson Wells revealed. We still have to get a 2nd opinion from Alfred Hitchcock.

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
Re: Trans fats to be phased out in USA, Amiga edited Film about Trans Fats Update
« Reply #44 from previous page: November 08, 2013, 10:18:31 PM »
Quote from: SysAdmin;752244
Wayne no longer had any interest in the Amiga and would have probably shut the site down if it had not been saved by DFX Partners.

That's simply not true (again): The amiga.org community would have bought it - the amount people were willing to donate to that task had already reached close to 5000 USD.