Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lua 0.4 for MorphOS  (Read 1380 times)

Description:

Offline krashanTopic starter

• Hardware designer and programmer
    • Show only replies by krashan
    • Personal homepage
Lua 0.4 for MorphOS
« on: March 10, 2011, 06:02:34 PM »
Nev version of MorphOS Lua implementation has been released on MorphOS Files. The most importat new feature is fully native io.module adding file and console access to the language. MorphOS io.module is a shared library loaded on-demand and accesses dos.library directly, bypassing unix compatibility layer.

Adding this module finally allowed to run some of standard Lua demos. Especially life.lua shows the speed of the language (it still runs too fast, in spite of delay loop has been made 100 times longer than in original...). Working demos are included in the archive. Documentation, developer files and source-level debugger are included as well.

Offline nicholas

Re: Lua 0.4 for MorphOS
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 12:45:58 AM »
Quote from: Krashan;620932
Nev version of MorphOS Lua implementation has been released on MorphOS Files. The most importat new feature is fully native io.module adding file and console access to the language. MorphOS io.module is a shared library loaded on-demand and accesses dos.library directly, bypassing unix compatibility layer.

Adding this module finally allowed to run some of standard Lua demos. Especially life.lua shows the speed of the language (it still runs too fast, in spite of delay loop has been made 100 times longer than in original...). Working demos are included in the archive. Documentation, developer files and source-level debugger are included as well.

Nice! :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini