Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for Dealers/Service in Wisconsin...  (Read 5020 times)

Description:

Offline FesterTopic starter

• Show only replies by Fester
    • http://www.rdmsnippets.com
Re: Looking for Dealers/Service in Wisconsin...
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 16, 2006, 03:32:51 AM »

tonyvdb wrote:
You should take some pictures of the "store" and post them here I would love to see some of the inventory and see how he has it set up.

Ray probably reads posts here. He might want to share photos. I saw a nice case (top part) from an A2000. This gives me an idea to build a mini-itx pc using a left-over Amiga 2000 case. I could probably fit at least two epia boards in there with an a-b switch. This would make for an interesting machine...

Fester

Offline doctorq

• Show only replies by doctorq
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 08:01:39 AM »

beller wrote:

BTW, Jean Jacque at Amiga Center France can handle the transaction in English.  I never had any problems understanding our emails.

Bob

Well, he can repair most things, but unfortunately his English isn't as good as it could be. I have had two packages down there with hardware for repair, but both times some of the hardware came back semi working :-(

I have to send back the latest hardware I got from him, and this time I shouldn't have to pay any additional costs according to the emails between the two of us, but I'm afraid this is something that will get "lost" in translation.

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 06:35:41 PM »

Olecranon wrote:
I will most likely visit Raymond Computer on Monday. It's the closest I've found and Ray responded to my emails in record-fast time.

Good luck with that Fester.  You'll have to post your "experience".

Hi there,

My experience so far is that Ray has not returned my correspondence since early summer. I'd like to get my Amiga 1200 and parts back.

Fester

Offline amesie2

• Show only replies by amesie2
    • http://www.amiga.org
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 07:17:03 PM »
I remember Ray from back when he was in a different shop about 1.5 - 2 miles from where he is now.

His shop has always been loaded with alot of stuff, I remember back when he was at his other shop he had 2 sons (I think) working with him and his dad was in the shop too.
He and his boys were always working on Amigas and C64's soldering stuff in the front behind the counter. Ray also had a BBS running for quite some time which I visited from time to time.

Just last year my dad and I packed up dad's Aerostar extended van with back seats removed, we piled from the floor to the ceiling Commodore and Amiga stuff and brought it to Ray to sell dad got 300.00 for the whole load.

There were about 3 C64's in boxes and a couple without, 2 vic-20's out of boxes, 1 C128-D out of box, a few dataset tape drives, several 1541's and 1571's, 3 amiga 500's one with external hardrive that plugged into the side port, 2 amiga 2000's in boxes, 1 amiga 2500 out of box with 2620 and microway flicker fixer, Buddah IDE, external floppy drives 1010, couple of different Bridgeboards 1-386 1-486 Goldengate, 1 ICD 68000 adspeed accel, 1 1084S mon., 2 1902 monitors, boxes and boxes of compute magazines, run, ahoy, and others, loads of 64 and amiga software.

We managed to keep a 2000 I bought about 8 years ago which was brand new in the original box (for 128.00). We added to it a microway flicker fixer, 68040 blizzard board, Catweasel with Buddah, HD floppy drive, 1084S, and some misc. disks for the Amiga.

We just recently purchased 3 4000T's from AVS which used to be an Amiga dealer in MN. Barry has pretty much gone to PC based support and has very little Amiga stuff left, He does have as of about 2 mos. ago 1 A4000D and A1200, he has a handful of Toaster boards and a few other misc. things. The 4000T's we bought worked but needed some TLC mine has a CSMKIII 060 in it (the other 2 are stock). We didn't get any software with the systems or manuals (hence my post for a copy of a 4000T manual) anyhow I am rambling so I better stop for now.

IN closing Ray has been around for a while in generally the same area, I have not had anything serviced by him so can't say how his service is. I do know that the items he does have he gets a fair price for (not that they aren't woth it) just like people on Ebay usually get decent prices.

Anyhow goodluck on your repairs!!!  

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 07:56:17 PM »

amesie2 wrote:

Anyhow goodluck on your repairs!!!  

Unfortunately,

I am very sorry to say that I am unable to reach Ray. I tried several times through email. I called him 3 times with no call back.

He has all my 1200 equipment. I brought this to Ray in the hopes that he could finish towerizing it. I had run into difficulties installing Mediator and was looking for someone with more experience. Ray was the perfect choice it seemed.

It looks like I may have to kiss this hardward goodbye, unless Ray would communicate with me. I haven't heard from him since early summer.

I have no idea why. Perhaps he ran into snags, or broke it by accident or perhaps the equipment was stolen from him? Did I say something wrong? No. I have no idea why he's not responding.

At this point, I'd like to pay him for his work and get my stuff back.

Fester

Offline amesie2

• Show only replies by amesie2
    • http://www.amiga.org
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 10:17:05 PM »
Fester,

Ray has some strange hours as I remember.

Mon. Closed

Tues. thru Fri. is 12:00 to 5:00

Sat. I think he is also 12:00 to 5:00 but not always

Sun. Closed

Not sure if this helps or not, you should be able to get hold of him by phone.

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 02:49:10 AM »

amesie2 wrote:
Fester,

Ray has some strange hours as I remember.

Mon. Closed

Tues. thru Fri. is 12:00 to 5:00

Sat. I think he is also 12:00 to 5:00 but not always

Sun. Closed

Not sure if this helps or not, you should be able to get hold of him by phone.

That's true, but I did speak to his business partner on two of those phone calls and left a clear message on a third call. He received many emails as well. He was replying to my emails at first. I will call one last time and send him a registered letter. I don't know what else I can do.

Fester