Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trans fats to be phased out in USA, Amiga edited Film about Trans Fats Update  (Read 5349 times)

Description:

Offline Florida

• Show only replies by Florida
I am joining LoadWB. I guess this is the thread to announce that you are leaving.

Before I leave I want to say I had nothing to do with any computers being peed on. It is pure fiction. Who wants to be blamed for peeing on computers? Also, keep in mind the seller was a girl, I am guy, living a city away from where this girl was. I wish she would join and explain herself.

Please ban my account.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Quote from: Florida;752105
I am joining LoadWB. I guess this is the thread to announce that you are leaving.

Before I leave I want to say I had nothing to do with any computers being peed on. It is pure fiction. Who wants to be blamed for peeing on computers? Also, keep in mind the seller was a girl, I am guy, living a city away from where this girl was. I wish she would join and explain herself.

Please ban my account.

Your entire obsession with this whole pee'd on hardware issue is disturbing.
I used to have a friend that had the neurotic habit of mentioning that it smelled like cat pee whenever we were around a certain type of evergreen shrub (which, curiously enough, does smell like cat pee).
But you are doing nothing good by over reacting to the comments.

Are you sure you don't pee on hardware and then sell it to people?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline yssing

• Show only replies by yssing
    • http://www.yssing.org
I do see the amiga relation in this news article and I do look forward to watching the video.

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
Quote from: SysAdmin;752066

Why is this type of news on Amiga.org? DFX the owner of Amiga.org has an unreleased underground kult film exposing the dangers of Trans Fats.

Hahahahaha.

On my first read, I stopped at "unreleased", because I had spilled my coffee all over my keyboard (seriously, unreleased? I thought the "A" in "DFX" stands for "available now"?)

Thank god I read it a second time: "unreleased underground kult film"... Jesus Christ.

Offline esc

Re: Trans fats to be phased out in USA, FDA says
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 11:33:58 PM »
Quote from: LoadWB;752069
That's it.  I'm done.

ADMINS: I come here for Amiga, not politics.   I can get non-Amiga stuff plenty of other places.  Delete my account effective immediately.

Oh. My. God. The horror.  Oh man it must be unbearable to have ~5 new topics per day on this forum and one not be of interest to you.

News flash: not a ton happening in the Amiga world these days.

Let me go get the box of kleenex for you to wipe your tears, give me a break, holy hell.  See, this is an example of why I'm getting ready to ditch the Amiga community: It's full of crybaby's and winers, and everyone is always so angry and judgemental that nothing seemingly good ever happens in the community.  Peace.

Offline ElPolloDiabl

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
This should not be in the news section. Put it in CH or video toaster section. Perfectly good place to talk about it there.
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline Thorham

• Show only replies by Thorham
What's next? Flying bananas plot to conquer the universe?

:banana:

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
I am very interested in video editing at the moment and also interested in the Amiga but given the absolutely insane prices people are asking for pee yellow coloured 4000/030 machines these days I can never see myself editing analog video using Amigas no matter how nice an experience it is.

The hardware is too difficult to find and the Toaster is NTSC only and Analog so useless for 2/3 of the planet pretty much now.

Digital editing is an awesome concept but sadly needs CPU muscle, something no Amiga can provide at a reasonable cost to make this feasible.

Yes my post has nothing to do with the article, but then the article has nothing news worthy to do with Amigas as no new hardware being key to its production is mentioned ;)

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
Theres definately a bit of a "reaching its use by date" odour to amiga.org these days.
Lots of long time users are becoming discontent, many have already left, more and more demonstrations of what appears to be bizarre anti-windows form of OCD by the sites maintainer, and other annoyances that have historically led to sites deaths.
Personally Im also pretty close to calling it a day in regards to this site as well.
Its barely a shadow of its former self.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Gulliver

Quote from: Amiga_Nut;752123
I am very interested in video editing at the moment and also interested in the Amiga but given the absolutely insane prices people are asking for pee yellow coloured 4000/030 machines these days I can never see myself editing analog video using Amigas no matter how nice an experience it is.

The hardware is too difficult to find and the Toaster is NTSC only and Analog so useless for 2/3 of the planet pretty much now.

Digital editing is an awesome concept but sadly needs CPU muscle, something no Amiga can provide at a reasonable cost to make this feasible.

Yes my post has nothing to do with the article, but then the article has nothing news worthy to do with Amigas as no new hardware being key to its production is mentioned ;)

You can always have a PAL Video Toaster, you just need to use a transcoder just like the GVP TBC+ or The Progressive Image TBC. Or you can alternatively use non Amiga cheap generic ones you find on auction sites.

With a Zorro II 68030 Amiga and 8 MB of fastmem I was able to do NLE with a Toccata and a Vlab Motion. No need for a power horse.

I understand, and agree that Amiga prices are insanely high, but you can always get good prices if you buy them out of the Amiga community (we have lots of hoarders and quick buck fuc*ers in this community).

