Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GTA Vice City Review.  (Read 3614 times)

Description:

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
Re: GTA Vice City Review.
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2002, 10:08:10 PM »

Blomberg wrote:
One thing that annoyes about both, the gfx has this shadow thing?? Like afterimage or wth its called... Just me who have noticed that?

You can turn that off, at least in GTA3. Don't remember how, but it should be easy, 'cause even *I* could do it  :-D
On the PC version, that is (which one were you talking about?)

both... but sadly only have vice city on ps2 though. So if anyone know a way of turning that off, let me know please.

But hmm why did they include this if its possible to turn off? All it does is making the game look uglier than it should be.

Offline Skyraker

• Show only replies by Skyraker
    • http://www.wolves.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2002, 12:31:06 AM »
I loved GTA3, and killing the cops was the best part... esp. with a sniper rifle at range and you hid in the car showroom.... this is ok though , because it aint real.......

Now a shopping mall or school yard shooting game.... fortunately for me I dont live in America (anymore) but it sounds like alot of fun... because .. it ain't real......

Sounds like a job for the Amiga, we used to have loads of twisted stuff.....

Awaiting flamage it's

Skyraker.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the body of an 18 year old ......... I keep it in the fridge.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline ensu

• Show only replies by ensu
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2002, 01:04:40 AM »
[color=000000]\\"[/color][color=10429c]The fut[/color][color=2ea8c4]ure is a w[/color][color=3baa3b]ide an[/color][color=e6d300]d und[/color][color=dc8c00]iscover[/color][color=e20a20]ed land.[/color][color=000000]\\"[/color]...

Offline Mike_AmigaTopic starter

• Show only replies by Mike_Amiga
    • http://www.mp3.com.au/forefinger
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2002, 08:57:19 PM »
If you can switch it off on the PC great, I suggest you do it. PS2 owners don't bother buying it, Vice City that is GTA3 is was great shame they didn't improve on it.
AKA ED-209 on IRC...

Offline ensu

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2002, 01:10:38 AM »
You can switch it off on the PS2 too!
Didn't i tell, that i play it on my PS2?
In the german version you have to select the menue "Anzeige" ("Display" in US) an there the second option (something like "Trails").

BTW: I updated both maps

2003-01-01: updated map of Vice City East (should be finished now). And happy new year to all of you.

ciao...
[color=000000]\\"[/color][color=10429c]The fut[/color][color=2ea8c4]ure is a w[/color][color=3baa3b]ide an[/color][color=e6d300]d und[/color][color=dc8c00]iscover[/color][color=e20a20]ed land.[/color][color=000000]\\"[/color]...

Offline KrasH

• Show only replies by KrasH
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2002, 03:54:19 AM »

The cars handle worse than the first instalment (car models look worse), the accuracy of the weapons with sights was bad in the first game, now its worse.
!

Just one thing. Isn't Vice City supposed to be set in the 70's or something. Last time I looked, 70's Cars do handle worse than "current, recent" cars in real life. (a good excuse to use if your a Vice City programmer)
Amiga 4000 CSPPC [retired]
Intel i7 3930K @ 4.3Ghz / Corsair H100 / Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 16 GB / 2 x 240GB Corsair Force GT SSD / 2 x EVGA 2GB 680GTX SC Sig / 3 x Benq XL2420T / 1 x Samsung 2443 BW+
27" iMac / i7 @ 3.4 / 680mx / 3TB Fusion / 32GB RAM

Offline ensu

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2003, 02:18:33 AM »
I think you're right! The handling of the cars is like 1980. One of the best is the "Cheetah". But most of the time i use the motorbike (PCG 600 or so). It's fast an get's you to most places which you can reach on feet only.

ciao...

Offline ensu

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2003, 02:21:35 AM »
I think you're right! The handling of the cars is like 1980. One of the best is the "Cheetah". But most of the time i use the motorbike (PCG 600 or so). It's fast an get's you to most places which you can reach on feet only.

ciao...

Offline ensu

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2003, 02:35:30 AM »
All hidden packages are now included:

Vice City East (208 K)
Vice City West (195 K)

ciao...

Offline Kermito

• Show only replies by Kermito
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2003, 04:00:01 AM »

Mike_Amiga wrote: ...so I'm getting Metal Gear Solid 2 instead.

