Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Second Beta Release of Timberwolf  (Read 5828 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Re: Second Beta Release of Timberwolf
« Reply #59 from previous page: March 30, 2012, 02:44:13 PM »
Quote from: drHirudo;686092
This is Amiga.org, i.e. the site where the MOS people are hanging to slam AmigaOS 4 in every possible way they can think of. Every time when AmigaOS 4 is mentioned for whatever reason, MOS will be brought even if it is totally off-topic. As see you wasn't been here for a long time, so you didn't notice the change.

That is completely unfair.
I'd love to see OS4 succeed.
As the former manager of a business that built 68K based systems in the mid '80s to early '90s (Delmar Co.) I know what a struggle it can be to market low volume computers systems and software.
But, so far, I'm not impressed with the team developing this software.

For comparison, when my former employer Ed Gressick wrote his first video driver he had a functional version created in one day.
Porting a GUI from Gespac? One week.

And I can assure you that no hot headed divisive comments about our customer base was made during that period.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2012, 02:48:01 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;686120
that's exactly how i feel about at least two of your OS developers. i really wish you guys could just stay out of OS4 threads here. even if you don't mean to -- and i think some of you do -- it just turns into a slap-fest.

-- eliyahu

I never intended to offend anyone.
If that's your take on the situation, so be it.
From what I've seen, you guys want to act like OS4 is your personal club house.
Why don't you grow up and learn to take criticism constructively?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2012, 02:57:31 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;686123
I never intended to offend anyone.
If that's your take on the situation, so be it.
From what I've seen, you guys want to act like OS4 is your personal club house.
Why don't you grow up and learn to take criticism constructively?
i think you misunderstood. i'm not offended at all, just frustrated. and constructive criticism is perfectly fine, welcome even. it's just the deliberately snarky comments that drive me bonkers. there's really only two people in the MOS community that do it consistently on this site, and you're certainly not one of them.

oh, and by the way, we don't want a personal club house. when i first joined the amiga community back in early 2010, i couldn't understand the -- in some cases, rather severe -- sensitivity of some OS4 users to anything that sounded like criticism. i understand why they react that way now: it's because anything that happens that is positive it set upon and demolished as much as possible by 'the usual suspects.'

i would argue that we just want people to be civil and not make things up or deliberately troll OS4 threads again and again and again. i imagine you wouldn't like it if you knew, in advance, that any MOS thread that appears here would quickly be set upon by the OS4 equivalent of a certain MOS zealot present in this thread. i mean, i would be nice if there could be OS4 threads here that didn't turn into slap-fests every single time, you know? that's not too much to ask, is it?

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline spirantho

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2012, 03:03:05 PM »
Without wanting to get involved in any arguments, it should be worth pointing out that:

TMHG said that OS4 was all done in his spare time. It's not. It's a proper commercial product, and Hyperion deserve credit for that.

It was also claimed that Hyperion were acting illegally, yet this is patently untrue, and is actually libel. Rogue could actually sue for that, and would probably win.

This thread is about OS4's Timberwolf. It was quickly derailed into a "my OS is better than your OS" with people going out of their way to talk about how great Fab's browser is. Yes, it is an excellent piece of work, and MOS is a very good OS, but this thread is about Timberwolf on a completely different OS, and talk about MOS browsers doesn't belong here.

I think Rogue was absolutely right in getting annoyed, I would do too.

Now can we all please get along? We're all in (roughly) the same boat together, can't we work with each other rather than against?

I mean... come on*.

* This worked in South Park. I want to see if it works on Amiga forums too.
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (except it should be internEt of course...!)
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2012, 03:05:55 PM »
I was going to do this late yesterday afternoon, but only had access through the painfuly crappy browser on my phone.

This has gotten off-topic and snarky to the point of just insulting others. It's beta, it has issues, it's in development. Deal.

and Closed.