Offline Iggy

Quote from: Thorham;752120
What's next? Flying bananas plot to conquer the universe?

:banana:

Shh, don't let on you know about that.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
@fishy_fiz

I always thought the Amiga users never minded a little MS bashing after the sofies killed Commodore but maybe I'm wrong about that? I'm willing to listen and not post the occasional thread in alternative operating systems about the downfalls of MS if it really bothers people. It's hard for me to fathom why some are so offended by off topic threads they don't have to click on that are still tech related. Based on server logs Amiga.org has grown a lot since 2009 so your opinion while welcome is not accurate. A few posters are always quick to criticize the site but are unwilling to help make it better.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline Iggy

Quote from: fishy_fiz;752137
Theres definately a bit of a "reaching its use by date" odour to amiga.org these days.
Lots of long time users are becoming discontent, many have already left, more and more demonstrations of what appears to be bizarre anti-windows form of OCD by the sites maintainer, and other annoyances that have historically led to sites deaths.
Personally Im also pretty close to calling it a day in regards to this site as well.
Its barely a shadow of its former self.

Frankly, most of the time I just say screw it and endure this painful crap.
After all, most of our ex-patriots can still be reached via the internet.

Besides, I honestly think some of you are taking things too seriously (oh, oh goto go - I think I saw the cat peeing on some of my surplus hardware).

edit - Yo SysAdmin, the only thing that killed Commodore was criminally bad management.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:35:41 AM by Iggy »

Offline Amiga_Nut

Quote from: Gulliver;752138
You can always have a PAL Video Toaster, you just need to use a transcoder just like the GVP TBC+ or The Progressive Image TBC. Or you can alternatively use non Amiga cheap generic ones you find on auction sites.

With a Zorro II 68030 Amiga and 8 MB of fastmem I was able to do NLE with a Toccata and a Vlab Motion. No need for a power horse.

I understand, and agree that Amiga prices are insanely high, but you can always get good prices if you buy them out of the Amiga community (we have lots of hoarders and quick buck fuc*ers in this community).

There is no way you can convert NTSC video to PAL and not have it look like the terrible broadcast quality of Star Trek The Next Generation in PAL territories no matter how much you spend. Toaster is great for places where you have NTSC but even Babylon 5 DVDs in PAL look a bit ropey to me when stretch to 625 lines :)

There was two motion JPEG cards I can remember, VLAB Motion is one and P.A.R. was the other IIRC. Never seen either for sale since the 90s when they were reviewed in CU Amiga mag though.

As for getting an Amiga 4000, well that's my own fault for going to bed to 'sleep on it' when I say an 040 base unit only last Xmas up for £299 BIN on ebay which was not yellowed at all. Live and learn eh lol

Offline Amiga_Nut

Quote from: Iggy;752145

the only thing that killed Commodore was criminally bad management.

More like silly people buying NES consoles and PC AT EGA $5000 'home PCs' if you ask me. The EU side was quite profitable even when they concentrated on the ugly duckling CD32 right to the very end IIRC :) A 28mhz 020 4mb A1200 with optional PCMCIA CD-ROM drive was the only thing Commodore should have been selling in 1993 FACT. If they had to have a console they should also have spent more than 5 shiny pennies on the styling LOL

There's a lot of reasons why Commodore were forced into bankruptcy by their creditors in the US IMHO but I think the damage was just as much down to some really pathetic coding on most of the games software too..........if Amiga games had the same sort of talented coders and graphic artists/musicians as the Nintendo and Sega games had thrown at them then it would have been a massive struggle in the EU for the poncy Mac and crash-o-rific PC to get a foot in the door of homes this side of the pond (unlike Americans UK computer users wouldn't p1ss on a PC even in the days of 386DX £1000 bundles to be honest).

If only every game was as slick and hardware feature exceeding as the best Amiga games, common in the console world, things could have still been different.

Then again the managers that turned the $60 Commodore TED based computer project into the 'more than the price of a C64' Plus/4 cockup and the monumental disaster technically that the C128 was (which cost more than a 520ST FFS) probably still existed in the time of Medhi 'is he dead yet please' Ali so yeah doomed it was and not just by Doom on PC x86 ;)

Offline Iggy

Re: Trans fats to be phased out in USA, Amiga edited Film about Trans Fats Update
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 08, 2013, 03:12:40 AM »
I'm not sure I get your point Amiga nut, either the management was or they weren't at fault.
And personally, I always tend to think of Amiga and the rest of Commodore's line separately (although, God knows, management didn't make to many great decisions developing the Amiga line either).

Frankly, I think they just got too used to the high profits generated by $200 C64s that had a $2 processor in them and they couldn't get it past their thick heads that that situation couldn't last forever.

And I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during the C128's design sessions. I want to know which genius went "I've got it, we'll make it capable of running CP/M 'cause God knows those C64 users love programs without graphics and sound".