@ Mike_Amiga

don't bother, MGS 2 is too short that doesn't deserve to be bought. Konami thought that the glory and fame of the first one was enough to do an attempt of a sequel.  Wait for MSG2: Substance this may be worth.
- - -
Armakuni, The Last Ninja

Offline Mike_AmigaTopic starter

• Show only replies by Mike_Amiga
    • http://www.mp3.com.au/forefinger
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2003, 04:48:39 AM »

KrasH wrote:

The cars handle worse than the first instalment (car models look worse), the accuracy of the weapons with sights was bad in the first game, now its worse.
!

Just one thing. Isn't Vice City supposed to be set in the 70's or something. Last time I looked, 70's Cars do handle worse than "current, recent" cars in real life. (a good excuse to use if your a Vice City programmer)

I agree with the part you said about it being a good excuse for the programmers. Even though cars may well have handled worse in the 80's that doesn't mean they have to make the games engine follow suite.

I can't believe in the first game that they expected you to hit people in the head on those rampages with a sniper, and if you didn't, it didn't count as a hit!?!  :-x I mean WTF man?

And they had the audacity  to make sighted weapons LESS ACCURATE.:-?

:-x In the words of Victor Melddrew " I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" :-x

I will bitch about this game 'till I die, or forget about it. (no gangster style pun intended.) :-o

The MGS 2 demo was wicked, don't tell me it's shortness is a good reason to avoid it.I can always get it second hand anyway. It's the sort of game any "game addicty" will play again and again.

Just like the incredible Deus Ex (Mac/completed 8 times) and MGS1 (PS/completed at least 6 times). :-)
AKA ED-209 on IRC...

Offline chipper701

• Show only replies by chipper701
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~cgh5541/
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2003, 05:16:54 AM »
I really liked the game myself. Of course the music makes me feel a lil old  :-(  . I dont play it much though because I wont play this game infront of my kids ages 1 and 2.

MGS2 is really an awsome game even if it is short. Same with ICO. Short but damn good game.

Looking forward to War of the Monsters. Demo was awsome and I cant wait.

Offline ensu

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2003, 06:35:32 AM »
Did you find the switch?

The precision of the sighted weapons were worse in the eighties too ;-)

ciao...

P.S: I like GTA Vice City. It's cool to fly the heli.

Offline Graak

• Show only replies by Graak
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2003, 06:45:51 AM »
@Kermito
don't bother, MGS 2 is too short that doesn't deserve to be bought. Konami thought that the glory and fame of the first one was enough to do an attempt of a sequel. Wait for MSG2: Substance this may be worth.

Too short? How long should a game be in order for it to be worth buying? It took me around 14 hours to finish MGS2. MGS is even shorter (I finished it in around 12 hours the first time I finished it).

MGS2 is a very good game, but I think that MGS is far superior. Too much conspiracy theories in MGS2, and WARNING: SPOLIER A FEW LINES DOWN

..you don't get to play Snake (except in the beginning). Raiden is a sissy  :-D

Offline dezignersrepublic

• Show only replies by dezignersrepublic
    • http://www.findingthem.com
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2003, 11:15:29 AM »
Vice city is an amazing game, not quite as revolutionary as gta3 but still a great game nonetheless.

It would be sooo cool to see games of this calibre on the AmigaOne...probably wont happen but would really be something.
--

Offline elendil

• Show only replies by elendil
    • http://www.idiot.fnuck.dk
« Reply #29 from previous page: January 06, 2003, 12:00:40 PM »
I kind of agree with the person not really liking a cop / pedestrian killer game. I love that kind of games, but I also love not living in the US where little kids grab their daddies guns and run out to play gta in real life. Preferrably I would be without it, as would the youth.

On another note: Does anyone remember that game on the amiga? It had horrible graphics and horrible sound and I forgot its name. You are some dude that wakes up in a laboratory with a baseball bat. You then proceed to bash in the head of the professor, leave to the streets (2d scroller), bash pedestrians, kill cops, find a gun and some drugs in a building, nail an already dead person and finally get gunned down by a lot of policemen with tanks?

Personally I think that game rocked :-)

Sincerely,

-Kenneth Straarup